Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's matchday apparently.

Houston @ 7PM Pacific.

Waiting for @akslop to post his bet slip so we can see what the actual opposite result will be.

Ouija Board Horror GIF by Shudder
Screenshot_20210720-135007_Chrome.jpg
tenor (1).gif

Money line tonight.

Last edited:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's go Greek Freak!

Excited March Madness GIF by Milwaukee Bucks
Funny story. I saw a head line that said
Antetokounmpo in protocol and will not play Saturday. I head over to my bet 365 account and lay a portion of my kids tuition down on the Sun's to cover. Then I turn the game on and See the Greek freak warming up. After looking into it a bit further it was then I realized he had a brother that played and I'd be working a little longer then originally forecasted.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant/couldn't flip away from this riveting Caps game... how did the Greek Freak do?

Wow.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vancouver Whitecaps FC set for return to Canada, await games at BC Place​

By Jonathan Sigal @JonathanSigal

Wednesday, Jul 21, 2021, 10:40 AM

Vancouver Whitecaps huddle

Vancouver Whitecaps FC will return home for training during the final week of July as COVID-related travel restrictions between the United States and Canada ease, the club announced Wednesday.

The ‘Caps will return to Vancouver on July 25 and resume training at the Whitecaps FC National Soccer Development Centre on July 27. Due to the ongoing pandemic, they’ve set up shop stateside and played home games at Rio Tinto Stadium, which is Real Salt Lake’s soccer-specific venue in Sandy, Utah.

With the move, Vancouver will play nine of their final 15 regular-season games as home matches. It’s yet to be announced when they’ll formally return to BC Place, the club’s normal home ground, and they’re slated to play at “home” against Minnesota United FC on July 31 at Rio Tinto Stadium. Their July 28 "home" game against Austin FC has been moved to September 4.

The league and club continue to work with government officials on a National Interest Exemption for continued play in Canada. BC Place is committed to other events through July.

“We are absolutely thrilled with the prospect of returning to Vancouver,” Vancouver CEO and sporting director Axel Schuster said in a release. “We always understood that first the situation in our community has to change into a positive for everyone and for that we will be forever grateful to all our frontline heroes, who work tirelessly to keep British Columbians safe.”

Just last weekend, CF Montréal and Toronto FC made their returns to Stade Saputo and BMO Field, respectively. The league’s other two Canadian clubs were competing in Florida due to the aforementioned travel restrictions.

Vancouver currently sit 11th in the Western Conference standings and have accumulated a 3W-7L-4D record while being unable to return to British Columbia. They’re led by head coach Marc dos Santos and have a negative-9 goal differential, which is the worst total in the Western Conference. But with the potential for a home-heavy second half of the season, Vancouver certainly could climb the table.

Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9 home games, this could be scary unless their much-rumored new signings light it up - that is the only thing to bring back footy fans.

And even then... Go Canucks Go :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's so....Whitecaps...that their return to Canada is derailed by a fcuking nerd convention. Probably half the jock sniffers are also quidditch players and thus aren't complaining.

But honestly, this would have been the PERFECT opportunity to come home w/ a bang...play in at Swanguard, Langley, UBC, or even the new stadium at SFU, bring in temporary bleachers, sell tickets for a ridiculous low cost like $5, pack the place, and take a moment to thank their supporters, with actual sincerity, for sticking it out.

The inability of this club to see the forest through the trees astounds me. I hate it when I look at any business, and it's painfully obvious the beancounters run the show. No offence to @Rangerforever and @Gurps ….for beancounters and members of the Holy Trinity (Lawyers, Accountants, Bankers), I still like you guys. Maybe you too, @mtkb, but we still have to have that beer.

As to this new signing- Gauld- I'll reserve judgement till I see him. Once bitten, twice shy. Apparently fluent in Portugese and Spanish as well, so should meld into the dressing room pretty easily. His track record looks solid, so we'll see. Another midget, though.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's so....Whitecaps...that their return to Canada is derailed by a fcuking nerd convention. Probably half the jock sniffers are also quidditch players and thus aren't complaining.

But honestly, this would have been the PERFECT opportunity to come home w/ a bang...play in at Swanguard, Langley, UBC, or even the new stadium at SFU, bring in temporary bleachers, sell tickets for a ridiculous low cost like $5, pack the place, and take a moment to thank their supporters, with actual sincerity, for sticking it out.

The inability of this club to see the forest through the trees astounds me. I hate it when I look at any business, and it's painfully obvious the beancounters run the show. No offence to @Rangerforever and @Gurps ….for beancounters and members of the Holy Trinity (Lawyers, Accountants, Bankers), I still like you guys. Maybe you too, @mtkb, but we still have to have that beer.

As to this new signing- Gauld- I'll reserve judgement till I see him. Once bitten, twice shy. Apparently fluent in Portugese and Spanish as well, so should meld into the dressing room pretty easily. His track record looks solid, so we'll see. Another midget, though.
What's this about a nerd convention derailing them? I mean there's a reason the Southsiders are absent for Wednesday night games - that's WOW night. Something else interfering as well?

At least Gauld is Scottish - he'll be crazy and a bit off... helps offset the midget factor...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's a Scottish Midget that doesn't play in Scotland. "The Scottish Messi". We'll see. If he were anywhere close to Messi he'd be earning 100 Euro / year and entrenched in the EPL or other big clubs. So, why not? What's the dirt?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's a Scottish Midget that doesn't play in Scotland. "The Scottish Messi". We'll see. If he were anywhere close to Messi he'd be earning 100 Euro / year and entrenched in the EPL or other big clubs. So, why not? What's the dirt?
There's always something with their big ticket acquisitions isn't there...

In fairness, Wings and Wizards looks at least as entertaining as the Caps do currently:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's interactive! Why would I waste money on watching 90 minutes of Caps when I can put on a wizards hat and run around on a broomstick? it's a fcuking no-brainer.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever Mr. Too Cool for School. With your Bolywood good-looks we know that comes w/ children that have been raised on Harry Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts