Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I blame and bet it's US Immigration.

They are complete and utter assholes to Persian people and deny them entry into the States whenever they can.

That's a known quantity, and didn't get any worse with the regime change. The Caps and the league should have this sorted by now.

Gutierrez wasn't very good yesterday, but yeah, the bigger issue is in the middle of the park. Godoy back will help, hopefully...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a known quantity, and didn't get any worse with the regime change. The Caps and the league should have this sorted by now.

Gutierrez wasn't very good yesterday, but yeah, the bigger issue is in the middle of the park. Godoy back will help, hopefully...
Again, I only had the benefits of snippets. From what I saw, we have one good player. Crepeau.

When a squad is overwhelmed, hard for any player to stand out, all will look like they are shite, even if it is the overall shite play of 3 or 4 dragging the rest down.

BTW...what are everyone's thoughts on Alexandre? Too early? Looks a lot more Filipe to me than Pedro Morales (when he was good). Not being a homer here, but he hasn't looked like a player I'd want playing ahead of Baldisimo. For sure, Bikel, ahead of both of them in CMF.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
way too early for a read on Alexandre... thus far I've been favourably impressed - it's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys...

side note - I'm not on twitter but there was apparently some chatter from "parents of WFC players" criticizing the tactics deployed on Sunday.... anyone know anything about this?

ChunkyMonkey

Feb 23, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alexandre is way too soft to be playing in a system that only has two central midfielders. His defensive presence and awareness is shocking. This was quite evident vs SKC. I constantly find him shying away from opportunities to get stuck in. When he has possession, the moment he gets touched he's flailing around straight to ground. The whitecaps in a handful of games seem to have already built a reputation of being a team that goes to ground trying in the attacking half of the field trying to win set pieces. Ref from the SKC game was having none of it.

SKC Highlights -
Skip to 5:40 of the highlight video. SKC 3rd goal.
What is Alexandre doing backing away from Pulido at the top of the 18?
Watching him off the ball defensively makes my brain hurt.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
what's Alexandre going to do there exactly? bundle him over from behind and give up a PK? Baldy is marking air a la Teibert; someone on the back line should have been barking at him to collapse into the middle to pickup the eventual goal scorer...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what's Alexandre going to do there exactly? bundle him over from behind and give up a PK? Baldy is marking air a la Teibert; someone on the back line should have been barking at him to collapse into the middle to pickup the eventual goal scorer...

As mentioned before, Keystone Cops. No bright shining lights but maybe one.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert did not make any backwards passes in the last game yet the caps lost. The team was unable to build up from the back line in the first half, forcing crepeau to waste many possessions. Cavallini had a good game, but the rest of the team was bad. Shocking lack of coverage by rose when urutti scored. Urutti is a real jerk.
Few fans will pay to watch the caps when they return to bc place.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
check out the starting 11.... good grief:

Argh.....

Saw this and wondered by RT is in the fold? He's played a bunch, so give others a look. Stop force feeding this guy, Jesus, find solutions, don't keep trying to find a way to involve him. I have gone full RT hate-on and it's not his fault, it's his manager's. I mean, he's not even involved in the Canada Qualifiers, is he? They really need to move him. It's well past time on that expiration date.

It's a friendly, I get the need to keep the bench sharp. Even so, FFS, score a goal. It's still; an MLS line-up vs. a USL line-up. Sorry, USL2.

This guy though: Theo Bair. Get him gone on a loan already, he simply doesn't have it. I'm not talking RT level of lacking a bottom line, I'm talking, there is nothing here to salvage.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Football Sport GIF by Whitecaps FC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe wrong spot for this, but on current topic...since I went looking for where RT falls in.

These two are Muppets.

Any ranking that has Derek Cornelius ranked #1 loses me. He can barely start for WFC without having a spazz. He's not composed, at all, so why carry on w/ Canada? Fcuk this, you need someone w/ mettle in the middle. These games are only going to get more intense as they get into playing the big boys. Shocking. At least prove you are capable, reliable, and a little bit intimidating (for CB, at least) at the club level first.

Am I wrong here?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe wrong spot for this, but on current topic...since I went looking for where RT falls in.

These two are Muppets.

Any ranking that has Derek Cornelius ranked #1 loses me. He can barely start for WFC without having a spazz. He's not composed, at all, so why carry on w/ Canada? Fcuk this, you need someone w/ mettle in the middle. These games are only going to get more intense as they get into playing the big boys. Shocking. At least prove you are capable, reliable, and a little bit intimidating (for CB, at least) at the club level first.

Am I wrong here?

Watched 15 seconds and concluded you are not wrong.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cava must be apologizing to his wife on a daily basis right now. Just another striker that came to Vancouver to have his career ruined by ____, ____, _____, and ____. I imagine he was making pretty good money at Puebla, a pretty big fish, and likely a good lifestyle. I love Vancouver and it's a fantastic city, but we are still pretty cut off up here, and once you get outside, say, Langley, it gets pretty sparse.

I dunno, it's a risk coming here. We all love it, and I think people fall in love with Vancouver before vacationing here, and love it when they are here.....but once you are here? It's super expensive, the government takes a lot of your money, it's wet and miserable almost all winter...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Puebla are not a big club in Mexico. Their current highest earner is on about $800k
Cava signed with Vancouver for north of $1.3 mill per season, for 3 guaranteed years, and a 4th year option. He cashed in.

Also, he has a family. Where would you want your kids to grow up?

You can argue he made a poor sporting decision, but I imagine his wife is happy with it. The biggest difference for her is that instead of 1 nanny for each kid in Mexico she probably only gets 1 nanny total here to help with all 3.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where? If you have money, Mexico is a pretty decent place to raise a family. With way fewer taxes, and an education system available for those with money, it’s actually a very decent country to raise a family.

I believe Mexico supplies more doctors than any country in the world, and many American physicians get their PHDs out of Mexican universities due to affordability vs. US schools. So, not entirely buying your argument. Not entirely disagreeing, either.

Cashing in: you only cash in what you can keep. Guy shows up to Vancouver, 1/2 taken by taxes, and the rest by your mortgage. Where does he live? Couple of kids, maybe Surrey?

Nothing wrong with Surrey but, do you get the point he may be feeling a bit bait-and-switched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts