Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decision day.

Do they fcuk it up or manage to cross the line and live for another week?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to sneak in their boys!!
Gauld for Captain. Hope he stays a while.

Cavani is pissing me off though. Bad body language and seems like a big baby right now.
The rest of the team really have come together.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took the boy to this one, great atmosphere in the building. Caps fully deserved the point maybe more but Dajome couldn’t finish in a whore house.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to sneak in their boys!!
Gauld for Captain. Hope he stays a while.

Cavani is pissing me off though. Bad body language and seems like a big baby right now.
The rest of the team really have come together.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Needs a TTP ghost account

Like I said, this guy is hitting all the right notes right now, with players, with fans. He's in the barrel of the wave, gaining speed. Unfortunately waves eventually lose power, or you get stuck in the barrel and wash out.

Gotta remove the interim tag, and see how long he can ride it, though.

My only quibble with the line-up last night was, again, Rusty. Even Jake had a strong match, definitely he fits in well as part of the 3 back system. Rusty wasn't terrible, but on the night, Owussu was better, and as the primary holding midfielder providing support to the back 3, thought Rusty wasn't nearly as present. Bikel is simply a much stronger player in that spot, and when he's in there, you notice him everywhere, not just winning duels and dispossessing attackers, but in support. Yeah, he has a gross giveaway when he came on, was almost like in that moment he had too much time to think.

The gaffer has decided to stick w/ Rusty no matter what, it seems, possibly afraid of tweaking too much on a squad that has delivered them a playoff birth.

Really, this run they went on starting in August is quite inconceivable. Gauld is most definitely the guy who should be wearing the armband, that is 100% clear to me. Never stops working, gets stuck in, always a treat, comes back to defend. Never see him moping, having a moan, or play acting. Just simply works his ass off, and supports his teammates. This is one where the club definitely got the signing right. As opposed to Cava, agree w/ @utah , his body language is terrible, and he decided late in the match trying to kill of the match was a good time for one of his trademark fouls. Fcuking selfish and stupid.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and let's not forget White. Really strong match. Again, he doesn't blow my mind when the ball it at his feet. He may very well have been the 21 least skilled player on the pitch last night, ahead of only Jake. His movement, though, is excellent. His work rate top notch, and his understanding of the center forward position is perfect. His bravery on that header he won, and sent on to Gauld for the tying goal was obvious, he took an elbow for his efforts, and kept playing. My kind of player. He's won me over.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree with little Russel terrier. The first time I noticed him was when he was trying to hype the crowd at the end. Owussu was much much better especially recieving the ball in tight areas and retaining possession without just giving it back to the same player who gave it to him. A Rusty special I call it.
I get he works hard and seems to be a big part of the whole heart and soul vibe going on. We looked good, not sure how it played at home but I was really entertained. Gauld is the stick that stirs the drink. off the ball he is fantastic and on it even better.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps looked the more likely of the sides to find a winner, which is remarkable...

Montero is making $81,000 this year... Teibert t$438,000 and Cava 1.5 million or something like that...

Pretty sure the guy deciding on who to pay is the same guy organizing the security outside the stadium pre-game... they had full bloody notice it was going to be a sell-out and they still managed to fcuk it up large...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps looked the more likely of the sides to find a winner, which is remarkable...

Montero is making $81,000 this year... Teibert t$438,000 and Cava 1.5 million or something like that...

Pretty sure the guy deciding on who to pay is the same guy organizing the security outside the stadium pre-game... they had full bloody notice it was going to be a sell-out and they still managed to fcuk it up large...
Here's the thing....I could of been bamboozled, too, on Cava. I think we were all a bit high on him. Canadian, success at International level, success in Liga MX, not a terribly high pay level for a DP. Good reputation and his development as a pro was not an easy path, so that's good. Checks a lot of boxes.

Who knew he'd be such a bust. He'll move on next year, and they'll go on the hunt for another DP in that impossible price range for a real game breaker. IN that context, amazed they got Gould. Anyways.....

RT....fcuking hell, we knew what we had there, so WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts