Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Gold Cup

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good first half. Presumably this is also not Costa Rica's best team. Still though, they do not look like a side that should be banking on a World Cup spot based on this performance.

Note: I may not survive the entirety of the match as Gareth Wheeler could trigger a brain aneurysm...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also... Mr. Muppet in the booth...

I've been involved in the game for over 45 years and need to ask... WTF is an underlap?

And another "see ya".

I need to start a campaign of some sort to get this guy off these games.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also... Mr. Muppet in the booth...

I've been involved in the game for over 45 years and need to ask... WTF is an underlap?

And another "see ya".

I need to start a campaign of some sort to get this guy off these games.
Where do I sign?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Estaq starting to enter the conversation in my head for one of the most polished players to pull on the red jersey.

Polished, not pole-ished @akslop

My pole stopped get polished after number 3 arrived:oops:

To your point though can't say I disagree. Becoming one of my favorites actually. Underrated first touch

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Football Sport GIF by Whitecaps FC

just a run on the goal side of the ball, rather than on the touch line side of the ball...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wheeler….fcuk me.

Euestaquio is a stud. Not so concerned about Cava sitting as he only seems proficient at collecting yellows.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wheeler….fcuk me.

Euestaquio is a stud. Not so concerned about Cava sitting as he only seems proficient at collecting yellows.
Ya Cava seems replaceable by some combination of Tesho/Corbeanau/Pasher.

Vitoria is going to be a massive miss. Don't fancy playing Mexico with Henry at the heart of defense at all. Still, happy to be in the semis and anything can happen!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada pressed really well and forced costa rica to rush and turn over the ball a lot.

Losing Cavalinni and Vitoria for a huge game is a disappointment.

Good thing Tesho was called up and got minutes as he is gonna have to have a monster of a game on Thursday.

I imagine the starting lineup will pretty much be the same except Henry in at center back for Vitoria and Tesho in at striker for Cavallini.

Esquistio man of the Match for sure.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The states looked terrible vs Jamaica. I know they are missing stars like Pulisic and Mckennie but I gather we're a better team than them right now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any chance we give Mexico a game? I mean....the squad looks good! Even without the big stars, it's fun, attacking football! Again, Eustaquio….such a baller. Love watching this guy pull the strings and right now, looks like he can do it all. Need him to play defensively? He's excellent. Need him coordinating the attack? Excellent. Drive it? No problem. Covers every blade of grass, and is clearly the boss.

I don't know the Mexican squad very well, but what I suspect is it'll take Piette having a big game breaking up plays, and freeing up Estaq to go the other way. The rest? Same, same, same. Stay on the front foot.

Looking forward to this, and actually optimistic our squad can pull off an upset.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta love MLS.

"Hey Mark-Anthony, while you were away at Gold Cup, we traded you...."

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
so LAFC is bringing in an international that they'll buy down under the DP threshold... what I wouldn't give for the entertainment value of them stealing Ryan Gauld out from under the Caps' noses...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so LAFC is bringing in an international that they'll buy down under the DP threshold... what I wouldn't give for the entertainment value of them stealing Ryan Gauld out from under the Caps' noses...
God I’d hate that….and sort of love it at the same time. Think that can happen at this point? It is MLS…..

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any chance we give Mexico a game? I mean....the squad looks good! Even without the big stars, it's fun, attacking football! Again, Eustaquio….such a baller. Love watching this guy pull the strings and right now, looks like he can do it all. Need him to play defensively? He's excellent. Need him coordinating the attack? Excellent. Drive it? No problem. Covers every blade of grass, and is clearly the boss.

I don't know the Mexican squad very well, but what I suspect is it'll take Piette having a big game breaking up plays, and freeing up Estaq to go the other way. The rest? Same, same, same. Stay on the front foot.

Looking forward to this, and actually optimistic our squad can pull off an upset.
Doubt Piette will be in the line up. Presumably they will be unchanged from Costa Rica besides the enforced subs at the front and back. That means MAK, Eustaquio and Osorio in midfield.

As for "giving them a game", I am sure this Canadian team will put a shift in. Mexico, unlike the US, has sent a fairly strong side to the Gold Cup. They are missing a few key guys (Lozano up front, Ochoa in goal, Carlos Rodriguez in midfield). But their first choice back line is there and they have Corona up front, Dos Santos in midfield, etc.

Point is they are clearly the best team in the field at this tournament and you think they probably want to make sure they bring home this trophy after they bottled it against the US in the Nations League final at the start of June.

Interesting thought...

We all kind of applauded Eustaquio for his (presumably) intentional time wasting yellow against Haiti to ensure he wasn't suspended for the quarter final. Now, it certainly looked smart to have him out there as he put in a MOTM performance in that win over Costa Rica. However, after seeing how dour the US were, and how crucial Eustaquio has been, you can't help but wonder if him playing could have got us a result against the States in that one. We only needed a draw to top the group and that would mean we were playing Qatar in the semis while it would be US vs. Mexico.

Maybe he would have got that yellow and we would have lost in the quarters. Who knows? Lots of question marks. Still, you can't help but think...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0