Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Mathematically there is somehow still a chance, but certainly no scenario where they have control over their own fate. Fiasco is right. Changing their playoff entry to a PPG standing rather than outright points is as Mickey Mouse as it gets. Especially during this pandemic, when all squads have had to plan their every movements around it, it's a joke to essentially reward squads that did the poorest job at risk management on their own end. The Canadian teams are really being jobbed this year. Spending weeks away from home, long stretches of quarantine breaks, and most infuriating are recent decisions to eliminate the Supporter's Shield (a giant fcuk you to every other league on the planet, and supporters, that gives top of the table standings as Championship status), and this PPG qualification bullshit. Squads play all season with laser focus on the points earned. It is not Vancouver's fault Colorado can't manager their players and obviously don't have good pandemic protocol.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Mathematically there is somehow still a chance, but certainly no scenario where they have control over their own fate. Fiasco is right. Changing their playoff entry to a PPG standing rather than outright points is as Mickey Mouse as it gets. Especially during this pandemic, when all squads have had to plan their every movements around it, it's a joke to essentially reward squads that did the poorest job at risk management on their own end. The Canadian teams are really being jobbed this year. Spending weeks away from home, long stretches of quarantine breaks, and most infuriating are recent decisions to eliminate the Supporter's Shield (a giant fcuk you to every other league on the planet, and supporters, that gives top of the table standings as Championship status), and this PPG qualification bullshit. Squads play all season with laser focus on the points earned. It is not Vancouver's fault Colorado can't manager their players and obviously don't have good pandemic protocol.
anderson cooper crying GIF

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the league making up new rules as the season progresses, perhaps the Caps are thinking at some point, playoffs will be determined by $ spent per point earned. Caps would be #1 seed AND collect their first hardware in the Supporters Shield, no?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the league making up new rules as the season progresses, perhaps the Caps are thinking at some point, playoffs will be determined by $ spent per point earned. Caps would be #1 seed AND collect their first hardware in the Supporters Shield, no?
This is gross sarcasm that doesn't seem way far off possibility. The MLS is a joke of a league the way they run things, the Caps are a joke of a franchise the way they (don't) spend.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not impossible!
San Jose play two good teams. We play the shitty Galaxy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-144604_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-144604_Facebook.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 8

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So obviously San Jose got a win that killed off our season. The boys did manage to end off the year by beating the woeful Galaxy. Montero with the brace and Cava added one.

The Caps were bad this season but how bad were they? They played away from home for weeks. Played a number of the top teams twice including TFC, Portland, Seattle and LAFC. I would go out on the limb and say we'd make the playoffs in a regular year. Cava, Montero, Godoy didn't play in the MLS is Back tourney and it took them a few games to get in to gear. Things were slowly starting to click. Dajome works hard and is a willing runner, I like how his progressing. RT was good enough. Bikel showed promise in the holding role. Baldi showed creativity although his fitness and defensive awareness is shocking. Nerwiniski was actually decent although his defensive ariel game is weak. Cornerlius had a shocker for me, he can play much better. Milinkovic looked good here and there but way to inconsistent. Khimiri is garbage. Bair isn't at the level. Raposo showing the jump from college to the pros is massive. Bush is quality but his wages are a tad outrages. Owusu surprised me and got better as the season progressed.

The caps should do something crazy like sign Balotelli. :D
Cava and Balotelli upfront with Montero playing as the 10.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So obviously San Jose got a win that killed off our season. The boys did manage to end off the year by beating the woeful Galaxy. Montero with the brace and Cava added one.

The Caps were bad this season but how bad were they? They played away from home for weeks. Played a number of the top teams twice including TFC, Portland, Seattle and LAFC. I would go out on the limb and say we'd make the playoffs in a regular year. Cava, Montero, Godoy didn't play in the MLS is Back tourney and it took them a few games to get in to gear. Things were slowly starting to click. Dajome works hard and is a willing runner, I like how his progressing. RT was good enough. Bikel showed promise in the holding role. Baldi showed creativity although his fitness and defensive awareness is shocking. Nerwiniski was actually decent although his defensive ariel game is weak. Cornerlius had a shocker for me, he can play much better. Milinkovic looked good here and there but way to inconsistent. Khimiri is garbage. Bair isn't at the level. Raposo showing the jump from college to the pros is massive. Bush is quality but his wages are a tad outrages. Owusu surprised me and got better as the season progressed.

The caps should do something crazy like sign Balotelli. :D
Cava and Balotelli upfront with Montero playing as the 10.
I don't know how I missed all this.

Firstly, I'd LOVE to see Balotelli here. Why not? Well, I'm sure there a lot of Why Nots, but why not?

Cava showed me enough to tell me he was a good get, but without good support he's not creating by himself. What a great finisher, though, and they need him.

I lost my shite a little when I read "Nerwiniski was actually decent...", then I realized it was in the context of this one match. It was, wasn't it? Jake was frequently the worst player on the pitch. Almost always. The only reason squads don't attack his side every time is because on the other side Adnan is simply too dismissive about defending to ignore. I'm amazed at the rope Jake has gotten, TBH. He's awful. I know I've said this before, but aren't there any RBs in the VMSL that are better? Must be at least a couple.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how I missed all this.

Firstly, I'd LOVE to see Balotelli here. Why not? Well, I'm sure there a lot of Why Nots, but why not?

Cava showed me enough to tell me he was a good get, but without good support he's not creating by himself. What a great finisher, though, and they need him.

I lost my shite a little when I read "Nerwiniski was actually decent...", then I realized it was in the context of this one match. It was, wasn't it? Jake was frequently the worst player on the pitch. Almost always. The only reason squads don't attack his side every time is because on the other side Adnan is simply too dismissive about defending to ignore. I'm amazed at the rope Jake has gotten, TBH. He's awful. I know I've said this before, but aren't there any RBs in the VMSL that are better? Must be at least a couple.
I wish I was joking but I thought Jake had a good year for his standards...which aren't that high. I actually don't think there are better options in the VMSL. Lol

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I challenge that. Jake is so deficient technically and aptitude wise. Still can't jockey. Yes, pace for days, but everyone knows the VMSL has been a graveyard for undiscovered talent, surely there must be one there that could do better than Jake? Obviously it's a couple of steps higher in pace / quality, so I'm asking....

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I challenge that. Jake is so deficient technically and aptitude wise. Still can't jockey. Yes, pace for days, but everyone knows the VMSL has been a graveyard for undiscovered talent, surely there must be one there that could do better than Jake? Obviously it's a couple of steps higher in pace / quality, so I'm asking....
I'd rather give the job to a Canadian kid so bring em out if you guys can find them. @dezza and others here are in the know more than I am.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen Kadin Chung play quite some time back and heard good things about his play in CPL.

Philosophical question for you, @ dezza : had the CPL not come into fruition, It's likely one or both of these guys would have ended up in PDL or something like the VMSL anyways, no? From that standpoint, CPL serving it's purpose thus far?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen Kadin Chung play quite some time back and heard good things about his play in CPL.

Philosophical question for you, @ dezza : had the CPL not come into fruition, It's likely one or both of these guys would have ended up in PDL or something like the VMSL anyways, no? From that standpoint, CPL serving it's purpose thus far?

Mo Farsi was playing PLSQ

Kadin would likely have stayed in the lower leagues in Europe

Having CPL is definitely better than not having CPL, but it has a long ways to go. Too many players are on such low salaries that unless they have family financial support they'll have to retire after a couple years to get a job to pay bills. This means there's always openings for young talent to cut their teeth, but it also means that the overall level of the league will struggle to improve over time.

This is reflected at the "top level" of the league, where players don't seem to generate much interest from bigger leagues, and rightly so as the gap in play is still large. Tristan Borges who was the runaway league MVP in 2019 got a move to Belgium and is nothing more than a reserve player there. Marco Bustos was a top performer in the Island Games, and he's just re-signed with Pacific because no one at a higher level came calling.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just gonna come out and ask....

@Ronaldo. 07 is this one of the players you were alluding to?

Also, and truth to the rumour this was one of the kids removed from WFC for hazing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0