Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem with that is Bush is on $300k/year o_O

They just tripled their GK Salary budget....

You've got to be kidding me... is it an option for next year perhaps? They can't have locked that in for another season for a 33 year old keeper who hasn't seen the field yet this season...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
New wrinkle in the Bush saga! A report from JJ Adams (Province Sports) says that Montreal will eat part of his salary... at least in 2020. Not sure about 2021.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another L. Thanks to ref we got a goal. I still do not what the identity of this team is. Cavallini needs to score more and less of getting stupid cards. Still playing hockey style of soccer. Still not sure why Baldisimo does not start?!?! When he came in you can see a quality that he has that no other midfielder has. Always looks to play the ball forward. Bikel is *hit. Get rid of him. Goalie made few good saves but also some poor decision making. We need better quality of players no doubt. We cannot make 5 passes in a row. Honestly, watch the game and see if made 5 or more passes in a row and on how many occasions.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another L. Thanks to ref we got a goal. I still do not what the identity of this team is. Cavallini needs to score more and less of getting stupid cards. Still playing hockey style of soccer. Still not sure why Baldisimo does not start?!?! When he came in you can see a quality that he has that no other midfielder has. Always looks to play the ball forward. Bikel is *hit. Get rid of him. Goalie made few good saves but also some poor decision making. We need better quality of players no doubt. We cannot make 5 passes in a row. Honestly, watch the game and see if made 5 or more passes in a row and on how many occasions.

I'd say lets be patient with Baldi. He's still getting minutes which is good for his development. But why wouldn't he start?...you're right he can spread the ball well and looks to make positive passes but his defensive awareness/shape is lacking and his gas tank is terrible.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those exact words??
Preferably. I’m afraid your little white kid doesn’t qualify. White. Italian, or prefers that side vs. The German side. See gold chain and obsession with Rocky as evidence / proof.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shambles. The red to Godoy was a sale the ref bought, including extended warrantee.

Loved seeing some aggression and frustration. Two footer by Baldi. No card. Reminds me of a certain 2 footer by @YoAdrian a couple years back. Such angry little elves.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would take Robo and the team we had, over this every single day of the week. 1 goal, a PK, in 4 matches.
the problems are deep on this squad. No coach in the world could change it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would take Robo and the team we had, over this every single day of the week. 1 goal, a PK, in 4 matches.
the problems are deep on this squad. No coach in the world could change it.

Christ, I hate saying this but so would I.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's RT? Can't get points without him in the lineup...
It was 0-0 with RT in the game. Off at half and then what in the second half? Haha

A couple of decent efforts on goal in the first half. Baldi and Montero were comfortably saved from distance. Keeper made a goal stopping save off the Rose header.

Very weak second yellow for the Rose sending off.

Robbie ball all day over this crap.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an organization Whitecaps have reached the point where the fans certainly have every right to think that nothing will change for better with the current ownership. The team's "philosophy" and "structure" start from the top and obviously there is something deadly wrong with the club.

Every coach they hired was an unexperienced coach (the only guy with experience was fired after 4 or 5 games during inaugural season).

How many successful drafts they had? In my opinion Parker was the only one. Yes, certainly, there were some hopes in regards to some speedsters their drafted but all of them proved to be a bust. Why? That is a question to really think hard about.
I think we come down to poor development system they have in place although they constantly talk how great it is.

They literally got all best talent from across Canada and they didn't improve the single talent they were dealing with.
Ok, I know, somebody will say: What about Alphonso Davies? Well, yes, I'll accept the argument but have to say that Davies was one of those talents that even Whitecaps could not screw up.
How many of you, including myself, thought that Davies would not succeed at Bayern? When he arrived there he still had so many anomalies in his game but the right system, professional and experienced coaches just brushed his unquestionable talent and made him basically a sensation over the night.
Whitecaps had nothing with that, absolutely nothing! Davies learned all could learn about soccer in Alberta, not in Vancouver.

Can you imagine if Bayern did not want to pay two additional millions to Whitecaps (OK, half to them, half to MLS) at the last moment? Davies' career would probably go downhill from that point on if he stayed here.

In the meantime, in my opinion, they managed to screw up youth soccer in Lower Mainland with so many changes they and their buddies at BCSA implemented so that youth soccer is probably worse now than 20 years ago. Unfortunately, there is no time to elaborate this in more details.

Let's not forget about the saga with the new stadium. Instead of expanding Swangard (a deal that could have easily be done with City of Burnaby) Kerfoot wanted to bill a stadium downtown above rail tracks!? Logically, such extravagant plan, was not approved. Even then they did not want to rethink Swangard; the team had to be Downtown Vancouver for corporate sponsors (did they, really!?) so they ended up playing at BC Place on artificial turf.
That automatically disqualified them in eyes of any serious player to attract to play here so why are we even wondering then how they end up with signings they have.

Anyway, I really have no idea why I wasted so much time writing about Whitecaps. What a waste of time!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was painful . Im out of T3's so I took 3 Tylenol 1's to make up for it. Why do I keep going back to putting myself through watching this house league crap

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody needs to tell them there are at least 30 brown kids in Surrey that are better players than Simon.
He’s garbage bro trust me. Whitecaps need to do a better job I. Every area. I’ve been saying it. People need to stop riding teibert . There’s no positives. This Simon guy is an ultimate flop. Funny how when I bring up brown players u have a slight problem. One of our players who I was referring to got a professional contract this morning in the Portuguese league. He got rejected by whitecaps youth. When u have pure talent and hard work eventually ull come through. Doesn’t matter what the colour of your skin is. Whitecaps coaches are trash what do they know. Their residency squads are filled with kids who can pay the cash. There’s are tons of players bettter then this Simon kid and a lot of them are brown. Once again I speak facts and nothing else love me or hate me I don’t care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts