Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This kid must really suck eh?

Clearly. :D

Frankly, I'd have liked to actually see him play at the MLS level more than the sample size we had. Impossible for us to know how he's developed....which to me makes it hard to get behind the Caps. They are truly shite at developing MLS capable players. They call themselves a development club, then are too chicken shite to do the things needed to develop.

We have watched Bair put out mediocre after mediocre performance. Baldi finally got his chance (shortage in personnel issues) and is doing well, now staying in. Hassal, forced in and now they know they have something there. Really, what have they actually done, besides give Bair more run than he's earned?

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money

This kid must really suck eh?

He’s really bad. 50 youth players are better then him. He’s on the team because he has a few connections. He’s not going anywhere. Whitecaps need to recruit youth that deserve it. Not just recruit players because someone has inside links with the club. Baldi is good but they have let so many players slip through the ranks by not promoting them. To the team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to Wikipedia, he came from SU before heading to the Caps so there's that :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pffft….everyone knows Surry United can't produce players. Or Metro-Ford. Too many whites and Italians.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m shocked anyone becomes a player in BC honestly. kids get much better skill training with some more knowledgeable coaches and stuff. A lot more touches and skill work and generally time on the field then when I was young. However I’d argue the previous structure of families having to play in their city made more sense then whatever this is.

Clubs stealing players from each other without even really knowing their quality. There is zero loyalty to club from families or from families to the club. I don’t think it’s to the betterment of the club or families and certainly not to the kids. soccer wasn’t ready or structured properly for this much money to get involved.

A lot of the people that do care and are just flat out about the kids get stepped on by the clubs who see them as competition. Doing extras with “our” kids for free or next to nothing? Not on our watch. It’s like the bloody mafia to be honest. I find it bizarre.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
He’s shite. I’m all for the hype if the kids got potential. This ones a regular player who barely got time in bcspl. Let alone whitecaps.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankly, I've felt for the longest time the issue was pathway. At least in Ontario, at least there is L1O. Similar in Quebec, I think.

Here? Nothing. It's almost like from Youth to Uni is the only option, and the VMSL, FVSL, and VISL don't exist. Now at least w/ CPL the pathway is being filled in.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He’s shite. I’m all for the hype if the kids got potential. This ones a regular player who barely got time in bcspl. Let alone whitecaps.

Well, you keep saying that, and that there are x number of better players his age, except, he made the Canadian squad, got in significant time, and scored for them. Can't be that shitty, and BTW, you have yet to utter one name, and the club that name is with.

I'm not saying you have a bone to pick, but you sure as hell sound like somebody that has a bone to pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0