Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All RT proved last night is he can play in a squad with a man advantage. Wow.

I'm just wondering what all of the previous Whitecap coaches and previous MNT coaches see in RT that you and all you other experts don't?

I know you saved Langley(from you own account), but Zambrano who the majority of people think helped shift the MNT program even picked RT in his team.

I guess all of these professional coaches don't know shite.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just wondering what all of the previous Whitecap coaches and previous MNT coaches see in RT that you and all you other experts don't?

I know you saved Langley(from you own account), but Zambrano who the majority of people think helped shift the MNT program even picked RT in his team.

I guess all of these professional coaches don't know shite.

Correction, those professionals, and you, don't know shite. :D

I kid, I joke.

Well....

You can't start pointing out a player making the odd nice play then state he's an effective player when he's playing ineffectively most of the time.

Having great endurance does not make a player effective, it's one element. Listen to Colin Miller, who has the same message....works his ass off...runs a lot....but no bottom line. Doesn't do any one thing really effectively. He was complimentary too last night, essentially saying "Finally, a good game for RT".

Finally, a good game! And it took the man advantage to facilitate that!

The pool of Men's players available from MLS has to be about 3-4 times deeper now than it was in Zambrano's short tenure. So, there is that.

I dunno man. I just feel standing still is going backwards. Playing RT represents- at best- standing still, instead of trying to improve. I'd rather give those minutes to a young promissing player, and live with his eff ups than a guy who, let's face it, is already on the back 9 of his MLS career.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction, those professionals, and you, don't know shite. :D

I kid, I joke.

Well....

You can't start pointing out a player making the odd nice play then state he's an effective player when he's playing ineffectively most of the time.

Having great endurance does not make a player effective, it's one element. Listen to Colin Miller, who has the same message....works his ass off...runs a lot....but no bottom line. Doesn't do any one thing really effectively. He was complimentary too last night, essentially saying "Finally, a good game for RT".

Finally, a good game! And it took the man advantage to facilitate that!

The pool of Men's players available from MLS has to be about 3-4 times deeper now than it was in Zambrano's short tenure. So, there is that.

I dunno man. I just feel standing still is going backwards. Playing RT represents- at best- standing still, instead of trying to improve. I'd rather give those minutes to a young promissing player, and live with his eff ups than a guy who, let's face it, is already on the back 9 of his MLS career.

Fair enough. I just want to reiterate that I agree that overall RT has had two down trending years. Part of me wants him to rediscover his confidence of 2017 and be a good contributing part of this team, he is after all only 27. And if the Caps ever spend any money on making this team good by acquiring quality players then he can do a job from the bench.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
do not underestimate the power of the CSA and Whitecaps ownership to force the playing time issue on the basis of pure desperation to show that their pathway, pyramid, whatever they're calling it this week is actually working...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
do not underestimate the power of the CSA and Whitecaps ownership to force the playing time issue on the basis of pure desperation to show that their pathway, pyramid, whatever they're calling it this week is actually working...

This reminded me, to a degree, of the Two Escobars documentary(30 for 30). If I recall correctly gangsters owned a local team, in Colombia, and wanted their player to start for Colombia at the World Cup hoping his transfer fee would rise so they could make a profit. The gangsters threatened to kill family members of the original starting player and they eventually got their way.

Boy the Caps are just as gangster eh? haha

The funny thing is RT could actually make the MNT for these upcoming games against inferior competition. I still wouldn't pick him based on current form but he has been in the set up as of late so it could happen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, this leads into the much broader and more interesting conversation of the pathway.

When RT came in, there was no real pathway. Thus what I meant by miniscule player pool. Now, MLS and Canadian players within have come a long way, but in addition, the CPL is starting to serve it's mandate. Now you have some players making a mark in that league as players that will move on, either to MLS or elsewhere. Credit to the CSA for actually getting this going, 30 years too late, but it will make a difference so that clubs like WFC don't need to force feed a RT to the public, and the CSA does not need to bring into camp the only players getting any minutes in MLS. There is actual, real competition starting to happen.

Now, if they can only sort out Tier III

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyways....

WFC. They suck. Monetero is a crybaby, but we need him, maybe even see him and Cava on the field together. Maybe something can happen. Maybe the squad can figure out a way to get the ball to their feet.

My 11 this weekend against SLC

Cava- Target man
Montero - 10 / false 9
Adnan Milinković (Reyna) Dájome (Raposo)
Baldisimo
Gutiérrez Veselinović Rose (Godoy??) Nerwinski
Hassal

Got two more subs in there now but who knows, and I think they need to get Godoy fit, so quite possibly start him in the middle.

That back line is the shits. For the past 2 years Jake has been, arguably, the worst player on the pitch several times, and I can't think of a better player with more experience on our back line. Godoy when fit, sure. At some point Vaselinovic. I like Gutierrez TBH but he's still a wild card.

Gotta have Adnan at LW. Best creator we have.

Also gotta leave RT off the park, but you know he's starting after finally completing a successful pass forward against 10 men last match. The club is celebrating and love affair renewed. I know he'll be starting ahead of Baldi, I'm just saying it's stupid.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Absolutely correct!

And guess what! I would not be surprised if RT is soon (in next few years) named as Whitecaps new coach. He would not be the first Whitecaps coach without any or any decent experience to be hired for that position.

Owners who do not want to spend any significant money on better players (and coaches)
+ Front Office that follows the Owners blindly
+ Unexperienced coaches
+ Poor drafts
+ Artificial turf that all good players avoid
+ Vancouver's location and travel involved
= Vancouver Whitecaps, present and past; most likely future too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely correct!

And guess what! I would not be surprised if RT is soon (in next few years) named as Whitecaps new coach. He would not be the first Whitecaps coach without any or any decent experience to be hired for that position.

Owners who do not want to spend any significant money on better players (and coaches)
+ Front Office that follows the Owners blindly
+ Unexperienced coaches
+ Poor drafts
+ Artificial turf that all good players avoid
+ Vancouver's location and travel involved
= Vancouver Whitecaps, present and past; most likely future too.

Yes, yes, yes.

Of all your issues, the only one that becomes less relevant if all else are fixed, is: Vancouver's location and travel involved.

We know for sure w/ feedback from hockey players, that, if you tick the boxes in all those other categories, the benefits and beauty of living in Vancouver offset the extra travel by being remote. BUT, FFS, fix the rest! And, with great cities like Nashville, Miami, and Austin coming into the league, that little unique advantage we have starts disappearing.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow this clubs a joke. Reyna gone. Someone said that the young players I mentioned were from surrey. That’s incorrect baldisimo Is not from surrey. 5-6 players can walis whitecaps team but they choose to recruit Simon Colin.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow this clubs a joke. Reyna gone. Someone said that the young players I mentioned were from surrey. That’s incorrect baldisimo Is not from surrey. 5-6 players can walis whitecaps team but they choose to recruit Simon Colin.

5-6 local players can walk on to the Whitecaps? lol
Who?
I'd actually like to see these dudes play.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 win.
Caps are great vs 10 men! haha

Montero showing great vision from the 10 spot. Who knew?

Bikel is the calm and composed player in the mid we've been missing.

Still a long long way to go.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

You said they were from Surrey. You then said Baldisimo was one of the ones you had meant. He's not from Surrey. You are therefore full of it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was happy to see the winning goal scored the way it was. Cava was bought because he’s a proven finisher, known to be a bull and strong in the 18. He had to beat two defenders to get to that ball. Monterro made a nice play.

Still way too much going backwards for me. It allows the opposing team to pressure us rather than us establishing a high press. Again, give the Caps a team short a man and they do alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0