Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because we still need guys that can come in to the game off of the bench and do a job...whatever that may be. We need depth and RT is more than good enough to be a depth player now or down the road.

Fine, leave him on the bench. No problem. He can be your spaz, put him in when you need, tell him not to cross centre (like Wagner did, but I didn't, scored 2 against Coastal in Pak, saved Langley, again). But guys like Baldi, who are young, and show both more promis and actual production than RT, MUST start right now, and get developed. Why? Well, if you haven't noticed, this club isn't singing a Michael Bradley or Jose Altidore anytime soon. That's why RT must stay on bench, and Baldi must start.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs ...RT?

The bet is who will earn selection over the other for camp. Neither will see the pitch. Likely neither will see selection...but I'll be shocked if RT does IN 6 MONTHS at the expense of a good young player seeing MLS minutes. Its an absurd argument to start with, I'm just taking the least absurd position.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs ...RT?

The bet is who will earn selection over the other for camp. Neither will see the pitch. Likely neither will see selection...but I'll be shocked if RT does IN 6 MONTHS at the expense of a good young player seeing MLS minutes. Its an absurd argument to start with, I'm just taking the least absurd position.

Whoa now, I never said RT would be selected for the National team any time soon. I actually said I wouldn't pick him.

You said that Baldi is better than RT has ever been. To that I referenced that 2-3 years ago RT made the MNT based on his form back then.

Baldi has potential. Is he better than RT has ever been...no way.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely he is. But that's it, this is now a debate of absurdity. RT will never make the Nats again. Guaranteed. Baldi may, and he's at least trending up.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually think Owusu and RT are basically the same player, except that Owusu reads the game better than RT does.

Baldissimo is quality but come on... he's 5'0 and he's the great hope in the middle of the park? Don't forget that he's been quick to pick up "knocks" in training - he's actually got a very useful mean streak but maybe not against guys ten years old and ten inches taller...

You see, Dude, you nail the lineup for tomorrow like that, and then you regress by asking why this place is a striker's graveyard.

If you do happen to find space in a dangerous area, be prepared for us to play it back to our keeper. Yeah you were open, but he was more open.

Zero service. Single striker against the thug central D men every MLS squad has. Get rammed from behind more than Jenna Jameson every time out because what passes for service will be aimed at the top of your head.

Kick and run for 90 minutes, and oh yeah the way it works the other ten kick and you run.

Please score 20 goals this year in this setup because we have no one else who will sniff 3.

Need I go on?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, but we will.

Ugh.

He may be smurf stature, but at least he’s a mean little smurf who is still the best we have.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And this: “You see, Dude, you nail the lineup for tomorrow like that, and then you regress by asking why this place is a striker's graveyard.”

Sad, isn’t it?

Our murderers row of a back line includes Cornelius, who I’m sure loses tackles to even RT in training. What happened to the Steve MacDonald’s of the world?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
And this: “You see, Dude, you nail the lineup for tomorrow like that, and then you regress by asking why this place is a striker's graveyard.”

Sad, isn’t it?

Our murderers row of a back line includes Cornelius, who I’m sure loses tackles to even RT in training. What happened to the Steve MacDonald’s of the world?

Well, Dan Sudeyko is a provincial court judge now, so there's that...

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the stuff u guys are saying is so delayed. Lol I’ve been saying it for months. Teibert is garbage he’s just there so the club can brag about homegrown talent. The defence is garbage. Selling in inboem was the biggest mistake. He was struggling a little but overall he was a positive player. Owusu and teibert are both backwards passers. Owusu runs like he’s 10 beers deep. Cavaliini has been shite. The owner won’t spend. The coach is shite. And there are a lot of young players not given the chance that deserve it . Baldisimo was one of the players I was referring to when I made my comment a few months ago. Saw him at some summer tournaments. He’s a good player. Somebody mentioned whitecaps and euro football in the same paragraph some idiot said ibra would dry out if he came to Vancouver. comedy. When u pay for good players they don’t dry out. When the owner doesn’t wanna spend a dime and buy a bunch of pussies then they will dry out. This team doesn’t deserve an mls spot been saying it for years. There a cpl team or a usl side at best. Out of the 11 starters only about 5 are mls caliber.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should review last year's and the thread the year before that.

Oh, the Ibra comment? Do you understand sarcasm? And Cava, he did come here from a better league where he was very productive, so it's like @mtkb stated, why is this a striker's graveyard? It's about the service. I'm sure Ibra would be fine, but he'd kill everyone here first.

Full marks on use of word delayed, though. At least you didn't say it in French.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night was not a super compelling match up until the red card. I have always had a hard time with the play acting shenanigans Montero displayed; Camacho kind of just slapped him away. I guess I'm glad they got screwed and not us. By the letter of the law, I suppose it's a red. Also by the letter of the law, Montero should have been issued a yellow, and frankly disappointed they didn't after reviewing the play.

Was super disappointed to see Tiebert start, again. I simply don't get it, not much more to say.

Without the red it's a different match, but fcuk it, take the 3 points and run.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't watch the game as I was training in the smoke. Lungs feel great this morning. lol

Looked like Camacho punched Montero in the knee...closed fisted. You can't strike another player whatsoever. It's obviously a red card. You're on crack @Dude. Montero should have seen a yellow? jesus. Maybe you didn't see this angle at 1:25

Glad to get the win.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I spent about 6 hours riding Saturday, no problem. Smog came in Sunday, another 6 hours doing yard work, and haven't felt good since. The smart guy award goes to me.

Onto business....

"By the letter of the law, I suppose it's a red." - Dude.

Didn't see that angle. Even if not a slap, a closed fist punch to the knee and that reaction?

Come.

On.

My 6 year old daughter wouldn't react that way. She'd hit back. But she's way tougher and honorable than Montero.

I get it. It's the oldest trick in footy, doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm not on crack, you're on crack.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not like at the World Cup and the ball was passed to Rivaldo and it hit his legs and he went down in a heap covering his face. lol

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Montero may have inquired about Camacho's whore of a sister...

In any event, since they were reviewing it anyway, I'd have shut the extra-curricular down a different way. Yellow to Dajome for leaving the foot in on the original tackle, yellow to Camacho for the purse-slap, yellow to Montero for simulation, PK.

RT actually made a very nice forward pass on the last Vancouver goal. Henri apparently thinks he can play the same 11 guys for the 50 or so games MLS requires of teams, so I don't give RT much credit beyond that as the Impact legs looked wobbly from the start and deteriorated from there.

Bair would struggle to get on the pitch for some VMSL teams. Get rid of him. What an academy lol...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In any event, since they were reviewing it anyway, I'd have shut the extra-curricular down a different way. Yellow to Dajome for leaving the foot in on the original tackle, yellow to Camacho for the purse-slap, yellow to Montero for simulation, PK.

How about just call the original foul by dajome on camacho? Then the whole mess is avoided. Classic case of the ref misses calling the obvious foul and then calls the retaliation.

Bair would struggle to get on the pitch for some VMSL teams. Get rid of him. What an academy lol...

Vmsl quality play to match the vmsl quality refereeing. Seems he does belong on the pitch after all...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT actually made a very nice forward pass on the last Vancouver goal.

In the last game, where I said it was RT's worse game in a long time, he actually created a golden opportunity to score as his long ball was fluffed by Montero who should have easily squared it to Cava for a goal but instead Cava lost his marbles and saw red.

I think Montero may have inquired about Camacho's whore of a sister...

Materrazi style. lol

I don't think knowingly striking another player, even with a slap, should be condoned at all. Red card imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts