Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the game. Toronto played half the speed compared to first game and were still way better. We started with 5 defenders and 2 d mids. No mid play at all. Many long balls and when in possession the ball was continually going backwards. Nobody to show or create some space to play the ball into. Gonzales won every header there was and I do not think we even had a chance to score. Probably the poorest Whitecaps team there was.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
first half basically a training match for TFC... Whitecaps are basically unwatchable... I'm a Bruins fan and I lateraled to Habs-Flyers for part of it...

Teibert and Metcalfe were the closest thing to attacking central midfielders in that setup... should work well next season at Swangard...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Teibert being pushed up to the attacking mid position. Guy has no facking offensive creativity. Plays in fear. Seems afraid when he gets the ball. He's always demanding it but gets rid of it as soon as it hits his foot.

On another note. After watching this team for years now I would never have thought that an ex Whitecaps player would be hoisting the Champions League Cup!!!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the defenders don't actually jump on aerial challenges... the central midfield has zero creativity.... the strikers can't finish penalties... this is a complete and utter farce of a squad.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tuned in later in the first half and saw Baldisimo just miss the top corner from a free kick. A good effort! Both youngsters played it safe and weren't factors.

Cavallini has an unreal work rate but no one is helping him press! If he spear heads a press then his attackers have to join him 100%...the problem is they are choosing to not support him everytime. They are always "reacting" rather than asking questions of the opposition. This will always put you a step behind. Now I'm not saying we should press all the time but let's take a chance every once in a while ffs.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The kid Baldisimo is a real deal. So calm on the ball, always looking to go forward, by far the best mid we have right now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m waiting for all the “You were right, Dude!” Admissions of err for all you who poo pooed me saying they should have been playing this kid.

Go ahead.

Getting Cava on the sheet early was huge. Played like a boss.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m waiting for all the “You were right, Dude!” Admissions of err for all you who poo pooed me saying they should have been playing this kid.

Go ahead.

Getting Cava on the sheet early was huge. Played like a boss.

well, you could have inferred my agreement from my assessment of the still starting RT... plus, I coached him!

***(in fact, I was the assistant coach and he was called up every so briefly. I take absolutely zero credit for anything he has and will accomplish, and I have every confidence that he has zero memory of me)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps started off brightly and should have been up 2-0 before Montreal woke up!

Baldissimo will only get better with more games but I gotta say he has a small gas tank. Although he lasted the 90 minutes, at times he was almost at walking pace.

One of the worst games I've seen RT play in a long time. Piette took him to school. It's funny how just two years ago I rated RT better than Piette. RT jockeys way too much, he needs to apply real pressure and sometimes go through a player.

Is it just me or is Jake playing pretty good so far this year? His crosses were excellent last night.

I actually think Montero, Cavalini and Reyna will do some damage going forward.

Owusu is garbage. He won't be here next year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do we start with that shitshow? I stayed tuned in because I was watching a trainwreck.

-Baldisimo is a bright light. Played with more bite than we’ve seen from past snowflakes playing as the playmaker. Remember Bustos? The bite we saw last night was the bite we all wanted to see out of him. Baldi made some really nice long range passes, and was unfortunately bypassed most tof the night.

-Malinkovic I thought was good. Frankly, would rather see him at either LW or RW.
- Gutiérrez for about the 4th time this season has shown to be a very solid LB. I bet he’s also a better RB than Nerwinski.

The rest were shite, some more shite than others. The worst was Cornelius. Speaking of snowflakes, fcuk me, he is soft. Can’t mark, can’t win a tackle and he wears a stupid headband. Fcuking princess.

Cava looked like a guy that was beyond frustrated. I like that he throws his weight around, but two dummy cards that were not needed. The snap show was predictable as he was in Binks back pocket, or Binks was in his kitchen, whatever analogy you want to use, Binks- a 19 year old- got the better of him. Cava is right now wondering how fast he can get back to Mexico, or to Toronto. Hell, maybe even Montreal. He’s actually wondering WTF he was thinking signing in Vancouver.

MDS, time to go. Full stop. Lost the room and is managing like a guy throwing spaghetti at the wall. Adnan’s reaction said it best, he went straight to the showers and got undressed. That is a huge sign of disrespect for your manager and your teammates. Stay on the bench for the duration of the match, not that hard, but I saw it as a message to the manager, not his teammates.

Why is Tiebert still out there??? WHY???? Left wing, rally? The ball still went backwards enough to get me hammered if I had to take a ¼ of a shot for every backpass. Thank God I didn’t, be sick today. We had at least two other wingers available that are better players in that spot (Dajome, Raposo), same goes for the baffling start of Owussu at RM. If the manager simply starts Adnan at LM, then he can slot in Gutiérrez at LB.

What happened to Veselinović? He was actually the best thing that came out of the MLS is Back tourney, so WTF? Jesus, that whole back-line looked shite.

This squad is in shambles. Start with the coach, and until we get new ownership in place, hope Scheuster can at least bring in a manager who commands the room, with MLS experience, and starts shedding dead weight players.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adnan’s reaction said it best, he went straight to the showers and got undressed. That is a huge sign of disrespect for your manager and your teammates. Stay on the bench for the duration of the match, not that hard, but I saw it as a message to the manager, not his teammates.

What a douchebag! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0