Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw various reports that said $2.5 ish USD. Actually sold him for a profit Of about $800K MLS funny money. I’m amazed, and baffled how this game works, quite honestly, on a business level at times. They have TV in Russia, no?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I take from this is, offer both player and club more money, and you still have to involve the dark arts to get a young player to come to Vancouver... no wonder he stunk, he was brooding more than Barry Robson his whole time here...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad combo of everything. As Utah said, he's a good player, but unless you surround him with others he won't succeed. Not all players can drive the bus and drag others along to be better. As @LION said early on, he had (has) a 12 year old boy body. Players don't have to be huge in MLS, but it is physical, and you need to have some meat on the bone.

And...wow...imagine one day thinking your dream is about to come true...you are about to be transferred to Germany. Then a left turn to hockey country, and now he's headed to Russia. He may be bitter the rest of his life at the original transaction.

Again, I'm amazed something could be salvaged for the club to wash it's hands of the deal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is so pathetic.

When is Davies' loan spell over? After Champs league is done, correct?

:rolleyes:

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toronto made at least 50 give and goes. Just basic 1-2. Compare Teibert and Bradley, its night and day. Bradley so much composure on the ball, every pass goes forward and most importantly gets open to start an attack. RT plays the ball backwards and then runs asking for the ball back?!?! Whitecaps have no midfield. Nobody that can settle on the ball and control the game. Nobody impressed tonight, maybe Rose a bit. Yes, it is a bad team. It has no identity.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert cannot process the game at this level. Sure he works hard, but when all you ever do is "almost" get there, it's because you're not reading things properly. Exceedingly rare for him to create anything moving forward; far more often he's putting his teammates into trouble with hospital balls or balls that leave the teammate no choice but to cough it up.

If you're a Southsider who enjoys WOW and your mother's basement Teibert looks like a busy, handy player. If you understand the game at all, you realize very quickly that he's a complete liability.

Having him as the anointed leader in the lockerroom cannot help - players know who's quality and who's shite. They might not say so, but they know it...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On this team he's one of the more consistent players unfortunately. He had a really good season two years ago that switched me from, as the kids nowadays say, a "hater".

RT regressed last season without that other midfield quality and it's the same shite this year. I didn't see many backwards passes from him last night but a few forward passes that were mostly under hit or off the mark. His touch was bad too. The team is asking him to play a role which doesn't suit him. He can't be the main guy anchoring that defensive mid but Dos Santos doesn't know what the fcuk he is doing anyways. lol

Raposo gets in the game and he's playing up top as the main striker? Holy hell he didn't look comfortable up there. I'm not even sure if they even passed him the ball. However Bair is on the wing? lol. I think it's obvious it should have been the other way around or even Ricketts on the right and Raposo supporting Bair up front.

He also has Goddoy and Cornelius on the bench. why?

It's going to be a long shortened season. Probably the best thing for this group.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I note that the Caps have told season ticket holders that they're having their money applied to next year rather than refunded... if the team face-plants all year I suspect a mutiny in that regard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0