Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps are out...goalie did well, but cannot kick the ball past half, thats amateur. However, did make nice few saves. Gutierrez young left back did well. Lots of poise with the ball. Both CBs did well but lots of long balls from the back. Both CM are good at running, but not with the ball. Not once did they come out with the ball and start an attack. The captain (RT) is constantly talking to ref even if it does not involve him. Like an office lady that needs to know everything. Inbeom played well but was subbed?!? He was the best player for Whitecaps. How does Reyna not start over Bair? Bair is terrible, slow and lazy. In the first half you have one on one and you choose to slow down and play the ball back?!? Anyway, Toronto lost as well
Well said. I didn’t agree with inebom being subbed he was their best player. Bair shouldn’t start again. Keep khmiri away from starting lineup. And those penalties. Yeah won’t even say anything. Let’s of positives though with some of the big hitters coming into play later on in the season. Whitecaps should sell russel teibert I don’t think he has much to offer. Sideways and backwards player who doesn’t take enough risks. Inebom needs someone in the middle with him who is on his level.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps are out...goalie did well, but cannot kick the ball past half, thats amateur. However, did make nice few saves. Gutierrez young left back did well. Lots of poise with the ball. Both CBs did well but lots of long balls from the back. Both CM are good at running, but not with the ball. Not once did they come out with the ball and start an attack. The captain (RT) is constantly talking to ref even if it does not involve him. Like an office lady that needs to know everything. Inbeom played well but was subbed?!? He was the best player for Whitecaps. How does Reyna not start over Bair? Bair is terrible, slow and lazy. In the first half you have one on one and you choose to slow down and play the ball back?!? Anyway, Toronto lost as well
Is it too crazy a thought to see what Adnan could do on the right side? He's just as good with his right as with his left. Jake is just so bloody bad, they need to get him off the pitch. Gutierrez did really well, I'd like to leave him there and re-deploy, find a way to get Jake off the starters list.

Inboem was not good yesterday. No bottom line. Yes at times he's get forward, but then dispossessing him was way, way too easy. Owossu, I felt, was a bigger contributor, as he was accountable defensively and pushed. Let's not forget he's injured and playing hurt. He was able to win battles, dispossess the opposition without drawing fouls, and good in distribution / protecting the ball. He needs an attacker with confidence to be paired w/ him. Inboem isn't that guy. I've seen enough, he's not able to grow out of his little boy body and handle playing in a physical league.

Overall there were some brighter spots, but fcuk me, Dejome and Reyna...these are our Internationals (at least, I think Dejome is one of Columbia's Internationals...but he at least came with some sort of pedigree of scoring goals in South America). No poise whatsoever on the spot. We have a skinny kid who shut out a top squad, who can barely get his GCs over half, standing tall and getting us a save. That's all you can ask of your Keeper during spotters, give us a chance. he did. I felt Cornelius was a tactical error, and I felt not having your best shooters shoot first was also a tactical error. Adnan is your best player right now, despite his bad laughable attempt last year. He definitely should have taken one early.

Our manager also didn't use all his subs when he could have to kill the clock and get your best attackers on for PKs. Where was Ryan Raposo? Theo Bair is actually a striker! Why wasn't he used ahead of a defender?

Tactical mistakes and oversights are entirely on MDS. That, combined with his lack of ability / trust to push forward development of our young players has me now off his bandwagon. There has been enough time and opportunity for him to do as he says and get the kids involved. He hangs on his excuse to want "more to show him they belong". Apparently in training the kids have been dominating and pushing hard. Could one have not been subbed for Dejome, or maybe started ahead of him and bring him in at half or 60 minutes?

MDS is coaching scared. He'd rather ride out his limited experience of underachievers than do the right thing, which is use the resources available and develop them. This was basically a mean nothing match. There was a chance there.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it too crazy a thought to see what Adnan could do on the right side? He's just as good with his right as with his left. Jake is just so bloody bad, they need to get him off the pitch. Gutierrez did really well, I'd like to leave him there and re-deploy, find a way to get Jake off the starters list.

Inboem was not good yesterday. No bottom line. Yes at times he's get forward, but then dispossessing him was way, way too easy. Owossu, I felt, was a bigger contributor, as he was accountable defensively and pushed. Let's not forget he's injured and playing hurt. He was able to win battles, dispossess the opposition without drawing fouls, and good in distribution / protecting the ball. He needs an attacker with confidence to be paired w/ him. Inboem isn't that guy. I've seen enough, he's not able to grow out of his little boy body and handle playing in a physical league.

Overall there were some brighter spots, but fcuk me, Dejome and Reyna...these are our Internationals (at least, I think Dejome is one of Columbia's Internationals...but he at least came with some sort of pedigree of scoring goals in South America). No poise whatsoever on the spot. We have a skinny kid who shut out a top squad, who can barely get his GCs over half, standing tall and getting us a save. That's all you can ask of your Keeper during spotters, give us a chance. he did. I felt Cornelius was a tactical error, and I felt not having your best shooters shoot first was also a tactical error. Adnan is your best player right now, despite his bad laughable attempt last year. He definitely should have taken one early.

Our manager also didn't use all his subs when he could have to kill the clock and get your best attackers on for PKs. Where was Ryan Raposo? Theo Bair is actually a striker! Why wasn't he used ahead of a defender?

Tactical mistakes and oversights are entirely on MDS. That, combined with his lack of ability / trust to push forward development of our young players has me now off his bandwagon. There has been enough time and opportunity for him to do as he says and get the kids involved. He hangs on his excuse to want "more to show him they belong". Apparently in training the kids have been dominating and pushing hard. Could one have not been subbed for Dejome, or maybe started ahead of him and bring him in at half or 60 minutes?

MDS is coaching scared. He'd rather ride out his limited experience of underachievers than do the right thing, which is use the resources available and develop them. This was basically a mean nothing match. There was a chance there.
Well agree to disagree about inebom but I actually think the coach did what he could in terms of subs. Let’s not forget the young players on the bench are really bad like I’ve mentioned earlier. There just on the team because they have connections. None of them will make it anywhere on the professional level. If the coach put them on we would’ve lost the game. We are playing against Kansas and they are playing their strong side. The young boys would’ve gotten taught a lesson. Jake nerwinwki will get taught how to play by some of the amateur winger in the vmsl. He’s very lucky to be playing professional footy. In terms of Dajome I think he will come through and be a very good player for this side. He’s got good skill and can dribble. One of the very few attacking spotlights on our side. He needs to work a bit harder defensively and stay on his feet more. Ali adman is the best player on this team with inebom close behind. Owusu is ok. Good defensively. Going forward nervous player to watch. Lacking ball control. Coach did make a mistake by not starting reyna and then subbing out inebom for Reyna. Ur removing a midfielder for a striker when u can barely hold the ball. Stupid change. It should’ve been bair who made way. Lots of work to be done as we are still probably the worst team in the league to be completely honest.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In-Beom has been a complete failure thus far in his Caps tenure... not remotely worth a DP spot... him and Teibert in the middle puts more pressure than many of you realize on the back four, including the fullbacks... that said, Gutierrez was decent but ought to have been sent off for a clear 2nd yellow that would have put his team in significant trouble... gotta get that cleaned up.

You have to get off this bullshit about "just being on the bench because they have connections". They brought the best they have and that didn't include about half a dozen attacking options unavailable for various reasons. No MLS team could handle that kind of hit for any appreciable length of time. And you've yet to identify these wunderkinds that CCB ERRRRR Surrey Pegasus is hiding, so, again, shhhhhhh...

They still have significant warts, but Gutierrez-Godoy-Ranko-Bikel could have the makings of a decent back line... push Adnan up the park and now all of a sudden your other internationals aren't so fat and happy... it's one thing when your competition is Bair or Teibert; it's quite another when it's and Adnan or a Montero or a Milinkovic... internal competition is good, and if they could ever figure out a way to find a legitimate central midfielder (hello Atiba Huchinson) to play alongside Owusu (who I've quite liked so far), they might be ok. Dajome and Milinkovic both have some real class about them, and Cavallini with service should be good enough to cause some damage some of the time at the MLS level.

Not giving them the Supporters' Shield, but even someone as cynical as myself is starting to see the potential depth, versatility in positions and formations, and overall talent level being appreciably better than last season...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tiebert was his same old yesterday, bamboolzing announcers with all of his running. Enough already.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
In-Beom has been a complete failure thus far in his Caps tenure... not remotely worth a DP spot... him and Teibert in the middle puts more pressure than many of you realize on the back four, including the fullbacks... that said, Gutierrez was decent but ought to have been sent off for a clear 2nd yellow that would have put his team in significant trouble... gotta get that cleaned up.

You have to get off this bullshit about "just being on the bench because they have connections". They brought the best they have and that didn't include about half a dozen attacking options unavailable for various reasons. No MLS team could handle that kind of hit for any appreciable length of time. And you've yet to identify these wunderkinds that CCB ERRRRR Surrey Pegasus is hiding, so, again, shhhhhhh...

They still have significant warts, but Gutierrez-Godoy-Ranko-Bikel could have the makings of a decent back line... push Adnan up the park and now all of a sudden your other internationals aren't so fat and happy... it's one thing when your competition is Bair or Teibert; it's quite another when it's and Adnan or a Montero or a Milinkovic... internal competition is good, and if they could ever figure out a way to find a legitimate central midfielder (hello Atiba Huchinson) to play alongside Owusu (who I've quite liked so far), they might be ok. Dajome and Milinkovic both have some real class about them, and Cavallini with service should be good enough to cause some damage some of the time at the MLS level.

Not giving them the Supporters' Shield, but even someone as cynical as myself is starting to see the potential depth, versatility in positions and formations, and overall talent level being appreciably better than last season...
I know that the whitecaps have players missing dumbass what I said was that the bench players didn’t get put on because they’re trash and our ccb vmsl Team does have players that are better then them. The depth is better then last season. Maybe if ur drawing it up on paper yeah. But if matches were won on paper then there wouldn’t be any point of playing the game.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-7 of the players in vmsl prem are better then some of these whitecaps starters. Forget whitecaps bench players I’m talking starters baby.

I agree with you on this one, there are at least a handful of players on CCB and Rinos that are much better than the whitecaps bench players.

They are lacking creativity and the style that MDS is trying to play does not fit whitecaps. The game against Seattle they played with high press and possession in the offensive third, they lost possession so many times and left exposed at the back and that's how they got scored on.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Against Sporting it should have been 3:0 at least for them, if not for Whitecaps being very lucky. How can you be a professional goalie and taken seriously if you cannot kick the ball past half? Seriously!! Sorry but Inbeom is better than RT or that other CM they had playing, technically much better than both of those. He is the only one that actually tried going forward and pushed the ball up. But, yes they need a much better player in that position as well. Bair is useless. I have no idea what they see in him. Does not work hard, no aerial power, no explosion nor quickness. As for VMSL players I doubt any of them have what it takes. Otherwise they would not be playing VMSL but playing pro soccer somewhere in the world.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very few players can just run the center of the part all by themselves. You're talking Yaya Toure quality and lord knows that isn't coming to MLS anytime soon. Part of the problem is RT runs around like a pig on crack; playing off of him must be a nightmare at the best of times. That said, In-Beom should still be more productive than he has been.

Bair is up top because they love to play with one striker and he's the only one that made it to Orlando with the size to do so. I'm not aware of any smurf lone strikers that have ever been productive - but hey if I'm wrong someone please correct me. But yeah, Bair is part and parcel of what their development program has been producing...

As for the goalie, I care more about how many saves he makes than how far he can launch the ball up the park...

VMSL... six or seven... as much as I give the Whitecaps poor marks for their talent evaluation at the pro level, that's stretching things. Surely those players would be sniffing around for an open tryout with the Caps if they had any hope...

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
They need a true playmaker which they do not have.
Sure it is important for goalie to make saves. However if your team cannot play the ball out, which Whitecaps cannot, then it puts a lot of pressure on your team if the long ball does not even clear the half. The other team notices that, thus pushes way up and if they win the header or get possession they are already in the last third. Way too easy. I have been in those games where we say“cant kick, cant kick, move up. And straight back at them. I am just saying for a professional level that needs to be corrected or worked on for sure.
I dont care what the height is. Reyna is way better than Bair. Way better. Dont care if its 2 strikers, 1 striker,3 strikers, between these two its not even close. You cannot have Reyna on the bench and play Bair. For me I do not get that decision. Plus you are playing counter- but the lone forward is slow and afraid to take players one on one. To me it does not make sense.
Lots of players missing for sure. However, I have not been impressed with Whitecaps soccer. It looks more like grid and grind type of soccer. Hope I am wrong.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the lone striker set-up is too cute by half even with a talented thug up top, but especially when, as you point out, your talent lies with the smurfs you can't be running that formation. Even Freddy on his own up top is a fool's errand.

I realize it was a different time and level, but there's a reason why Catliff and Mobilio were so deadly together...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the lone striker set-up is too cute by half even with a talented thug up top, but especially when, as you point out, your talent lies with the smurfs you can't be running that formation. Even Freddy on his own up top is a fool's errand.

I realize it was a different time and level, but there's a reason why Catliff and Mobilio were so deadly together...

Funny, I was thinking of this watching that match....I don't see anyone on the Caps, much less on the field Sunday, that have a good arial game. Has the game changed that much? I kind of sour when the whole "VMSL vs. Caps" comparison comes up, but even think of Rob Reed, if you were marking him, and there was an aerial ball played in the box, you knew your chances were poor. There were plenty of local guys with great Arial games, can easily rattle of 10 now retired players. Is it just that I'm not catching it on TV, or has the value in a good aerial attack gone down that much? Bair is a monster, why the fcuk can't he play as a proper target man? Should be dominating in the box.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am actually glad he is moving as well. He is a good player but did not take a big step from year to year in improving his game. Furthermore, In that position you need a much better player who can control a midfield. I think its obvious we will be playing with 2 DM, and creating chances on counter, or getting something through set pieces.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup. Basically not at all the system of play MDS promised, but then, ownership will never approve the budget to do it.

is John Catliff still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts