Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
- the new guys can play

- they might have actually hit on a draft pick for the first time ever

- Cavallini's finishing fits right in

- Teibert was the best player on the park from 60 minutes onward

- I can't believe I just typed any of the above

I would say Parker was a draft pick hit, but yes their overall draft record is abysmal

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive away win! On paper the caps had no business winning that game. Glad to hear the new guys 'can play'. I'm telling ya, Raposo is a player!...looked real good in preseason.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
- the new guys can play

- they might have actually hit on a draft pick for the first time ever

- Cavallini's finishing fits right in

- Teibert was the best player on the park from 60 minutes onward

- I can't believe I just typed any of the above

I actually had to look to see who posted that. Double take! Watched 1st half but TBH was bombed, can't remember a thing but it was zeroes after 45 and Bikel (SP?) looked miles better than Jake. Jake is terrible.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....just watched the replay on the goal. I don't care who you are or what your opinion on Adnan is, nobody can deny that was a high class play he made. Good finish by Angry R, for sure, but what a set-up!

Also, always happy to be proven wrong, and possibly for a week Tiebert has proven a lot of people wrong.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if I was bored ala Bulljive, but it was an Ok performance.
The bottom line though is I was impressed with how the Caps started, how they meticulously played their patient game plan out, and how they worked their assess off for 90 minutes.
I think that's what impressed me the most.
Not pretty but I'll take it.

Adnan's play and pass to Ricketts, and his finish, were phenomenal.
Rusty's performance solid actually and smart on gamesmanship with him rolling around on the turf a couple of times like he'd been shot to slow things down.
The disappointment to me was Cavallini's PK at 90 minutes.
Absolute rubbish that tap down the gut like that.
Step up and smash it home man.
This was your time to show everyone who you are and set the stage for yourself but you pooped your fcuking pants.

They play with a decent effort like that all year I will be a fan win or lose.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raposo actually set up the first goal with a sneaky little pass to Adnan... no credit on the broadcast but it wasn't a simple ball he played...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Angry Ricketts worked very hard. Not the most skilled player but he works his tail off and presses high. Great game for him.

Bikel did a great job being thrown in last minute and no easy task on the right side.

Center Backs looked much better this week with Rose a calming influence.

Decent game overall not the prettiest soccer but a good road win for the caps. Some of the subs the caps put on the second half showed some promise.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish there was a way to watch a replay, I didn't PVR it. I keep hearing Raposo looked good, he slotted in on the right wing, no? Dájome subbed off at 69'? Besides being a strong runner, I haven't seen anything from Dájome yet that has me excited. Milinković, sure. In preseason, he looked good, and of course game 1 one of the few bright spots.

Being a draft pick, my automatic assumption about Raposo was, "Canadian, that's nice, but he'll be like every other pick." Is it possible they got this one right? What does everyone see that he does exceptionally well? So far I've heard he's tidy, good creativity, plays the game with his brain. Anything else?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was one game but Raposo did seem creative and seemed calm on the ball. He made some good passes and was comfortable pushing forward with the ball.

One game only so will see what he does going forward.

One "possible" issue I see with him is size and intensity as MLS still has many athletic type players who will run you down and the Galaxy are not that type of team so will see how he does when he gets pressed at a higher pace and with a more physical team. Technically he seemed comfortable. Will he be able to handle the speed against faster physical teams? Will have to see when he gets put in that spot.

Dajome had some moments I feel he will improve as the season goes on. Hasn't had the best start but I do see some potential. He is a different type player than Raposo so does give the caps flexibility.

Milinkovic (besides wearing Gloves in a game in Los Angeles) does help relieve the pressue when he gets the ball. I like that he gets it and drives forward, Does it always create a chance? No but he is good at driving at defenders and allows the caps to get the back line up to half instead of just a long hoof up the park.

In Beom made some real bad decisions last night and that needs to change quick.

Cavallini again not much service. The PK was horrible. Feel like once he pops a few he will settle in and that PK was a great chance for that and he blew it. The issue with him will be service and if he doesn't get it could be a long season. He isn't a player who is gonna come back and get the ball and dribble at guys.

Only two games so will be interesting to see what happens next but just some initial thoughts.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish there was a way to watch a replay, I didn't PVR it.
sign in with your tv provider account

Also will be available on DAZN after 48 hours I think

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs, will do.

The gloves, no kidding. Fcuk me. Wearing them in BC Place when the roof was closed is one thing. SoCal, even more ridiculous. Other than that, he seemed to be a problem child last year, but so far saying and doing everything right. I guess we'll wait until he has a tough patch and finds the pine for an extended period.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being a draft pick, my automatic assumption about Raposo was, "Canadian, that's nice, but he'll be like every other pick." Is it possible they got this one right? What does everyone see that he does exceptionally well? So far I've heard he's tidy, good creativity, plays the game with his brain. Anything else?

I recall him scoring a couple and being involved in another in preseason so I looked up his highlights. He has a really good attacking IQ. Wore the number 10 and plays like a 10. There is a lot of potential here imo if the Caps get behind this kid.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the complex is something like 8th and Heather... this will be interesting, more than a few judges are season ticket holders... I make no comment on what that says about their, er, judgement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts