Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MUFC "product", for the record ;)
I love how when a player goes pro every single club, team, academy or co-ed division they happen to play on or at suddenly starts tagging them as theirs for development. It's chronic on social media...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see your unbridled optimism and counter it with realistic pessimism:

Caps won again 2-1. Cavallini with another and Montero with a snipe. Sporting is a very beatable team in the home opener. Think I might just go check it out!

There will definitely be an improvement from last season. I'm thinking playoffs. Sounds crazy right? Haha

And how does Inter Miami get placed so high on that power index? :D

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love how when a player goes pro every single club, team, academy or co-ed division they happen to play on or at suddenly starts tagging them as theirs for development. It's chronic on social media...

there's a reason I used quotations...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sooooooo, did I watch a replay of a game from last season?

if there was a points system in the standings for passes across the backline, we’d be in first.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So many negative talking points, don’t know wheee to start. In fact, the only positive talking point is that Hurtado scores a cracker at 90+. I love a good message. This management team must be like, “WTF have we gotten ourselves into?”

Worse, zero semblance of a high press. Lots of big gaps all over the field. Wingers that were outpaced by defenders and defenders on our side who could not mark or win 50/50 challenges. In all likelihood our Keeper lead the squad in the second half in touches, we went back so often. This is just scratching the surface.

if De Santos isn’t over .500 after 5 matches he’ll lose his job, and maybe that’s best for all. fcuking one game and I’m calling for a change, but that was bad, seriously about 5 guys on the pitch not good enough. Not talking “MLS Players not playing well enough”, talking not good enough for MLS. Tiebert front and centre but both CBs, Adnan played like a guy that is above it all and can’t give a shite, and simply put I don’t think Nerwinski would make a good FVSL squad as a right back. That bad.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sooooooo, did I watch a replay of a game from last season?

if there was a points system in the standings for passes across the backline, we’d be in first.
It was that bad eh?

My senses kicked in and I decided to skip the game. Haha

I'm still hoping for better than last season's results but performing worse is almost impossible. :smuggrin:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was that bad eh?

My senses kicked in and I decided to skip the game. Haha

I'm still hoping for better than last season's results but performing worse is almost impossible. :smuggrin:

even with all the changes they looked, and played, exactly like last year.
Again, our forwards will have no service, and our Defense will watch a lot of goals get scored on them.

did Adnan not look lazy last night? Unless he was pushing forward for a scoring opportunity.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I posted here alluding to Adnan:

He is a cancer here... this club is shocking. Top down.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So many problems. The CB dude with the hair (Khimiri) went back to his goalie anytime he had pressure. Like 5 times in a row I counted. And that ball would be one timed long and wide to Ali. Like a set play of sorts. Was so strange. He had options to keep it and play across to his other CB but everytime he back passed it to our keeper.
Russ worked his ass off and does his job. Period. His job isn’t to create. Out of all 3 mids he was the best. Period. Reyna is soft and does nothing. Dribbles at a good pace. Cool. No presence on the pitch. In Beom is technically good. But he has a boy body and not strong enough on the ball. Lots of his passes were off.
reyna should have been off at the half.

but same old shite. let’s see if this winger will work out. Let’s buy a budget player and see. Like a rotating door of the same shite.
Cavallini needs a proper 10 in behind him. Montero could maybe take minutes there.
or once these new mids get going In beom can play the 10 roll perhaps. But I think he isn’t strong enough on the ball to truly play with the big boys of the league yet.

none of our CB’s can quarterback the play so that’s why we had In Beom and Russel go so deep to collect off them. But then Russel isn’t a quarterbacking mid either. We lack quality from those bottom central spots.
And seriously. Reyna? What does he bring? I’ve never been sold. Name a moment he created anything. He dribbles in to players. It’s terrible.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What game did you watch? Second goal Teibert is, as usual, way too deep and lets his man have a sitter from inside 20... telegraphs every pass such that even if it does complete the receiver has a guy all over him instantly.

Not sure what he was doing on the Hurtado goal; clinic on how not to jockey the eventual service provider.

There are a lot of other problems with the squad - still - but sooner or later you'd think they'd realize that the problem with every guy they put in the middle is that they have to lug around that useless home-grown "talent".

Fcuking shocking that anyone rates him. Comical.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don’t rate him. But he does more work and does his “job” more than the other two did. yes he dropped to far on the second goal. but before they even happens our winger let their player skip by him way to easy. No pressure on the set up man what so ever. Weak defending from our winger. The play breaks down way before tiebert.

their third goal, the guy does a maradona on him, and if he gets a foot in, could be a foul. He had support and kept him outside. What did you want him to do there?
I still rather have Hurtado off the bench then these yearly trailists. Build a fcuking team.

On a good team, Russ is a sub to close out games. He is a defensive minded midfield.
but comparing to all our other problems and holes we have he isn’t the issue. What did Reyna do? What did inbeom do? What did Dajome do?

Russel works his ass off. Has zero attitude and is the only consistent face this team has. He doesn’t choose to turn off and not defend. He will sprint full out to get back and doesn’t sulk out there. I rather have a hard working Canadian in there than these soft global kids coming in and out yearly.
Name one other mid that we have signed over the last 3 years that has given more?
Maybe Inbeom has potential.
Either way we are losing. So why hate on the one guy actually trying and running his bag off as we can’t keep possession? i rather lose with him beside me than Reyna any day.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posted somewhere else, but I figure they fielded 5 guys last night that are simply not MLS level, Tiebert included.

In worse to not as bad order:

Nerwinski
Conelius
Khmeri
Tiebert
Last night a tie between Adanan and InBoem. Both should be MLS or sometimes better than MLS level, last night pure shite. Adanan plaing like he doesn't give a fcuk. @Regs is right, cancer...and I was a champion of his last year.

Looking at this, it's the entire defensive core, and 2/3 of the spine. 5-6 guys they need to upgrade right fcuking ow just to get to MLS level. That is not depth, and I realize 3 are in there because they are depth, but fcuk me, terrible.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just watched the highlights.
RT didn't have the best game but he works hard. A few bad touches. A bit harsh to blame him for the goal as the Sporting player absolutely labeled it top shelf.

Cavallini should have done better with his chances but at least he's getting chances! We could be talking about a win if he put those away!

Nice moves from the new winger to set up the goal...how was the rest of his game?

I questioned our defence in preseason. Love him or hate him but Nerwinski is a starter on this team.

Adnan has skill and dedending is not one of them. Lol.
@LION you're right, all he has is the chop.
I didn't like his attitude from last season so safe to say he's the same this year. Does he ever have a huge fan following though! The comments on the caps FB page is Adnan crazy.

I didn't see Godoy or Raposo. Is Godoy injured? Raposo looked good in preseason.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Tiebert works his ass off, but if his job isn’t to create, maybe someone else should be coming back to get the ball from the back everytime then? If not, then let the backs keep it, he’s not helping the situation.
Maybe replace him with someone who is a creator, because there’s a huge disconnection between the mid and Defense which leads to zero service for forwards. Maybe that’s a mid problem, but not much works between them. That homerun long ball is not enough to pin a win on. The team as a whole creates nothing.

As for the “Maradona”, yes maybe he sticks a foot in and gets a foul, but I’d be happy, as would most fans, that someone stuck a foot in!!! It shows effort. Ended up a goal anyways.

Hurtados goal was easily stopped by any one of the 3 guys standing and watching him, making an effort, 1 was Adnan. Stood and pointed fingers, lazy getting back and marking.

In general we are soft defensively

even the header goal, not a single challenge after our initial header on the free kick.

Last edited:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we all at least agree that nothing has improved from last season? Yes, game 1 but still did not give anyone hopes for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts