Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 BC Provincial Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My gut feeling sends me towards ending this season at the start of next, finish cup and critical league and then kicking off 2020/21 season, whatever that may look like, starting in early October.

... as well as toward the chips.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My gut feeling sends me towards ending this season at the start of next, finish cup and critical league and then kicking off 2020/21 season, whatever that may look like, starting in early October.

... as well as toward the chips.
In my opinion it does not make any sense to finish 2019/20 season in September 2020 due to following reasons:

1) Most of the league games have been played so if the League is going to start preparing 2020/21 season then now is the time to conclude 2019/20 season. Use tie breaker rule to determine final standings and based on final standings promote and relegate teams so season 2020/21 can be properly planned otherwise there will not be time to plan it properly if season 2019/20 finishing interferes with season 2020/21 start.

2) League Cup is totally irrelevant in this situation so there is no need to finish that Cup at all.

3) Provincial A Cup is the only competition that may be worth exploring as an option but before regular 2020/21 season starts (so, if possible, let's play Provincial Cup in July and/or August, if possible, of course; if not, let's forget it since Nationals also may not be played at all). If PC would be played during summer months then it should be with reduced number of teams (the participants should be determined based on the League standings and the teams that were still in a League Cup before everything stopped).

Whatever is done, the sad fact is that season 2020/21 may not start this year at all; no one knows, it is a guessing game at this point so, far that reason, I think it is the best if the League concludes 2019/20 competitions now, puts that season behind, and starts planning next season which will start when it is possible.

No one developed a vaccine yet so that alone tells us that it is at least another 6 to 12 months of being extra careful which then means that it is hard to expect that any sport's competitions would resume any time soon. I hope I am wrong about this.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only reason KNVB wants to start again is because he thinks COVID-19 testing is required, that he’d need to administer it, and that testing involves sticking a finger up a bum.

He‘s a weird cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts