Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 BC Provincial Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant see it happening. Last week we were at 4000 confirmed cases and now we are at 18k confirmed cases. The worst part is that they dont test everyone so the spread could be happening without even knowing that you have it. We would be lucky if it resumes in time for September.

Here is an idea if soccer is back in September, first place team from each league and have it on Labour Long weekend and winner goes to Nationals.

Its just a thought its better than not having Nationals....

Not to be confrontational, but the spread MUST occur, it simply needs to be controlled. It’s a virus. By the end it’s estimated 70% of the planet will have had it. Flattening the curve is about pacing, giving the medical system a chance at being able to care for those that need it. I get it, you get it, and your kids get it, likely you will be able to self care and recover. Then you have the antibody in your system. Frankly, if it weren’t an issue with the immune deficient and elderly being extremely susceptible, it’d be best we all just damn we’ll get it, recover, and move on with life.

Like Dr. Henry says, stay calm, be kind, take care of yourself and loved ones and we will get through this.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You’re bang on Dude. Which I think is the problem with BC “leading” the way. If we open things up in 30-60 days (like soccer), there is a good chance numbers could explode here. We seem to be playing the extreme version of the long game in BC and don’t have enough people contracting it to protect the herd. At this pace we will have to keep it going for a long time or the second wave will be nasty.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah. Maybe. I’m kinda hoping that as widespread testing become more available and part of our strategy that it will show most of us will have already had it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bully, I also have a lot of friends who were very ill early in the year, before the COVID-19 symptoms were widely known. They swear they had it, checked all the boxes. Very healthy people who were brought to their knees for a week, one a triathlete friend of mine, the other a guy who I like to call Canada’s patient 0, because he does get sick all the time. Both recovered, and patient zero is back home in Ontario, and not hiding out. His Wife and kids are staying home, he’s not. He’s doing all the errands, getting to the office, etc. If he hasn’t contracted it since March, then 100% he had it in early Feb when he went to Florida and came home deathly ill. Point being, I would not be shocked if I had it and was a-symptomatic. Really, we just don’t know, so yeah, I’m in favour of documented wide-spread testing. I’d like to know real numbers. Saying that, I understand the realities and the need to play the long game because if we don’t we overwhelm the medical system, and people who would otherwise recover with medical aid and care will not.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to be confrontational, but the spread MUST occur, it simply needs to be controlled. It’s a virus. By the end it’s estimated 70% of the planet will have had it. Flattening the curve is about pacing, giving the medical system a chance at being able to care for those that need it. I get it, you get it, and your kids get it, likely you will be able to self care and recover. Then you have the antibody in your system. Frankly, if it weren’t an issue with the immune deficient and elderly being extremely susceptible, it’d be best we all just damn we’ll get it, recover, and move on with life.

Like Dr. Henry says, stay calm, be kind, take care of yourself and loved ones and we will get through this.

This only applies if you can’t get it once you’ve already had it which is something nobody knows yet.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adult Provincial Championships

Overall, the feedback received from participating Full Member Adult Leagues is very encouraging. Leagues are keen to maintain current Provincial Cup allocations and size. Prior to the suspension of soccer activity, Adult Leagues were close to completing their regular season play and league cup playdowns. While the majority of Adult Leagues stated that they could determine teams to fill their allotted Provincial Cup berths without completing their leagues’ matches, there was a preference to have time to either complete league matches, or, allow time for teams to train and regain fitness levels prior to BC Soccer Provincial Cup playdowns beginning.

If soccer were able to resume in May 2020, there was general support from Leagues to play over May Long weekend, which is usually provided as a “catch up” weekend, though it was acknowledged that all players may not be available.

There was not consensus on the latest possible start date for Adult Leagues (to ensure full participation in Provincial Cup) as answers range of June 1, 2020 to July 15, 2020.

Since the survey was conducted, BC Soccer has become aware that some local municipal park boards have already determined that fields/facilities in their areas will not open until the beginning of June, so even if soccer were to resume prior to this date, there would likely be challenges for some teams/leagues to find fields. Additionally, there may be restrictions on the number of people allowed for “group” gatherings, which would potentially affect the ability to have a match.

With all the above taken into consideration BC Soccer has determined:

• If at any point soccer activity resumes before, or by, June 1, 2020, BC Soccer will seek to host Adult Provincial Championships in all competition categories. A minimum of one week will be allotted for Adult Leagues to have any last league matches leading into the start of playdowns which would begin with Men’s B Cup round of 16 teams. Men’s B Cup preliminary matches would not take place. Based on this, the latest date to host Provincial Cup Finals would be the weekend of July 4 and 5, 2020.
  • If soccer activity were to resume at date between June 2, 2020 and by, June 15, 2020, BC Soccer will seek to host Adult Provincial Championships in all competition categories. Similarly, a minimum of one week will be allotted for Adult Leagues to have any last league matches leading into the start of playdowns; however, these would begin from a round of 8 teams (maximum) in all categories. Based on this, the latest date to host Provincial Cup Finals would be the weekend of July 11 and 12, 2020.
Over the coming months, BC Soccer will seek to evaluate the viability and/or explore options to host Provincial Championships in competitions that lead to national competitions (A Cup and Masters A Cup) should soccer activity not resume by June 15, 2020. Notably, Canada Soccer has advised that it will decide whether National Championships will proceed by June 30, 2020.

Is there a plan in place if soccer does not resume by June 15th for provincial cup or will the cup be voided? Also, what about the remainder of the season? There are so many uncertainties.

The way phases are scheduled it doesn't look that any physical contact will be allowed or any large gatherings until they find a vaccine.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ontario Soccer's cancellation of all activity is already extended through the end of June...

Locally, Nations Cup in July is cancelled.

I will be shocked if we end up with 2020 Provincials.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't bother. Even if they decide we can attempt to play I highly doubt we will have all players eager to start up. Especially young family's and those that have been off of work.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Utah, at the adult amateur level it makes zero sense to me. I get the issue with division winners/promotion relegation. Realistically non of this shite matters.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, it is way too early to be thinking of coming back. There are still people in the community who are getting sick and dying from the virus. That's a fact. In order to move forward we need to be safe and have a safe playing environment. Both for youth and all of the adult divisions. The worst thing you can have is to re-start and then all bunch of people get sick and then decide to shut it down again!!
Do not stress over Provincials, or maybe have them in mid Nov(4 team tourney)..1vml, 1fvsl, 1visl, 1 imperial cup winner or second place vmsl...that's it...
As for VMSL league, call it as it is. Majority of the league games have been played. Some teams could have won more points, some teams could have lost more points, but that's the way it is. Concentrate your efforts on Sept. and the beginning of the new season. Even by then we still might be in uncertain waters.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking about the whole insurance angle the other day and thinking... this isn't gonna fly without some changes in how policies are handled. Liability is going to be a huge issue, no?

I would think that it would be a liability problem for B.C Soccer for sure if someone got sick and god forbid died from it but then how do you trace it back to prove that it came from playing soccer?

The way things are going right now I am not even sure if we will have soccer in Sept. does anyone know if VMSL or FVSL have a plan in place if the closures continue? Lets say that the government allows soccer to resume in Jan.2021 would the leagues (VMSL and FVSL) have a full season starting in Jan, would they shorten the season or would they cancel the season? If they dont have anything planned it might a good time to do it now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man.....don’t envy all the volunteers that have to somehow navigate this. Hopefully all the leagues have a lawyer in their membership that can help navigate this. The leagues that employ administrators....money wel spent right now.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ball is starting to roll. Zoom meeting June 11 to discuss...

Return to Play
2020 Adult Provincial Cup Update
2021 Adult Provincial Cup
Player Registration Categories
Provincial Cup Qualifying Competitions

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully some rec stuff can start here soon With 300 cases a day in Ontario and Quebec being reported a day still, I cannot see them getting any kind of season in at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts