Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 BC Provincial Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m hearing TM is running point on this, getting daily updates from Trudeau. It’s at the forefront, getting this beer league back flowing. For the people. From what I’ve seen the valley should stay in their rooms and think about what they’ve done.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to go much deeper than expected. I bet even into summer months. For Canada and US its just a starting point. It is too bad people
cannot see how important it is to stay home. How hard can it be? Stay home and relax. Stop spreading the virus.
As for soccer it is a year like non other. Thus call the league as it is. Is it unfair?? Maybe. However, games have been played standings are as it is. All VMSL divisions are set. This year we do not have to have a Provincial Champ od a National Champ. Much bigger picture at stake then who will be a Provincial Champ. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Lets hope we start playing by September.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to go much deeper than expected. I bet even into summer months. For Canada and US its just a starting point. It is too bad people
cannot see how important it is to stay home. How hard can it be? Stay home and relax. Stop spreading the virus.
As for soccer it is a year like non other. Thus call the league as it is. Is it unfair?? Maybe. However, games have been played standings are as it is. All VMSL divisions are set. This year we do not have to have a Provincial Champ od a National Champ. Much bigger picture at stake then who will be a Provincial Champ. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Lets hope we start playing by September.

@knvb , what do you think of this? Kinda like being the invisible man, eh?

Another suggestion: September, a preseason tournament with the top two in each league. Simple. Labour Day weekend, make it an event at Swanguard. Could have two tables, each with one league representative, and top two meet in the finals. Winner crowned champion.

Back to Utah's suggestion...opportunity to align with everyone else, makes a shitload of sense. Total make-work project, but.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Literally the first time in ever I've ever seen words organized in that order.

Who are you trying to kid? Utah is a good looking guy. I'd probably have him top 20 (18/19) on the list of dudes I'd hook up with if I ever turn gay. You wouldn't even be top 50.

I've got your back, @utah .

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you trying to kid? Utah is a good looking guy. I'd probably have him top 20 (18/19) on the list of dudes I'd hook up with if I ever turn gay. You wouldn't even be top 50.

I've got your back, @utah .
I mean, hook up for a one night stand, sure, I can see that... but start a relationship with? Come on. Personality of a wet blanket.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well you'd better start thinking about it. If the COVID19 serum kills all the chicks, you will need a back-up plan.

#planahead

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another suggestion: September, a preseason tournament with the top two in each league. Simple. Labour Day weekend, make it an event at Swanguard. Could have two tables, each with one league representative, and top two meet in the finals. Winner crowned champion.

Not a bad idea but logistically it may be impossible with 2 top teams from each league.
VMSL, FVSL, VISL, BMS, and RASA so that would be 10 teams, 5 teams in each group, which means 4 games in a group for each team plus the final so 5 games.
It may be easier with 6 teams (2 teams from historically strongest league in Provincials and 1 team from other 4 leagues). Two groups with 3 teams means 2 games for each team in a group plus final game so total of 3 games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a bad idea but logistically it may be impossible with 2 top teams from each league.
VMSL, FVSL, VISL, BMS, and RASA so that would be 10 teams, 5 teams in each group, which means 4 games in a group for each team plus the final so 5 games.
It may be easier with 6 teams (2 teams from historically strongest league in Provincials and 1 team from other 4 leagues). Two groups with 3 teams means 2 games for each team in a group plus final game so total of 3 games.

The BMS and RASA don't sign A forms, so out. I'm just talking A Cup here, B Cup would have to be a casualty. It's nice, but doesn't really mean anything.

So, three leagues, two teams each, and all very good teams. It's dable and it'd be a blast.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This tournament idea is like the Yankees and Dodgers playing the Toledo Mudhens and Wichita Wingnuts for a spot in the World Series.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials should be played online through multi player on PS4 using Fifa 2020 with created rosters. You could even let @Ronaldo. 07 and azad join in. They could use Barcelona and not need to make any modifictions to the roster

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other spot? Wat am I missing? I feel like I'm missing a very cleverly concealed Regs pisstake. Fcuk, this is going to bug me.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BMS and RASA don't sign A forms, so out. I'm just talking A Cup here, B Cup would have to be a casualty. It's nice, but doesn't really mean anything. So, three leagues, two teams each, and all very good teams. It's dable and it'd be a blast.

My bad, you are correct, 3 leagues. I was also referring to A Cup only but forgot that BMS and RASA play only B Cup.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adult Provincial Championships

Overall, the feedback received from participating Full Member Adult Leagues is very encouraging. Leagues are keen to maintain current Provincial Cup allocations and size. Prior to the suspension of soccer activity, Adult Leagues were close to completing their regular season play and league cup playdowns. While the majority of Adult Leagues stated that they could determine teams to fill their allotted Provincial Cup berths without completing their leagues’ matches, there was a preference to have time to either complete league matches, or, allow time for teams to train and regain fitness levels prior to BC Soccer Provincial Cup playdowns beginning.

If soccer were able to resume in May 2020, there was general support from Leagues to play over May Long weekend, which is usually provided as a “catch up” weekend, though it was acknowledged that all players may not be available.

There was not consensus on the latest possible start date for Adult Leagues (to ensure full participation in Provincial Cup) as answers range of June 1, 2020 to July 15, 2020.

Since the survey was conducted, BC Soccer has become aware that some local municipal park boards have already determined that fields/facilities in their areas will not open until the beginning of June, so even if soccer were to resume prior to this date, there would likely be challenges for some teams/leagues to find fields. Additionally, there may be restrictions on the number of people allowed for “group” gatherings, which would potentially affect the ability to have a match.

With all the above taken into consideration BC Soccer has determined:

• If at any point soccer activity resumes before, or by, June 1, 2020, BC Soccer will seek to host Adult Provincial Championships in all competition categories. A minimum of one week will be allotted for Adult Leagues to have any last league matches leading into the start of playdowns which would begin with Men’s B Cup round of 16 teams. Men’s B Cup preliminary matches would not take place. Based on this, the latest date to host Provincial Cup Finals would be the weekend of July 4 and 5, 2020.
  • If soccer activity were to resume at date between June 2, 2020 and by, June 15, 2020, BC Soccer will seek to host Adult Provincial Championships in all competition categories. Similarly, a minimum of one week will be allotted for Adult Leagues to have any last league matches leading into the start of playdowns; however, these would begin from a round of 8 teams (maximum) in all categories. Based on this, the latest date to host Provincial Cup Finals would be the weekend of July 11 and 12, 2020.
Over the coming months, BC Soccer will seek to evaluate the viability and/or explore options to host Provincial Championships in competitions that lead to national competitions (A Cup and Masters A Cup) should soccer activity not resume by June 15, 2020. Notably, Canada Soccer has advised that it will decide whether National Championships will proceed by June 30, 2020.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you sleeping with to get this info before anyone else?

Update - Nevermind. Found it.

Last edited:

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant see it happening. Last week we were at 4000 confirmed cases and now we are at 18k confirmed cases. The worst part is that they dont test everyone so the spread could be happening without even knowing that you have it. We would be lucky if it resumes in time for September.

Here is an idea if soccer is back in September, first place team from each league and have it on Labour Long weekend and winner goes to Nationals.

Its just a thought its better than not having Nationals....

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
covid-19-cases.jpg

Maybe BC wins Nationals by default over the other provinces who will still be on lockdown?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am optimistic. BC is leading the country in bending the curve on COVID. This weekend will be key with great weather and religious celebrations. Hopefully people don't blow this for everyone by gathering and allowing the virus a chance to spread.

May is still basically two more 14 day incubation periods away. If we can keep this trend going it is not unrealistic to think we might have a chance to lift some restrictions. I am not talking about lifting the travel restrictions at the borders and airports, etc., but maybe we can go back to 100 people as the limit on gatherings. That should be enough to facilitate soccer.

The real trick will be getting CSA to lift the ban on sanctioned soccer in BC only if the rest of the country is still in the middle of their curves. I think it could be done though, but it would take some heavy lifting by the powers that be at BC Soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0