2020 BC Provincial Cups

bulljive

Est
Nov 19, 2003
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m hearing TM is running point on this, getting daily updates from Trudeau. It’s at the forefront, getting this beer league back flowing. For the people. From what I’ve seen the valley should stay in their rooms and think about what they’ve done.

• Haha
Reactions: dezza and Regs

robino

Est
Sep 24, 2006
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to go much deeper than expected. I bet even into summer months. For Canada and US its just a starting point. It is too bad people
cannot see how important it is to stay home. How hard can it be? Stay home and relax. Stop spreading the virus.
As for soccer it is a year like non other. Thus call the league as it is. Is it unfair?? Maybe. However, games have been played standings are as it is. All VMSL divisions are set. This year we do not have to have a Provincial Champ od a National Champ. Much bigger picture at stake then who will be a Provincial Champ. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Lets hope we start playing by September.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to go much deeper than expected. I bet even into summer months. For Canada and US its just a starting point. It is too bad people
cannot see how important it is to stay home. How hard can it be? Stay home and relax. Stop spreading the virus.
As for soccer it is a year like non other. Thus call the league as it is. Is it unfair?? Maybe. However, games have been played standings are as it is. All VMSL divisions are set. This year we do not have to have a Provincial Champ od a National Champ. Much bigger picture at stake then who will be a Provincial Champ. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Lets hope we start playing by September.
@knvb , what do you think of this? Kinda like being the invisible man, eh?

Another suggestion: September, a preseason tournament with the top two in each league. Simple. Labour Day weekend, make it an event at Swanguard. Could have two tables, each with one league representative, and top two meet in the finals. Winner crowned champion.

Back to Utah's suggestion...opportunity to align with everyone else, makes a shitload of sense. Total make-work project, but.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Literally the first time in ever I've ever seen words organized in that order.
Who are you trying to kid? Utah is a good looking guy. I'd probably have him top 20 (18/19) on the list of dudes I'd hook up with if I ever turn gay. You wouldn't even be top 50.

I've got your back, @utah .

knvb

Better Bastard
Est
Aug 17, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you trying to kid? Utah is a good looking guy. I'd probably have him top 20 (18/19) on the list of dudes I'd hook up with if I ever turn gay. You wouldn't even be top 50.

I've got your back, @utah .
I mean, hook up for a one night stand, sure, I can see that... but start a relationship with? Come on. Personality of a wet blanket.

• Haha
Reactions: canucklehead

FC Red Star

Est
Feb 14, 2011
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another suggestion: September, a preseason tournament with the top two in each league. Simple. Labour Day weekend, make it an event at Swanguard. Could have two tables, each with one league representative, and top two meet in the finals. Winner crowned champion.
Not a bad idea but logistically it may be impossible with 2 top teams from each league.
VMSL, FVSL, VISL, BMS, and RASA so that would be 10 teams, 5 teams in each group, which means 4 games in a group for each team plus the final so 5 games.
It may be easier with 6 teams (2 teams from historically strongest league in Provincials and 1 team from other 4 leagues). Two groups with 3 teams means 2 games for each team in a group plus final game so total of 3 games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a bad idea but logistically it may be impossible with 2 top teams from each league.
VMSL, FVSL, VISL, BMS, and RASA so that would be 10 teams, 5 teams in each group, which means 4 games in a group for each team plus the final so 5 games.
It may be easier with 6 teams (2 teams from historically strongest league in Provincials and 1 team from other 4 leagues). Two groups with 3 teams means 2 games for each team in a group plus final game so total of 3 games.
The BMS and RASA don't sign A forms, so out. I'm just talking A Cup here, B Cup would have to be a casualty. It's nice, but doesn't really mean anything.

So, three leagues, two teams each, and all very good teams. It's dable and it'd be a blast.

akslop

Est
Jun 28, 2011
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials should be played online through multi player on PS4 using Fifa 2020 with created rosters. You could even let @Ronaldo. 07 and azad join in. They could use Barcelona and not need to make any modifictions to the roster

FC Red Star

Est
Feb 14, 2011
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BMS and RASA don't sign A forms, so out. I'm just talking A Cup here, B Cup would have to be a casualty. It's nice, but doesn't really mean anything. So, three leagues, two teams each, and all very good teams. It's dable and it'd be a blast.
My bad, you are correct, 3 leagues. I was also referring to A Cup only but forgot that BMS and RASA play only B Cup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts