Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This club missed a golden opportunity to expand its market the past few years . All the Davies momentum wasted. Coaching was never the issue although it's clear this squad has tuned out MDS. Ownerships desire to run this on a money ball Oakland Athletic model clearly doesnt work and support for the club is diminishing with every result. This season is lost and next is now in doubt as well. If they want to salvage something then spend some money while the transfer window is open now and give your fans something or you might as well book swanguard for home fixtures next year.
[/ What player would what to play

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the powers that be now realize to fire Bob fcukin Duzzi.
This guy has rode the invisible wave long enough. shite player and even shittier in his current role. He better have nothing to do with the next rebuild.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Lewis is a massive issue too. Package deal both of them out. I hate to see people lose a job but if you can't do your job then they need to find someone who can

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New coach. Worse results. Or is it the saloon doors of players every fricken year. We have zero going forward. As I have said so many times. Too many small mini mites. What the fcuk is Reyna doing in a solo striker role at 150lb soaking wet. He can’t hold up a ball. He needs to be facing forward running at guys. Bair on the wing? What was going on??
MDS has lost the plot.
Also, if we didn’t have Davies the last year I think we would have been just as boring. But at least we had Kamara putting his body on the line up top for us.
So was it the coaching? Hahaha.

I don’t rate any of our guys. Not even Ali anymore. They just seem like they are here for the money and Vancity good life. No heart in it. Get rid of all the mini mites. Montero. Reyna. Venuto. Lass. All of them.

Montero was our stud signing? Who didn’t see he was passed it last time he was here. Such a joke.

I would take any of Robos teams ahead of this sorry ass squad any day. Any of them.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Lewis is a massive issue too. Package deal both of them out. I hate to see people lose a job but if you can't do your job then they need to find someone who can

that someone with zero soccer experience would be part a committee with a voice in player personnel decisions is just diabolical... but all five of them should have been canned years ago....

in any event, tonight's result is fcuking brilliant... nowhere to hide for ownership / management at this point... every single one of them are incompetent and should be shown the door... I hope Kerfoot takes a bath on this, would serve him right...

Last edited:

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New coach. Worse results. Or is it the saloon doors of players every fricken year. We have zero going forward. As I have said so many times. Too many small mini mites. What the fcuk is Reyna doing in a solo striker role at 150lb soaking wet. He can’t hold up a ball. He needs to be facing forward running at guys. Bair on the wing? What was going on??
MDS has lost the plot.
Also, if we didn’t have Davies the last year I think we would have been just as boring. But at least we had Kamara putting his body on the line up top for us.

I don’t rate any of our guys. Not even Ali anymore. They just seem like they are here for the money and Vancity good life. No heart in it. Get rid of all the mini mites. Montero. Reyna. Venuto. Lass. All of them.

Montero was our stud signing? Who didn’t see he was passed it last time he was here. Such a joke.

I would take any of Robos teams ahead of this sorry ass squad any day. Any of them.

MDS lost the plot?
Did he have a plot in the first place?
I've never seen such a shambles of a team at that level & I'm a Newcastle supporter ffs.
There is no method, or system in place to create scoring chances.
The players are lazy & walk around most of the game.
It's tip-tap around their own half, then launch a missile over the top for a forward to chase after, no different than when Robbo was coach.
Ali is a "wannabe winger", who gets forward, then walks, or jogs back, never tracking his player back.
He's a poor defender, like the rest of the team, as they never get tight enough, when closing down to be any threat to the opposition.
Their "Set Plays" are laughable.
He's got his Brother as an Assistant, how can a club allow that?
They don't look fit, as they keep giving late goals away.
MDS signed & released the players, he's responsible for this mess.
He should be fired, if he will not resign, as any credible coach would do, after such a shambles of a season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol Whitecaps

That is all...

That's about it. Only passing grade is the kid, Bair, who'd have a tough time in the FVSL Premier, and probably not win a spot at all on a VMSL Premier squad.

Everyone else, from players, coaches, obviously ownership and management...wow. How do you not wake up so utterly embarrassed w/ yourself today. I mean, if this were EPL, this squad would be on route to securing relegation 1/2 way through the season!

What would it be like to go to training today?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MDS has lost the plot.

Yeah, I'm there now, too. Shambles.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you remember the hype preseason? 1040 wouldn’t shut up about the new look Caps, the new coach and how exciting the team looked. I was thinking the complete opposite,who are these guys and what squad changes 15 guys successfully. The good news is Bobaduzzi will sort this out in the off-season. Bring in a fresh 15.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you remember the hype preseason? 1040 wouldn’t shut up about the new look Caps, the new coach and how exciting the team looked. I was thinking the complete opposite,who are these guys and what squad changes 15 guys successfully. The good news is Bobaduzzi will sort this out in the off-season. Bring in a fresh 15.

Let's have some fun then. Here are my caps based on other MLS players and comes just a tad higher in overall team budget the Whitecaps have now. MLS transfers are relatively small or players get traded with money so we definitely had the funds to pursue players in MLS...right?

Anyways, MDS can high press with these guys! Screenshot_20190724-225353_LINEUP11.jpgScreenshot_20190724-225337_LINEUP11.jpg

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw Robbo today at the Earls test kitchen downtown during lunch... came in to meet someone, and looked like he hadn't a care in the world... guess I wouldn't either if my reputation was rocketing upward with every new Caps implosion...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe MDS is too hard on the players? Maybe he's a good coach but a poor manager?
New England had a similar situation when Friedel took over. He was militant and froze out players who he deemed weren't working hard enough. Some players respond to this type of manager, some don't. Friedel's record with New England was terrible. Arena comes in and they're undefeated in 8(6w,2d). I guess the difference between them and the Caps is they have always had the talent on their roster but were underperforming. Can't say the same with us.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw Robbo today at the Earls test kitchen downtown during lunch... came in to meet someone, and looked like he hadn't a care in the world... guess I wouldn't either if my reputation was rocketing upward with every new Caps implosion...

Boy does it ever look good on him right now. The optics are he has the same constraints as MDS, but made chicken salad of chicken shite.

Reality is (and I'm not an MDS apologist, not on this anyways) that Robo did have it easier. When he came on, the Caps were actually in the top 3rd of clubs in spending, and he had Alphonso. Then he had his clubhouse implode simultaneously to his staff not being renewed. MDS had to deal with a clubhouse that imploded, and a budget that was not commiserate to the top 3rd in league spending. Never mind the rest of the club crisis, Women's fiasco the biggest distraction. MDS has has a mountain to climb compared to Robo, then he went and made some of his own eff-ups...not re-signing Kama the biggest IMO. Kamara would have been an easy choice for Captain and found a way to bang in 10 open play goals by now.

Anyways, still can't stand Robo and his shite sweaters.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Venuto has been released.
One less mini to choose from up top.
Average height just went up to 5’8” and a half!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts