Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's a tougher finish than it looks on tv...
Maybe, but that’s what we pay him to do, and he didn’t. In fact he didn’t even get his front foot on it. Shouldn’t be that difficult for a guy who’s job is to play soccer and score goals. Or At least get the ball on net?

Just seems we give other teams 1 chance and it’s in the back of the net, but we can’t seem to do the same. Year after year

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe, but that’s what we pay him to do, and he didn’t. In fact he didn’t even get his front foot on it. Shouldn’t be that difficult for a guy who’s job is to play soccer and score goals. Or At least get the ball on net?

Just seems we give other teams 1 chance and it’s in the back of the net, but we can’t seem to do the same. Year after year

he's on young DP money, not Giovinco money.... u get what u pay for...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
he's on young DP money, not Giovinco money.... u get what u pay for...

Yes.

That said, he's now had plenty of opportunities to finish and he hasn't. I agree with the sentiment of getting what you pay for, though, and damn I wish the Caps would just pay for that, bloody hell, they have the Davies money, spend it!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
noticed something on the disallowed Lass B. goal... just before Montero chipped the ball in, he looked off a wide open In-beom… I thought it the wrong decision... so did In-beom, who through a mini tantrum as play went on... the goal goes in, and In-Beom turns to Montero and continues to admonish him, as the rest of the team celebrates the goal...

that's the type of reaction that can do nasty things to team chemistry, especially a team not particularly accustomed to winning...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought In-boem had another lackluster game. Didn't have the hustle or touch tonight. I didn't see the incident tho.

Montero with a goal and assist but also caused both fouls for the Colorado PKs. Lol

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can get Welbs on a free, just pay his wages with the Davies money ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190506-121349_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190506-121349_Facebook.jpg
    884.7 KB · Views: 18

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This must have been our worst performance of the season. Atlanta weren't that much better(in the first half anyways) but just played on Sunday at home and then travelled here.
Venuto and Lass are downgrades from previous seasons. Venuto has a lot of energy and gets in good places...sucks at passing and decision making. Dreadful really. Techera is better than both imo. We boast the league's second most futile offence with 11 goals just above Whitecaps B(Cincinnati...Koch,Waston,manneh,Mattocks) lol.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did not enjoy that game at all other than the three save sequence from the Cap's keeper. That had to be the most un-dynamic midfield performance ever. They did not have a clue how to initiate any type of attack. BORING!!!!!!!!!!

Fullbacks very seldom over-loaded and advanced up the field. Caps seldom had numbers around the ball in the attacking areas. Montero a lone entity and being provided with poor service into areas that gave the advantage to the Atlanta defenders. I would call it stupid football. Very stupid.

And the atmosphere sucked in that stadium given the poor attendance and the poor play.

A negative post to reflect a negative night.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gritty performance on the weekend. Cornelius with a beauty to steal a point considering the travel and having played on Wednesday.

About a dozen games in and I don't see the high pressure tactics MDS promised but he's got the defensive end dialed in. Having said that it looked like Henry pulled a hammy, and with all three subs having already been made, we played a man short for the rest of the game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what that may do, if any, to his value on the open market? Could the Caps leverage this to buy him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts