Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erice has shown me more in two games than Teibert has in his entire Whitecap "career"... to each their own, but for me, the former is in a different footballing class...

In reality, the gap is way less once you remove your RT Hate Blinders. I see them as very different, and honestly, I wouldn't want RT in the HM position going forward anyhow. Frankly, I see him as back-up for Hwang in the style of play MDS is pushing, being a box-to-box guy, always in support, and finding the open player. Not nearly technically gifted as Hwang, obviously. Filipe has lost me and I have him behind RT on the pecking order. Long season, there are a lot of matches to play and we'll see how it plays out.

"Harvey sucked, Beitashour wanted big dough, Parker wanted more dough than Waston was getting and heavens they couldn't do that because Waston might ask out, and Waston asked out anyway.

There, all caught up."
I liked Harvey's personality and energy in the squad (I assume he was great in the room, too), but for the few offensive chances he helped generate, he left us far too exposed on the left far too often. I found when Marcel de Jong took the spot, he actually brought a lot more stability to the left. Beita was way more stable, not sure you can justify paying an outside back that kind of money if he's not consistently chipping offensively, and defensively sound. Maybe the new guy on loan can pull that off. Seems to have a mean left foot for free kicks. Parker, IMO, was a big loss. Waston, IMO, not so much. Already like Godoy may more.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New guy on loan... until June? What's the fcuking point other than to spend the Davies money unwisely?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harvey sucked, Beitashour wanted big dough, Parker wanted more dough than Waston was getting and heavens they couldn't do that because Waston might ask out, and Waston asked out anyway.

There, all caught up.
Beitashour and Harvey are starting wing backs right now for LAFC.
One of the more exciting teams to watch in MLS.
Harvey is on $150k and he'd be in and out of the starting line up for me.
Beitashourour is on $300k. That's too much?
Parker was on $150k..that seems low.
Waston was on $600k but worth it for most of his career here. Last season he was more exposed without Parker but I'd more than welcome that duo here today.

Look, @LION has a point. How do you connect with the team when it gets rid of almost all of its players who the fans come to enjoy?..and only to see them have success(to varying degrees) else where?

A few of us here have written off the caps last year and previous years due to frustration with signings, coach etc.
I'll be in the same boat this year if they've squandered the Davies money on the same old game plan(buy b-rated players) and we don't make the playoffs.

@Regs, made it's a loan with an option to buy??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankly, I'm amazed I can't un-latch from them, support wise. Really, they have done nothing to really earn my support except exist, and with stuff like Blondell, the residency kids, and Ciara McCormack allegations...really makes it hard to love the Caps. Never mind the constant shopping in the tonnie aisle approach.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parker was a massive loss. How they let that happen is so strange.

Yes flipping the entire midfield and strikers year over year isn’t working. These C+ signings are not so special. I’m still not sold on Reyna. Not consistent enough game to game. Another Mighty Mouse type.

I don’t think footballers need to be giants. But just have some presence. Giovinco was smaller player in the league but he still got on the ball tons and did his job. Montero is a ghost most matches. Fox in the box, that’s really it.

I’m more excited for CPL these days. And I don’t think the level of play from the caps to Pacific FC will be much different. I could see Pacific FC beating the caps.

I’d rather see Marcus Haber up top instead of Montero any day.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am saying Caps top line-up would destroy PFC, yes.

Also saying Habber isn't anywhere close to the quality of striker Monterro is. Big he is big.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to see more PFC matches this year than Caps. Should be easy as I am not planning on seeing one Caps game. I also hope to find a new squad to support. But...the quality expected is not even USL I think. Maybe, but not really....

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry just need to be patient and the caps will have some size /strength on the team once home grown player Simon Colyn starts getting minutes with the first team.

At 5 foot 7 and 145 the future looks bright. No way Kendall Watson will go into a 50/50 ball with Mr.Colyn.

Then throw in Baldisimo at 5 foot6 and a lean 160 pounds and this team will be striking fear into the likes of Parker and Watson in no time.

Patience is key....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d take Parker without Waston any day. I would not take Waston without Parker....totally exposed.

@mtkb any thoughts on in-beom now that he’s played a couple games?

I thought Hwang was very good this past weekend... the pass he put through for Rose - not a lot of guys can both see that and then place it just so... that was class, I thought, and overall I was favourably impressed with his outing.

Parker was on 150k but had demanded a new deal north of what Waston had just re-signed for.. they got themselves into trouble by, wait for it, a lack of forward thinking...

RT blinders, fine, guilty. I still see in Erice an ability to hold, disrupt and distribute, as distinct from RT who manages to runs around the a meth-head, occasionally disrupts and rarely distributes - unless pass-backs count...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well caps lose again. Montero gets one touch all game and it was the PK. Some limo emend and passing was decent. Defence was terrible. But on another note and something people actually care about.....Davies with his first for Bayern. https://twitter.com/farhandevji

I tuned in just as Lass blew down the left side of the field and cut inside for his goal. An exceptional run and finish! There was a period after that for about 10mins where the Caps had the momentum and it just felt like we'd score another and take the lead but Houston held firm. You're right though, our defence is terrible!

Nice goal for Davies!!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn’t watch this last one. Just the highlights.
By the sounds of it I didn’t miss much.
How long until the faithful are over the Montero As a sole striker project...
How many chances even? I believe he has had 1-2 chances in total in 3 matches.

Again. We need to spend some Davies money here.
I can see this team going 0-5 or so to start the year.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the game tonight (including the first few games this season) and this must be the worst whitecaps team of all time. This team has nothing. With this roster they will have a hard time winning total of 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts