Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who? What? Anything to do with legal stuff - no real names cause I have no time anymore :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares.

This: https://ciaramccormack.com/2019/02/...ants-to-listen-to-but-everyone-needs-to-hear/

...and this:

Horrifying. @Regs : what is your policy here so far as "Coach Billy"? Can we just use his real name?

And Jesus, another Caps player accused of sexual assault. WTF is going on w/ this organization? About time the local media takes these stories seriously and runs with them.

OK, I just read this after seeing @dezza post elsewhere... @Dude Coach Billy has been named and this has been discussed kinda previously on here so no problem maybe continuing in the other thread.

Thanks.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...Blondell...apparently arrested for sexual assault...anyone know exactly what happened?

On the one hand, the odds of this happening in Vancouver and not one member of the criminal bar asking me what I thought of it are pretty remote. There are scant few criminal lawyers involved in the soccer scene here in Vancouver; I've obviously been one of them. The bar is tight-knit and gossipy...

Having said that... one of the WFC owners has a good friend who is a top shelf criminal etc lawyer... sometimes, if you have the right representation, these things get knifed before ever getting to the charging stage, which often keeps any information from leaking out... rightly or wrongly, that's how that works... could this lawyer have pulled that off for Blondell and the Caps? Absolutely...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jon Erice WTF.

Guy turns slower than the titanic. 0 effort to track on the 2nd Minny goal, and caught in possession at the top of his own box for the 3rd.

MDS set the team up to play everything through him, but on the evidence we've seen so far he's nowhere close to being up to the task. Hopefully MDS is smart enough to recognize his mistake and correct it before the hole is too deep to dig out of.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn’t watch it. Just watched the highlights. Didn’t hear Reynas or Monteros name once in it.
Did Montero get on the ball this match?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Montero had very little service.

Reyna was probably the best player in a caps jersey today.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Erice was the best Cap by a mile. He had a bad turnover on the third goal, but he did a ton of important work in the middle of the park. God knows Felipe and Hwang aren't gonna do it, if today was any indication.

One striker Montero and he's starved for service. Almost like he's miscast in that role.

At least MDS has already figured out they're better off with RT in street clothes.

If not for the fact that Adrian Heath apparently didn't work on set piece marking at all this off-season, it's an easy win for the Loons...

Gonna be a long season...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Nerwinski was our best player even though he lost his head,again, by fouling for the equalizing pk.

Erice didn't really make an impact positively or negatively imo. Maybe that's a good thing(?)

Hwang isn't match sharp and gave away the ball too many times.

Bangoura made some really nice runs, flicks and dribbles. He was fun to watch.

Henry as our starting central defender is scary.

And finally, we looked disjointed. Like a team that has never played together before. Oh wait, that's exactly what we are. A shitty preseason ended up in a season opening loss. Don't let the score fool you if you didn't watch the game. We could have lost by a lot more and we created dick all for scoring opportunities.

We play Real and Houston next which should be winnable games but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose both.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn’t get to see any of the game but sounds like new season, new team, same results.

Lack of finishing and soft defensively on goals

Last edited:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it a surprise Montero didn’t get the ball much? If we don’t have dominant possession he’s not much use. It’s not like the centre backs can ping a ball into him and he’s going to hold off a big centre back. Not my kind of striker for the MLS. He will score some goals and look great in some games but we need a different kind of forward for games that are scrappy.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
or, you know, put a second striker up there for him to play off of, and maximize the abilities of your meal-ticket...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Ardaiz or whatever his name is fits the bill physically and positionally, but that's not the point I was trying to make...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jon Erice WTF.

Guy turns slower than the titanic. 0 effort to track on the 2nd Minny goal, and caught in possession at the top of his own box for the 3rd.

MDS set the team up to play everything through him, but on the evidence we've seen so far he's nowhere close to being up to the task. Hopefully MDS is smart enough to recognize his mistake and correct it before the hole is too deep to dig out of.

The writers at MLS.com tend to agree with you..
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
It’s only Week 1, but it’s clearly a Marc Dos Santos team. The ‘Caps were well organized, with clear roles and tight defensive lines. That’s always Phase 1 of an MDS team. The other phases of play will come next. One potential point of improvement: the ‘Caps stayed in a middle block and didn’t get much pressure on the ball before midfield; that’s fine, except the defensive midfielder in the 4-1-4-1, Jon Erice, couldn’t cover enough ground to block open lanes. The midfield needs to move its line of pressure up a few yards, or Dos Santos needs to consider someone with quicker lateral movement in the No. 6 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts