Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How long is he going to last? The longest tenure he had was three years with Montreal Impact (2009-2011). Every other job he had was for a very short period of time.

upload_2018-11-7_9-0-22.png

In my opinion Whitecaps need a well known and experienced coach but that one would certainly request a complete change of the front office (which may never happen here in Vancouver). The number of players and coaching staff that went through Whitecaps looks like a train station - players and coaches come and go (but the front office is forever).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this coincide with a FO succession plan? Bobbo has to go, and they need a real superboss. Other stuff:

~Waston has to go, but can't say I'm 100% against his stance. Supporters turned on him, apparently he received some threats from the fan base ( @GoF , I heard this on your show as a rumor, did I hear it right?). Players are human, and humans are emotional. One thing we all love about Waston is he plays on emotion, and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Yes, that has plagued him at times, but over the past two years much less, even in this tirefire of a year. He has to move on, cause the bridge is burned, but I don't necessarily blame him.
~RT: not sure I loved how much he revealed at the presser and puffed out his chest. In fact, a lot of it I don't like. Personal clashes or not, show true leadership by saying something like, "Things weren't great this year, and I'm looking forward to a fresh slate and new beginnings, and moving on from it." Nothing else. Future teammates want to know their brethren will have their backs, and no matter what a great guy RT may be, the presser and his revelations were a breach of trust of the sanctity of a locker room. I think MDS should be looking to move him while his on-field value is as high as it may ever be. Again, burned bridges, clean slate.
~I want a competent FO in the way of a proper scouting department, and proper director of player personnel. I don't care about Rachel, she runs the financial department, but never really understood how Greg Anderson has kept his job, and as stated, Bobby's time has run out. At the very least, the FO should include someone that may be able to be moved into Bob's position, and allow Bob to gracefully resign. I don't know who is the answer there, but I think of how Paul Barber was run out of town, and in hindsight the club has been on a treadmill ever since, with the only reral prize of Alphonso Davies to show. The presser at the time read, "During his tenure as CEO, Barber was the senior operating executive liaison with the club’s ownership group and Major League Soccer. Moving forward, these responsibilities will be assumed by chief operating officer Rachel Lewis and Vancouver Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi." That's damning. The club now has funds to do a hard re-set. I think MDS is only one critical of three critical components they need to address.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, I think MDS and his mandate is obvious: come here 3-5 years, win championships, develop and sell on HG talent, build his resume, and continue his assent up the ladder in the global game. That's just fine w/ me, we aren't the EPL. We just need that superboss overseeing him so that when the inevitable happens, the transition is smooth and seamless to the next manager.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, while Whitecaps obviously have problems to deal with, one of the owners (basketball legend Steve Nash) has a gig as a studio analyst with TNT. He provides analysis of Champions' League games (yes, soccer) and does a very, very good job.

We all know how much Steve loves soccer and that soccer is actually his passion. Imagine having him at the helm of Whitecaps soccer club. Nash as the President would be probably the best marketing move for the Whitecaps, he has a lot of connections in soccer world and could attract not only an experienced coach/manager but numerous players from Europe.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugh, that kinds sounds a lot like bringing Linden back to run the 'Nucks. Not the same, I understand, but for whatever reason, as good as an idea that may be, it's leaves me a bit...uneasy. Don't know why.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I kind of thought the same about Barber initially, but, part of me thinks now he went when he saw a better thing back home.
I'm not sure he got run out of town vs. him running out of town - You know?
He went from here to Brighton and now he's the CEO of a PL team?
In hindsight, what way would you go?

I think Nash can transcend a sporting border on what he's known from basketball to football.
Ralph Krueger is a perfect case in point there.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nash doesn't need to be the "President." He just needs to be present.

And I don't mean him mucking into a practice session with the first team.

He needs to be the behind the scenes guy who flies to Europe to make the pitch to the big stars to come play here.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overall RT isn't good enough for anything beyond a depth fill in anyway; for a player like that to be airing the dirty laundry is just comical. Of course, when you're treated like the exalted one by management...

The committee needs to go. All of them. It's about sending a message to the fans that ownership understands what they're doing isn't working. Only way you send that message is to completely gut that group. Otherwise, they'll need about a single staffer to handle season ticket renewals...

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be awesome if Steve Nash or any owner took a bit more of an active role. I found it surprising that Kerfoot actually announced the coaching hire.
You see Drew Carey on the sidelines in Seattle, leading their marches to the field... When we played LAFC Will Ferrell was leading the supporter section. Maybe its corny, but at least there is some sort of engagement with their fan base.
url

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
they announced it online at 6:30 a.m. in the morning, with a presser to come at 10:00 a.m....

anyone else find that just bizarre?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pfftttt. Caps best sporting atmosphere in Van City, don't you forget that.

Boundary Road, put me to sleep you fat bastard.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atlanta’s stadium doesn’t feel intimate to me, I’d suggest putting a big ribbon on the upper deck. Sets the mood. Settle in and watch Tiebert and Hurtado play Tiki Taka football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts