Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Est
Jun 28, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they need to drop in a "big name".

Or bring back Koffie, I would get on board again for that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Letting go of Koffie was a huge misread. That was when the slope started pointing downhill, results wise.

They need to drop in at least one known, productive big name.

Mostly, they need to change the culture, in a big, meaningful way. Maybe this year was a start to that end. I literally checked out on them in July. Stopped watching, stopped caring. I'm a lifelong supporter, and don't support any other club, here or overseas. When you lose people like me, it's a big, big problem.

Reactions: Gurps and Regs

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank God that absolute travesty of a season is over... time to drop an atomic bomb on management - adult and youth - and start over...

I agree with most of this, except I have a good feeling about Do Santos. I think he needs to be sole survivor and shape the club in his image.

For the youth...I like Craig and Scott a lot. Craig was a good academy coach for my son before he left the game, and Scott was really good for the Surrey United Girl's program I was a part of. I know he id smart because he's a full supporter of Ice Cream Psychology. That being said, too many very negative occurrences have happened under Craig's watch. If a culture change has to occur at the top, the sense of entitlement that has been pervasive in the club at the youth level needs to stop right fcuking now. These kids need to understand what a privileged it is to be selected, and that the real hard work starts the minute they put on the colors. Not sure that is the atmosphere in the clubhouse.

Congrats to the TTPers boys who've been selected. @sid, you said your kid had a head for the game years ago, and now he's proven it. If Thomo's kid is anywhere as good as his old man, look out. @Soccer Coach, you are a dick, but you are a dick who can teach the game. May not be able to kick a ball if your life depends on it, but obviously a good teacher. Congrats.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting to see what the caps do in the off season to try to get the fans back in seats.
They lots thousands of fans and regulars this season. Another off season half team over haul?
Again, hard to create a fan base when the team flips over every year with no true big name talent to watch. You guys think the ownership will make a true splash? Or more of the same?
Sadly I think more of the same.

STD

Est
May 23, 2003
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koffie one was difficult because he wanted to try Europe so they dealt him before he left to try get something for him. The fact that you couldn't replace him is the real problem.

Anyway like Dude I have completely checked out on the Caps but unlike Dude I wasn't a cheap cnut and I was a season ticket holder for seven years so they notice I'm gone.

• Haha
Reactions: akslop and dezza

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koffie one was difficult because he wanted to try Europe so they dealt him before he left to try get something for him. The fact that you couldn't replace him is the real problem.

Anyway like Dude I have completely checked out on the Caps but unlike Dude I wasn't a cheap cnut and I was a season ticket holder for seven years so they notice I'm gone.
I like the term "Selective".

It's one of the problems with living in the greatest town on the planet, I don't want to drive 2 hours to see a shitty footy match when I can play all day and hit the PVR in the evening. With a bar-b-q going on simultaneously in the backyard. And friends over.

But, I do make most Wednesday matches, scarce as they are. Get good, and maybe I'll sacrifice the odd Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Est
Jun 28, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL

He also mentioned he would be open to Seattle, Portland, San Jose, Dallas, Toronto, Montreal, New England, Minnesota, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Utah, Houston, Orlando, Philadelphia, Colorado, Kansas, Ohio, Austin, or Nashville.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
LoL, awesome.

Yep, the problem with the Cap’s is perception is reality. Word has gotten out they are cheap and treat players like shite on the way out. Also, MLS has the worst travel....and the Caps never charter. Or spring for business class.

Rangerforever

Better Bastard
Est
Sep 5, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think that - Yes.

I'l admit maybe not a huge difference I guess, but I'd definitely rate it #4 out of those.
And those three organizations have way more to offer despite their artificial pitches.
I did use the word 'also' in addition to the Caps travel, etc.
I'm not implying its the sole reason but a guy like Giroud is not going to play on that fcuking shite pitch every second game.

mtkb

Est
Feb 1, 2011
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with most of this, except I have a good feeling about Do Santos. I think he needs to be sole survivor and shape the club in his image.

For the youth...I like Craig and Scott a lot. Craig was a good academy coach for my son before he left the game, and Scott was really good for the Surrey United Girl's program I was a part of. I know he id smart because he's a full supporter of Ice Cream Psychology. That being said, too many very negative occurrences have happened under Craig's watch. If a culture change has to occur at the top, the sense of entitlement that has been pervasive in the club at the youth level needs to stop right fcuking now. These kids need to understand what a privileged it is to be selected, and that the real hard work starts the minute they put on the colors. Not sure that is the atmosphere in the clubhouse.
It's not about the individual people. Bart's been gone for a while now. Craig's been in for a while. People come and go. The results never change and they graduate exactly zero talent to help the first team. There's something structurally wrong there, and hopefully whoever they hires as a sporting director takes a good hard look at that as well as the first team itself...

Reactions: Jigsaw