Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The question I find myself asking is could this Whitecaps team beat the original MLS expansion Whitecaps?

It feels like that is where this group is at; an expansion team made up of different bits and pieces from all over the league/wherever. No connection to each other. No connection to the market. Will they find their identity eventually? Maybe. However, the big difference is they are not an expansion team and, therefore, there is not the buzz in the marketplace that a new team generates automatically along with the tolerance of poor results that inevitably comes with the territory.

FO needs to go. That is on ownership though and we shall see if the various stakeholders (Southsiders, etc.) begin to turn up the heat on Kerfoot et al to make those changes.

I would be keen to see the attendance/season ticket base numbers year over year as I have to think they are in decline. A few years back there was talk of potentially having to open up the upper deck based on fan demand. No, I don't think even the Seattle game sold out.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. He needs a season, maybe two to truly see what he can do.

You are obviously still a small bit buthurt about me accusing you of being a card carrying member of the coaching fraternity, those who believe even the most incompetent of professional coaches should not be fired because it's really all about the players.

Well, the last guys proved to be completely incompetent of not only running a bench effectively, but also of controlling his own room. Let me ask YOU, would you have kept Robo on? because besides Luke Wildman, you'd be the only one in Canada truly believing he deserved to stay on.

With what I know now, sure. It was time for Robo to go. But he was dealing with players that the budget he had brought in.
He didn’t seem like he had the room disciplined. But he was getting better results than we currently have right?

What I am trying to say, is we can bring a top coach in from anywhere in the world, and it won’t change. Montero wont just turn on and start creating and scoring. We again, are hoping that these signed guys turn out to be something. Throwing pasta against the wall to see if it sticks. Again. And again.

I have zero connection to this team, other then RT. Like canucks Forever said, it feels like an expansion team. With these 2nd and 3rd string euros and latinos coming in.

Of course I rather see local footballers get a chance vs a guy who clearly doesn’t have a heart beat for this club and city. Who is going to be here for a year or max two and move on. So sick of the revolving door of latinos that simply don’t seem to care about the club.

I’ve seen this same old story multiple years now. And everything is pointing at ownership.
Not the coaches. You need the players to win the matches on the pitch.

Watch, Reyna will be gone after this season. So will many others. It’s a revolving door of these guys and I’m just so over it. (I don’t rate Reyna all that highly anyways)

I’m telling you. Last years team with Robo, would beat this years squad. Guys get all excited for players they never heard of! It’s nuts.

MDS could be floating in the pre game talk as the second coming of Jesus, and it’s not going to change. We DO NOT have any really high end players. Name one?
One high end player that would make the all star team hands down.

We sign a bunch of c+ guys hoping and praying we find squeeze some B+ players out of them....
it’s a formula we have all seen for years now and isnt working. But we are supposed to believe still?
Oh now it’s going to work, this coach is better!

This coach has 1 point in 4 matches!

Look what a Rooney alone did for DC united since he has come. One high end player of that caliber. Check the stats of pre and post Rooney there.

Anyone want to head to the island for a match we can actually connect to somewhat? Being Canadian and all?

While I’m at it. And not usually this mean spirited.... South siders are the biggest soccer geeks. Who have zero to no idea. Why do they all have beards and glasses.
I feel like they are all x dungeon and dragon basement game board types.

Sorry not sorry.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome. I love it. Definitely on the same page as that- although really like Hwuang, Adnan, Godoy.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to be clear...

Did I just see the Whitecaps give an opening minute penalty to their newest signing and then he tried a panenka that didn't even make it to the goal?

Ya that seems like a team that hasn't won a game yet...

A simply dreadful pk.

Adnan is definitely a quality player but give the pk to a goal scorer to boost their confidence. I'm sure if Ardaiz takes it and scores then he would have put his other effort away! Confidence is everything!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but...

My ears bleed every time I torture myself and watch on tv.

There has to be a another option out there for play by play.

Even @Jigsaw would be a massive improvement

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That game has now made me not wanna even watch them on TV let alone ever go to a game.

I did like that the announcer mentioned they should have maybe picked a forward to take the PK as @machel had suggested several minutes before. Seemed like an easy decision for a high level coach like him.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A simply dreadful pk.

Adnan is definitely a quality player but give the pk to a goal scorer to boost their confidence. I'm sure if Ardaiz takes it and scores then he would have put his other effort away! Confidence is everything!
Adnan played well, except for the pk. Hwang and venutto were also very good going forward. Henry did a great job on zlatan. Nerwinski was outpaced by la's player several times. Whitecaps will go on a win streak soon.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not for a team of giants. But come on, we need some sort of presence up top. Something.
They are throwing crosses in to a bunch of mini mites there at the end vs a bunch of 6’ plus CB’s from the Galaxy.

And some guys can be small but they play a much “bigger” game. But when I was watching last night, there simply was no presence or guys to pick out. Montero has some very nice touches near the end, and you can see has the touch and vision still. Just needs to be paired with someone that can create space for him. Where is Benzema! ;)

Subs that came on;
Venuto 5’4” - 132 lbs
Montero 5’9” - 160 lbs
Reyna 5’6” - 149 lbs

Joining their teammate;
Hwang 5’9” - 140 lbs

Supported in the midfield by;
Tiebert 5’8” - 152 lbs
Felipe 5’7” - 152 lbs

In an athletic league, I feel we are too small and don’t have the strength on the ball. No aerial threat what so ever once we get in the final 1/3.
These guys are not Giovincos and Insignes out there.

I know Spain can dominate with smaller players everywhere but we simply don’t have that class of player here.

We need to have a target man. Something.
1 point in 5 matches and it’s tough to pull positives out of that match at all.

As well, you see what one marquee signing does for a team? Ibrah with a goal and assist. Done deal.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inbeom and Venutu showing signs of class. I actually really like them. This team will always be a “hope” they won’t sign big names, get their own stadium, get grass as long as Bobbo is around. Teams in the VMSL have a higher Cap than this team ffs. Bring back the Grizzlies

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adnan played well, except for the pk. Hwang and venutto were also very good going forward. Henry did a great job on zlatan. Nerwinski was outpaced by la's player several times. Whitecaps will go on a win streak soon.

I'd be surprised if this team can win more than 2 games in a row. My predictions with the team in its current state...20190406_220621.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That game has now made me not wanna even watch them on TV let alone ever go to a game.

I did like that the announcer mentioned they should have maybe picked a forward to take the PK as @machel had suggested several minutes before. Seemed like an easy decision for a high level coach like him.

This and this. I feel duped that I stayed in to watch that on a Friday night. Could have taken the wife to a nice dinner or live music.

Second, let a newcomer, let alone a fullback take a PK? WTF was he thinking with that? Put your effing boot through the ball!

Ironically he’s one of maybe three class players they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0