Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some highlights from AC Richmond's win on Friday night, including the goal. Shitty quality as the lighting was dreadful. Don't know what it was like to play under it but it seemed so dark in bits.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing Shaheen beat imperio 4-0.

Sets up a good match between them and Abby in the next round.

Based on playing both I would give Abby the edge if they have numbers out.

Eastvan

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge 3-2 NK. Wasn’t at the game but heard the field was very short and Worked into Gorge playing style of kick and run. Goal kicks were going into opponents 18 yard box. Goodluck to all teams left in provincials.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 0
Serbia FC. 3

First half both teams exchanged chances, game felt pretty evenly matched. Our goalie made a huge save about 10 mins in keeping it 0-0. Then we missed a bunch on near chances that we should have done better on. Serbia also missed some good chances. 0-0 at half, second half started out pretty even again with both teams having some good looks but, nothing coming of it. 20 mins into the second half Serbia gets a corner kick, as our guys are setting up the referee decides to kick our player off whose been playing 20 minutes with no issues. Our player wears a knee brace. Reason for sending him off was it wasn’t “covered” enough. Of course among the conufsion of the situation unfolding and ref not allowing a sub Serbia got the ball to the open man at around 12 yards out who placed a nice header across the goa into the far corner. Next 10 minutes we pressed hard with no luck on some decent chances. Then Serbia caught us on a fast break and sent a guy in on a break. He made no mistake 2-0 with 10 to go. A position we have come back from before, we pushed hard again gotcsome chances still no luck and yet again Serbia got a fast break our defender challenged it and Serbia guy went down. PK with 5 to go our goalie got a touch on it but, couldn’t keep it out. None the less we finished strong. Serbia were good but, I don’t think the gap between FVSL and VMSL is large or even there at all. Feel like game could have gone either way. Good luck to Serbia the rest of the way. Also think abby B have a good chance of winning it for FVSL.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 0
Serbia FC. 3

First half both teams exchanged chances, game felt pretty evenly matched. Our goalie made a huge save about 10 mins in keeping it 0-0. Then we missed a bunch on near chances that we should have done better on. Serbia also missed some good chances. 0-0 at half, second half started out pretty even again with both teams having some good looks but, nothing coming of it. 20 mins into the second half Serbia gets a corner kick, as our guys are setting up the referee decides to kick our player off whose been playing 20 minutes with no issues. Our player wears a knee brace. Reason for sending him off was it wasn’t “covered” enough. Of course among the conufsion of the situation unfolding and ref not allowing a sub Serbia got the ball to the open man at around 12 yards out who placed a nice header across the goa into the far corner. Next 10 minutes we pressed hard with no luck on some decent chances. Then Serbia caught us on a fast break and sent a guy in on a break. He made no mistake 2-0 with 10 to go. A position we have come back from before, we pushed hard again gotcsome chances still no luck and yet again Serbia got a fast break our defender challenged it and Serbia guy went down. PK with 5 to go our goalie got a touch on it but, couldn’t keep it out. None the less we finished strong. Serbia were good but, I don’t think the gap between FVSL and VMSL is large or even there at all. Feel like game could have gone either way. Good luck to Serbia the rest of the way. Also think abby B have a good chance of winning it for FVSL.

Poor timing for the ref to send off your player with the knee brace! He could have done it way earlier or not in that kind of dangerous situation. Being a member of the knee brace union myself(some times double knee braces), I wear tights all year round to cover them. Sucks in the summer heat!

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 0
Serbia FC. 3

In addition to your match report here is a video:

Bobby Hockey

Apr 15, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 2
Gorge us Guys 3

Happened to be at the Hampton Field on the weekend watching my sons U16 Cup Game. Plenty of time to Ferry so decided to watch this game as well. Weather was not good, very windy, field is much shorter and narrower than mainland fields, turf is brutal. If the field is regulation, then it definitely is on the small side of regulation. Both goalies were able to kick the ball in the other teams 18, and with the wind could knock it out the other side. Size of the field made our U16 goalie feel like a pro, as he could get the ball to the other side at 20 m.

This definitely played an advantage to the Kick and Run Gorge side. Matter of fact They were leaving one player at the NK 25 m alone waiting for the goal kicks. I can see why teams that dont know this park have difficulties here. (HINT: next team take note)

Two different styles of play, NK playing a possession game and controlling much of the game, while Gorge played kick and run, and aggressive tackles.

NK #10 and #2 had numerous quality runs which just fell short of them scoring on a couple of occasions, including a cross delivered by #2 which the wind seemed to carry, and #10 headed just over the cross bar. NK #7 was delivered a ball alone at 8 meters, which he hit hard but squandered a golden opportunity as it ended up more to the goalies hands instead of the open short side. Game was tied 0-0 at half.

With the wind favoring Gorge in the second half, Gorge took the lead off of a questionably called free kick just outside the 18. Not sure what the local referee saw there. The defense of NK was not attentive, and particular the #15 who was the CB and played the defense high allowing for a wind carried free kick to land in behind the highly positioned defensive line leaving too much room in behind allowing the Gorge # to head the ball in the back of the net.

NK tied the game minutes later, after a beautiful cross found #10 of Hrvat, who delivered a beautiful header but rang it off the post. He pursued the rebound and beat a Gorge defender cleanly to be denied by another Gorge player stopping the shot with a hand ball. Might have been a red card as it looked like he intentionally stopped it from crossing the line. Nevertheless NK scored on the PK.

Gorge played very aggressive, clothes lined one of the NK player across the throat, which surprisingly ended up with only a free kick, instead of a Red Card. Not even a yellow was shown. After lying on the ground for several minutes being attended to by the coach, the NK player was forced to leave the field.

Gorge took the lead once more with a fortuitous ping pong type play which again the NK defense could have cleared but failed to do so, which ended up on the foot of a Gorge player close to the net and he put it in the back of the net. NK once again tied the game with a well placed direct free Kick taken from about 20 m. which finished in the bottom corner.

Game was approaching 90 minutes when #18 of NK, who came in as a substitute dribbled carelessly, without pressure, toward his own goal to make an errant pass, which was intercepted by Gorge and crossed in, only to go off of one of NK's players right to a Gorge player who finished it in the bottom corner from a very sharp angle which the NK goalie should have had.

NK pressed hard but with only a few minutes to go, ran out of time.

Players that stood out in the game were the Gorge #5, #14 and #16, while for NK #3, #10 and #2.

Too Many

Apr 16, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
That recap is laughable. A little biased perhaps?

First half Hrvat had 2 good chances, gorge had 2 cleared off the line on the same play, it ended 0-0. Second half Gorge get a free kick from 35 out and big man heads it away to go up 1-0. This is where you lose me... You (I mean Hrvat) got a peno as our defender was dribbling out of his box and the ball bounced up and hit his hand. How the fcuk is that a red card? He was about 14 yards out from the goalline. Ref made the right call giving a peno but give ur head a shake if you think thats cardable.

Gorge go up 2-1 off a lucky bounce, lands right on Gorge players foot for an easy finish. Hrvat tied it up off a beauty free kick from their big man up top ( prob their best player on the day)
5 mins left Gorge go up field and their #9 slots for the winner.

ubcmetropolitan

Mar 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
That recap is laughable. A little biased perhaps?

First half Hrvat had 2 good chances, gorge had 2 cleared off the line on the same play, it ended 0-0. Second half Gorge get a free kick from 35 out and big man heads it away to go up 1-0. This is where you lose me... You (I mean Hrvat) got a peno as our defender was dribbling out of his box and the ball bounced up and hit his hand. How the fcuk is that a red card? He was about 14 yards out from the goalline. Ref made the right call giving a peno but give ur head a shake if you think thats cardable.

Gorge go up 2-1 off a lucky bounce, lands right on Gorge players foot for an easy finish. Hrvat tied it up off a beauty free kick from their big man up top ( prob their best player on the day)
5 mins left Gorge go up field and their #9 slots for the winner.
Yeah they tent to create accounts and make false reports on here to make themselves feel better about there team who just parks the bus and cant string 10 passes together. They made up some false report on the league cup as well. "I happen to be there to watch the U16 game". lool. Good one. That convinced me that your competitively neutral bystander and not a NK player/fan :rolleyes:;)

Joe321

Dec 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah they tent to create accounts and make false reports on here to make themselves feel better about there team who just parks the bus and cant string 10 passes together. They made up some false report on the league cup as well. "I happen to be there to watch the U16 game". lool. Good one. That convinced me that your competitively neutral bystander and not a NK player/fan :rolleyes:;)

Speaking of people “creating accounts” I have good intel indicating you’re not (anymore??) part of Metropolitan club. Just a grumpy Shaheen player

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So all BMSL teams have been eliminated from the competition and their 3 top ranked teams lost by a combined score of 11-1 last round.

What's going on out in Burnaby this year? League in decline?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am certainly limping through this competition, seemingly on the wrong side of the close games and getting caught off guard by the upsets. Also caught off guard in this tournament was the BMSL evidently, as all their entrants have now been sent packing. The RASA and VISL are also teetering, with each league having just a lone hope for the title remaining. Will either survive and reach the semis...?

Completely Baseless Predictions
Men’s B Keith Millar Provincial Cup

Round of 16: 3/8
Overall: 7/16

Quarter Finals:

Abbotsford United B (FVSL) v Shaheen FC (VMSL) -Saturday 6:00pm @ Matsqui #4, Abbotsford
This has to Match of the Round as Abbotsford looked in top form against Island opponents Hellas, running out 4-0 winners at home. However, they will not benefit from any major travel factor bump this week with Shaheen only needing to shoot down Hwy 1 from the North Shore. Shaheen are one of just two teams remaining who played in the opening preliminary round and they look to be hitting their stride, having put up four goals in each of their two matches so far in the competition. Another four-spot would be very impressive given that Abbotsford had by far and away the best defensive record in the FVSL's Division 2. In front of goalkeeper Arturo Silva and his six clean sheets, the Valley boys allowed only 17 goals against in 20 league matches. It looks to be on track to be a low scoring affair as Shaheen too had the best defensive record in their league, allowing only 19 goals in 22 VMSL Division 2 games. It could well be first goal wins in this one with both teams no doubt fancy their chances. Toss up here, Abby are at home but Shaheen look to be in top form. With things so dead even I'll be forced to go with the classic league stereotypes and give the slightest edge to the VMSL squad.

AC Richmond (RASA) v FC Serbia United (VMSL) - Friday 8:30pm @ Minoru Oval, Richmond
It was a very workmanlike performance that saw Richmond through to this round as they beat one of Serbia's chief rivals, Sierra, 1-0. Things are not going to get any easier with Serbia on tap in this round. The Euro side looked at every bit their offensive best in a 3-0 win over Surrey United to begin their tournament and will be confident of carrying that forward. Richmond were on the back foot for large spells against Sierra, but the now VMSL side squandered their many chances and were ultimately made to pay. It would be hard to picture Serbia's strike force of Ramsey Alfantazi and Pedro Vega being that wasteful in front of goal if they are afforded the same amount of opportunities. Richmond are certainly up for it, but it will likely take a similar level of performance, and probably a few more lucky bounces, if they are to survive another round against a VMSL heavyweight.

Gorge Us-Guys (VISL) v Graduates FC (RASA) - Saturday 4:00pm @ Hampton Road, Victoria
A close runner up for MOTR as head turners Graduates from Richmond head to the still unbeaten on the year Gorge in Victoria. Not only to Gorge have the classic Island travel advantage, but reports indicate that their home field itself may well also give them a slight edge with some unique dimensions. The Islanders outlasted another Cinderella side in Hrvat following a back and fourth 3-2 win. Graduates, though, have been the surprise package of the tournament, not just because they have been beating quality opponents, but because of the manner in which they are beating them. It seems to be impossible to stop this voracious Graduates attack which has registered an impressive 10 goals in their two tournament matches. However, this is a new wrinkle adding the travel factors and Gorge are clearly not afraid of any side, from any league, any time, especially at home. Looking forward to a good match here, but I will take the home side to progress.

Metropolitan FC (VMSL) v Port Moody Titans (FVSL) - Sunday 6:00pm @ University Hill, Vancouver
Things are looking good for a Metropolitan side that could well be the class of this competition. The best team in the VMSL since December, Students are looking to claim the Provincial B Cup and use it as a springboard for a successful campaign next season that they hope will finally lead to a return to Division 1. After hoisting the VMSL's Div. 2 Cup, they were all business in their opening match of the BCs, outclassing Roma from the BMSL 5-1. This week's opponents, Port Moody Titans, also overcame BMSL opposition, beating Mundiavocat 2-0. As the lowest ranked FVSL in the tournament, and with them having to wait until Fraser Valley Blue Devils lost in the Presidents Cup final before confirming a place in this competition, Titans were quite literally here just to make up the numbers. Of course don't bother telling them that as they will certainly have designs on a Cinderella run. Beating Metropolitan though would take something out of the top drawer given the form Students find themselves in currently.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seem to be having internet issues at the minute as only my U21 previews appear to have gone up yesterday. I've found my B cup predictions and put them up now.

Per the BC Soccer site it looks like Serbia did indeed beat Richmond last night, 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts