Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 3
All black 0

We could have had quite a few more, good team but we shut them down in the finals third of the field. They got a couple decent chances. Nothing too dangerous though. Onto Serbia for round 2. Best comment was “ I can’t beleive we lost to a bunch of drinkers”

Ha! This is awesome.

Also, at least in the past, the All Blacks were the class of this tourney, usually the class of the Richmond league. They don't sign A Forms, so their 1st division (or Premier?) is typically pretty loaded. That squad may simply have gotten quite a bit older, I really have no idea. Congrats nonetheless, knocking off any Richmond team is a good start.

Any word on Dynamo?

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do they not post scores? Curious how dynamo did against the top team from VMSL. Granted I bet they were tired from the game the previous day.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 0 - 4 Sierra

Pretty shite way to end the year but we crushed the cooler afterwards. We were missing our golden boot, missing our keeper, played 24hrs prior, and had a list of injuries that would max out any health plan. The smell of ointments was strong on our bench. The list of excuses could go on but in the end it was 1-0 until the 70th minute and we had a puncher's chance to get a result. Then our keeper miss-timed a challenge on a breakaway through ball and they walked it in to an empty net. We decided to play 3 in the back to push for it but that was clearly a bad choice and they tapped in a 3rd. Tired legs dove in to give them a PK for the 4th.

We were 2nd to most challenges on the day and in the end, the better team won, however, in no way did I feel like they outclass the top teams in FVSL. I would bet Red Devils or Abby B vs those guys any day.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do they not post scores? Curious how dynamo did against the top team from VMSL. Granted I bet they were tired from the game the previous day.

We lost. Went down 1-Nil and stayed that way until about 65 mins, we opened it up and gave up a few more.
Our MVP striker that most of you know and Keeper were both not able to play the back to back, so we generated little offence, gave up some weak goals and had no legs. Some of our better players simply had no impact.

IMO we'd beat that team if given a fair chance, they had 3 fairly strong players and then nothing really more. FVRD or Abby B would walk on them. They also picked up some dumb yellows which always proves costly in a cup run.

Back to back games are doable, but not when you put the emotions in to a big cup game the day before. Credit to my guys for trying, but we weren't even close. We refused to let the back to back ruin our celebration of winning our 2nd FVSL presidents cup and we had a good time the night before at least, would have sucked to not celebrate.

Hopefully FVSL schedules a little better next year, disappointing having your cup champion removed from contention with bad scheduling being a factor. The BC Soccer match guy even commented on it. All the FVSL prize money and awards are all centered around Premier and A cup now, which is strange considering 94% of the league is NOT in the premier division. Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk. I am going to enjoy the summer break.

Good luck to everyone else in the competition!

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer has horrible web site. No results posted. No PDF print option.

Round of 16

Abbotsford United B (FVSL) - Hellas FC (VISL)

Impero Calcio (BMSA) - Shaheen FC A (VMSL)

AC Richmond (RASA) - Westside FC Sierra (VMSL)

FC Serbia United A (VMSL) - Surrey United SC (FVSL)

Gorge-Us Guys (VISL) - NK Hrvat (VMSL)

Abbotsford SA Red Devils (FVSL) - Graduates FC (RASA)

Metropolitan FC A (VMSL) – Euro FC (BMSA)

PMO Titans (FVSL) – Mundiavocat FC (BMSA)

Machoman

Mar 24, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onto the next round ... we (abby united) are going to have a tough time getting numbers this weekend as 6 guys are out of town on a bachelor party. Hopefully the trek out for Hellas plays factor in their numbers as well. Some good matchups happening this weekend. Shall be a good one.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some tasty games the next round. Predictions..

Good chance I only get 1 or 2 correct. A toss up in most of the matches.

I know in the A cup thread there's always talk of FVSL never winning that competition. Has FVSL ever won the B cup?

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really shitty the way it played out for you dynamo boys. Great run to end the season, and winning cup. To have back to back games against a top seed. Congrats again on the fvsl cup.

Arch

Sep 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite the upset!
Report @Arch ?

Unfortunately I wasn't at the game and we were missing some players. No excuses though but from what I heard the first half was pretty tame and even. We had some good chance to go up a couple but couldn't convert. Apparently Euro received a red card late in the game but again we couldn't take advantage. Then they got one against the run of play. Again I don't have any specifics and this was all given second hand. Onto the summer season and next year as a few tired bodies need a rest.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost. Went down 1-Nil and stayed that way until about 65 mins, we opened it up and gave up a few more.
Our MVP striker that most of you know and Keeper were both not able to play the back to back, so we generated little offence, gave up some weak goals and had no legs. Some of our better players simply had no impact.

IMO we'd beat that team if given a fair chance, they had 3 fairly strong players and then nothing really more. FVRD or Abby B would walk on them. They also picked up some dumb yellows which always proves costly in a cup run.

Back to back games are doable, but not when you put the emotions in to a big cup game the day before. Credit to my guys for trying, but we weren't even close. We refused to let the back to back ruin our celebration of winning our 2nd FVSL presidents cup and we had a good time the night before at least, would have sucked to not celebrate.

Hopefully FVSL schedules a little better next year, disappointing having your cup champion removed from contention with bad scheduling being a factor. The BC Soccer match guy even commented on it. All the FVSL prize money and awards are all centered around Premier and A cup now, which is strange considering 94% of the league is NOT in the premier division. Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk. I am going to enjoy the summer break.

Good luck to everyone else in the competition!

Atta boy, Sub. Pretty shitty to be beaten by your own league.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately I wasn't at the game and we were missing some players. No excuses though but from what I heard the first half was pretty tame and even. We had some good chance to go up a couple but couldn't convert. Apparently Euro received a red card late in the game but again we couldn't take advantage. Then they got one against the run of play. Again I don't have any specifics and this was all given second hand. Onto the summer season and next year as a few tired bodies need a rest.

Missing the engine of the midfield is a huge loss for any team.
Summer soccer and beers await :cool:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not that it would have necessarily been more ideal, but I am told that the league offered to let you play the Cup Final mid-week on a day of your choosing. Any insight on why you would opt not to take them up on that to be at least fresher than having played literally the day before?

I know in the A cup thread there's always talk of FVSL never winning that competition. Has FVSL ever won the B cup?
Nope.

A couple U21 cups for Port Moody Gunners and two Masters A Cups for SFC Rangers but that's it for the FVSL trophy cabinet.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ghouse will be spinning in his tanning bed at the thought you have all already forgotten the mighty ACBC, Keith Millar Provincial B Cup Champions in 2010.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ghouse will be spinning in his tanning bed at the thought you have all already forgotten the mighty ACBC, Keith Millar Provincial B Cup Champions in 2010.

Indeed I stand corrected...there they are at the bottom of the page sandwiched between All Blacks and Shaheen.

Assuming they were part of the FVSL when they won then yes, the league would have a B Cup to its name, my apologies.

Bob123

Apr 6, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that it would have necessarily been more ideal, but I am told that the league offered to let you play the Cup Final mid-week on a day of your choosing. Any insight on why you would opt not to take them up on that to be at least fresher than having played literally the day before?

Wait, were we copied in on the same PM? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0