Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the cow v ccb game, was a decent game to watch. best side won for sure but numerous missed chances at either end. reckon it could easily have been a 5-2 win rather than 1-0. …..even though I,m on the island, got to ask who in their right mind would have the finals here when all teams are from mainland....sure the VMSL and FVSL would make a gentlemans agreement "when an island team gets to the final you can host it"...….or is that just too reasonable.

Cucu

Jun 27, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
@forest1979 that's just how the draw works out. If you are so ignorant thinking that Vancouver is the only city in the province then you need no more recognition. I watched the game. As well as many leading up to this time. CCB played great as a unit. Especially when 'crazy milad' was not on the field. CCBs game was better than Cowichans today and that happens. This game went as most all of Cowichans games have went throughout the last few years. Nobody on the sidelines would say Cowichan deserved it more.

It was an entertaining match and the hostile crowd did their homework on a few CCB players. Most of the men were classy and could handle the friendly banter but we all knew a few exceptions. Those few fellas who were absolutely classless took the focus away from a good match.

Cheers and good luck in the final. I was happy to watch Shun play well in the 2nd half along with the other few unpaid players.

CCB coach = douche. (Kids loved hearing you yell and girate at the fans)

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure what your saying......I live on the island but surely it makes more sense to have a final where more fans are likely to attend.....I never said anything about cowichan deserving it more...actually said 5-2 would have been a fair result....that's in favour of CCB, if you think that was a hostile crowd I would imagine you have led a very sheltered life...…at the end of your comments "the few other unpaid players"....this I know nothing about re CCB.....but I am aware of players being rewarded on the island. maybe not in cash, maybe boots, maybe golf memberships.....don't know the CCB coach, do know he will be at final. ….and incidentally I really wanted cow to win.

Cucu

Jun 27, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure what your saying......I live on the island but surely it makes more sense to have a final where more fans are likely to attend.....I never said anything about cowichan deserving it more...actually said 5-2 would have been a fair result....that's in favour of CCB, if you think that was a hostile crowd I would imagine you have led a very sheltered life...…at the end of your comments "the few other unpaid players"....this I know nothing about re CCB.....but I am aware of players being rewarded on the island. maybe not in cash, maybe boots, maybe golf memberships.....don't know the CCB coach, do know he will be at final. ….and incidentally I really wanted cow to win.
Sorry. I was confused. I didnt see a 5-2 deserved result. You make 5 chances and shank most if not all you dont deserve 5. Lol. I witnessed a different game from the sidelines. I am also sorry I didn't get the memo where all teams from the mainand automatically make the final. U must of been stuck sitting in your parked Tesla at the curling rink. Cheers to all the real Islanders who cheer for exciting footy and the fellas who can handle a little razzle. #moveaway

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not just the A final (which now the Island has not reached for a full decade).

There are now 8 other finals which could have Island representation each year. Albeit just about all of the finals for this season are now set and are for the most part comprised of mainland sides. The Men's A, Masters A and U21 cups will be all VMSL affairs in Nanaimo, with at least one VMSL representative guaranteed in the Men's B and Masters B Cup. However, those sides still might end up facing VISL opposition in their respective finals (though it is now unlikely that the B Cup will be played on Finals day in Nanaimo, but that could not have been known at the beginning of the competition). On the Women's side it is Mainland teams in the A and Classics A final, but there will be an Island team in the inaugural Classics B final and it could well end up being an all Island affair in the Women's B Cup (though again unlikely to be played on Finals day in Nanaimo due to unforeseen circumstances).

The hosting is rotated and predetermined. I'm sure whichever VMSL team ends up winning won't mind the trek at all. The loser may have a long ferry ride though... especially if the winners happen to make the same boat!

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
well heres the memo, since 1985, yes that's 34 yrs, only one island team has ever reached the finals (Gorge on 4 occasions). now that suggests , only suggests mind...that football is stronger on the mainland, and in particular the VMSL. very pleased you enjoy watching exciting footie (your quote) ...….ps sold tesla when moved to island....lack of electricity.....got a 2001 f250, lifted of course.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
and no doubt I,m opening a can of worms but other than the open A, masters A, and U21 , do you think it really matters. …...its great that a B cup exists, but you just ain,t a provincial winner.

Cucu

Jun 27, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
and no doubt I,m opening a can of worms but other than the open A, masters A, and U21 , do you think it really matters. …...its great that a B cup exists, but you just ain,t a provincial winner.
The 2001 f250 is a lemon but that's for a different thread. It's much more interesting having parody between leagues, players and fake fans than ITC issues IMO. Go VMSL, go FVSL, go long haired hippy, red neck, smart as a stick VISL college dropouts. Cheers to irrelevant commentary and terrible eyesite. #theworstteamwon #coachisadouche #shunrules #crazymilad #cyanextyr

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As there will probably be no Island fans at Provincial cup
Our back up plan is to bring fans of the other
Tigers team with us on the ferry

CowichanPrez

Apr 20, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the whiners should not enter the “BC’s” if they don’t like traveling around BC to play soccer? Lots of bravado and we came up a little short in two semi finals each by a goal. Nanaimo isn’t my favourite town but a bunch of us will go watch and support the beautiful game.

Congrats to the finalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0