Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 BC Masters Provincial A Cup Draw, discussion, banter and results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, 4-0 at the half, 5-0 after an hour or so. SU struggled today, save for Sheps in goal. SU does have some good players. One of their subs up front went mental, charging after players two-footed late because someone accidentally cleated his foot, although he didn't seem hurt. I think he's an ex-PA/Coastal player. FVSL ref with the squeaky voice, so no reds for us was good. Lots of familiar faces there today. Nice day for a game on grass, easier on the bodies.

Last edited:

CowichanPrez

Apr 20, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect predictions last round on result, shot in the dark on Coquitlam at 5-0 paid off.

This week
Cowichan vs PCOV - both teams it seems undefeated since mid January. Can’t wait and I am certain it will be a battle, but will refrain from making a prediction for obvious reasons. Don’t forget your ferry reservations!

Coquitlam vs WestVan - both teams thumping their opposition and likely well rested I think it will be a good game. I’m giving the edge to WestVan 3-2, but I hope it’s Coquitlam because 2 years ago we were thumped by them and we want a rematch in the finals.

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect predictions last round on result, shot in the dark on Coquitlam at 5-0 paid off.

This week
Cowichan vs PCOV - both teams it seems undefeated since mid January. Can’t wait and I am certain it will be a battle, but will refrain from making a prediction for obvious reasons. Don’t forget your ferry reservations!

Coquitlam vs WestVan - both teams thumping their opposition and likely well rested I think it will be a good game. I’m giving the edge to WestVan 3-2, but I hope it’s Coquitlam because 2 years ago we were thumped by them and we want a rematch in the finals.

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend!
I thought you said you will refrain from making predictions for obvious reason, but then you followed your statement up with this " but I hope it’s Coquitlam because 2 years ago we were thumped by them and we want a rematch in the finals."

CowichanPrez

Apr 20, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
“A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that occurs due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. The concept is part of classical psychoanalysis”

I do however stand behind my prediction. Anything to liven up this thread!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
With my perfect record dashed, I will try to pick up the pieces for the stretch run. Three VMSL teams remain as they look to once again make the final an all VMSL affair. Standing in their way is a Cowichan side determined to play in the final on relatively home soil in Nanaimo. They will be at home again for this round, while the semi final in the bottom half has a pair of VMSL heavyweights duking it out. Should make for a pair of enthralling and exciting matches, exactly what you would hope for at this stage of the competition!

Completely Baseless Predictions
Men’s Masters A Deryl Hughes Provincial Cup

Quarter Finals: 3/4
Overall: 7/8

Semi Finals:

Cowichan 49ers (VISL)
v PCOV M-A (VMSL) - Saturday 4:00pm @ Sherman Road, Duncan
It has been must win football for three months for PCOV and that will continue this week. Their impressive 3-2 comeback win over 10 men Port Moody last round will have given them the confidence to take on any opposition, but we shall see how that confidence translates to a tough away day on the Island. Cowichan are looking to ensure VISL representation at the finals in Nanaimo after the last time the Island hosted the Province's showpiece they saw eight VMSL teams travel to Victoria to compete in the four men's finals. The 49ers are certainly doing their part to try and prevent a repeat scenario as they used their home field advantage to great aplomb in the last round, seeing off a solid Columbus side 3-1. The Italians had just won at home over Cowichan's runners-up from the VISL, UVic Alumni, 2-0 and UVic's record was identical to Cowichan's with them settling for second based on goal difference alone. This would seem to indicate that home field advantage in this competition is indeed crucial. As mentioned though, PCOV have had their backs against the wall for what seems like forever now. Desperate league wins over Westside and Romania to wrap up their league campaign were required just to give them the chance to playoff to get into this tournament. In the end, however, no extra match would be required as PCOV won their way to a VMSL Masters Cup title and a bye in the first round. True, they did enjoy the benefit of getting to play with an extra man during their comeback against Port Moody, but there is no taking away from the Portuguese's ability to find a way to win. Playing on the road, they have to be underdogs here, but something tells me they won't mind that label at all. People have been writing them off for months, what's one more week?

Coquitlam Metro Ford PCE (VMSL) v West Van FC (VMSL) - Saturday 5:00pm @ Charles Best, Coquitlam
An absolute cracker here for the Match of the Round between two VMSL giants. West Van were trying to chase down Metro Ford for the title until the Tri Cities side put it out of reach and West Van had some availability issues down the stretch. You would expect them to be at full strength for this one though, obviously, so expect a top match. There will be lots of goals in the sides with Coquitlam's Tiarnan King and Alfredo Valente squaring off against the North Shore team's Jesse Fetterley and Corey Birza. However, these sides also had the two best defensive records in the league, meaning that this one could also be a defensive grind. Hopefully for the neutrals though the clubs both take the shackles off and we end up with a barn burner. The two league meetings went to the champions Coquitlam by 2-1 and 3-1 score lines, with that 12 point swing accounting for the difference between the two teams in the table. Metro Ford were denied a chance at the league and cup double when they fell at the semi-final stage to eventual winners PCOV, who went on to edge West Van 1-0 in the final. There is still one more trophy to play for though, and both these sides will be keen for it. The stats make Coquitlam the favourites in this one, but don't bother telling West Van that as they know their old rivals well and no doubt have a plan for exactly how to end their season early!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the other semifinal out in Coquitlam, West Van defeated Metro Ford 2-0. Crouch with two goals in the second half and him with the other two up front were a lot for them to handle. Mike Franks had an outstanding game for them. We had a sending off for someone having a beer on the sideline. This will be our third final this decade I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts