Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

The fact that he did not mention Lenarduzzi speaks volumes.

STATEMENT FROM CARL ROBINSON
Thank you Vancouver …

I think it is important that I say good-bye and good luck to the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Firstly I would like to thank Greg Kerfoot and Jeff Mallett for giving me the opportunity to get my first managerial job here in MLS. It was a risk for them back in December 2013, but I would like to think that I didn’t let them down with what we achieved and where we got to as a football club. We had five amazing years.

I would like to give a big thank you to my coaching staff of Martyn Pert, Gordon Forrest and Stewart Kerr for supporting me and always being by my side. They are a top-quality trio. I appreciate the help of the support staff at the training facility and to Ed and all the guys who came on the road with us, all working tirelessly during my time here.

Special mention to all my players past and present that fought for me every week and never gave in. The fight you showed gave me immense pride. We never had the superstars of the other teams in the league but we laid down for no one.

Finally a special thank you to the FANS. It is and always should be about you guys. You are the bedrock of any football club and I am proud to have shared such memorable moments with you and many many firsts for the Whitecaps — home playoff games, playoff wins, playoff semifinals, Concacaf Champions League semifinals and Canadian Championship Cup victories. Too many great memories to talk about!

The day I walked into the club I had a big smile on my face … the day I walked out I had the same smile, myself and my family will never forget the amazing city of Vancouver and the warmth to which we were greeted and treated by the people of this great city, there will always be a special place in our hearts for British Columbia.

I’m already looking forward to my next challenge in management wherever that may be, and in the meantime the Robinsons will be cheering on all the sports teams of Vancouver — good luck to the Canucks and Lions!!

Thanks and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Robbo

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brett Levis and Russell Teibert were EASILY the best Whitecaps on the park tonight... RT in particular did his best to breathe life into a moribund side... he even had one particularly incisive pass into the far corner that was both skillful and dangerous... I'm usually on here ripping him, but I will readily concede that he was excellent tonight...

As for the rest of them, well, Kamara taking a red after the final whistle for grabbing Johnny Russell around the throat isn't going to help... And Johnny Russell may be a cnut, but he is a game-turning, talented cnut who, once again, shows that you get what you pay for.

And before anyone whimpers about budget, SKC have only a slightly larger budget than the Caps... ditch the perma-barren residency program and you'd be pretty close to on par... somehow Peter Vermes has them near the top of the table, while the Caps...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So disheartening.

You know what we have in RT.

Levis, Jesus kid, you need to sort out your diet and soft tissue issues, can't be subbing off fullbacks for fullbacks in a critical match.

The rest? I'd be OK moving all of them along. Even Waston. Adios. Clean slate this bitch.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its crazy - beginning of the season Teibert would have been close to the bottom of the list in terms of players to keep around. Now he's the only one to keep? I don't argue with it - he's clearly playing for his job, and has been energetic. He played 90 on Tuesday, flew back from TO and was the best player on the pitch the next night.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, my feeling he's developed into a fairly versatile CMF that can be moved around from a holding role, to a box-to-box role, even an attacking role in a pinch. He's a solid second option. We need HUGE upgrades otherwise. Need a stud 10, and a stud HM. Sorry, I know Ghazal had pedigree, but we don't see him play like it often enough, and he's even worse than Laba with the ball at his feet. I just don't rate him as high as other seem to. In fact, I'd take Laba back over him in a heartbeat. That's why I'm so big on pushing Davie Norman, getting him some development time, because he's shown he can play with the ball at his feet. He has all the attributes to be a very good HM in MLS, but fcuk me, you need to get these guys time.

Anyone know how he's doing in Scotland?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brett Levis and Russell Teibert were EASILY the best Whitecaps on the park tonight... RT in particular did his best to breathe life into a moribund side... he even had one particularly incisive pass into the far corner that was both skillful and dangerous... I'm usually on here ripping him, but I will readily concede that he was excellent tonight...

As for the rest of them, well, Kamara taking a red after the final whistle for grabbing Johnny Russell around the throat isn't going to help... And Johnny Russell may be a cnut, but he is a game-turning, talented cnut who, once again, shows that you get what you pay for.

And before anyone whimpers about budget, SKC have only a slightly larger budget than the Caps... ditch the perma-barren residency program and you'd be pretty close to on par... somehow Peter Vermes has them near the top of the table, while the Caps...

Could not agree more. Would love to have the cnut on our side. Drew yet another red out of us, three reds drawn in two matches, now that is something.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Officially out of the playoff picture with the draw vs LAFC yesterday.
The season ends with a home game vs rivals Portland on Sunday and a farewell to Davies. Good luck kid!

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moyes is probably too expensive for Whitecaps' owners (he would probably cost more than any player). Anyway, after unsuccessful tries last 5 years with Manchester United, Real Sociedad, Sunderland, and West Ham who knows how much Moyes is worth today on an open market so there is a chance.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moyes is probably too expensive for Whitecaps' owners (he would probably cost more than any player). Anyway, after unsuccessful tries last 5 years with Manchester United, Real Sociedad, Sunderland, and West Ham who knows how much Moyes is worth today on an open market so there is a chance.

I'm not to stoked on his record as a manager in the last few years but his value may be in who he can persuade to come join the Caps from his previous teams. Leighton Baines is struggling for game time ;) Antonio Valencia should be looking at the MLS in a season or two...maybe even Smalling. Andy "glass man" Carrol. lol ...just throwing names out there.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts