Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
With an impending announcement of a CPL team in the lower mainland.. what better timing to recruit tuned out Caps fans. Ownership will need to make some sort of splash to let fans know they're not settling for mediocrity.

I always thought Kerfoot was this quiet super stud, all sorts of investments in the team and soccer initially.. .What happened?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
With an impending announcement of a CPL team in the lower mainland.. what better timing to recruit tuned out Caps fans. Ownership will need to make some sort of splash to let fans know they're not settling for mediocrity.

I always thought Kerfoot was this quiet super stud, all sorts of investments in the team and soccer initially.. .What happened?
...not that it would make a difference for people like me. Many people have alway seen the Whitecaps for what they really are, which is simply a support for the US National Team and also for other teams in Concacaf. On principle, I never could reconcile this. Myself, and many others will go to the Canadian Premier League. In fact, I would suggest that many of you ditch the Whitecaps and support Teams in the Canadian Professional League. It is time to support our soccer and not the US National Team, because this is what you have been really doing.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that US players are considered 'Domestic" for Canadian Team while Canadian Players are considered "Imports" on US teams is a joke.

TFC do spend a lot of money on players, but they also have a decent dose of Canadian Talent that play regularly.

Osorio. Ricketts. Morgan. Chapman. Just a few examples.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, a hundred times yes. Juarez has been a disaster and I can't see it improving w/ him. Filipe, very underwhelming. RT is actually, IMO, performing up to about how he's compensated, which is to say not bad and a good fill in piece. Too bad he's actually playing better than the pieces he's filling in for.

I don't want a big boy, give me a medium boy! Attiba!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that US players are considered 'Domestic" for Canadian Team while Canadian Players are considered "Imports" on US teams is a joke.

TFC do spend a lot of money on players, but they also have a decent dose of Canadian Talent that play regularly.

Osorio. Ricketts. Morgan. Chapman. Just a few examples.....
This is precisely the point. It is a joke if we believe that this league and teams are for the benefits of Canadians. The league and teams are for the benefit of the US Soccer System. They only threw a few crumbs to Canadian players for cosmetic reasons. Less than 30% of the roster of TFC and the Whitecaps are Canadian.
The MLS is simple another form of American economic and cultural imperialism. I am quite happy that Canada is finally standing on its own. If we want a spot for the World Cup, we are competing with the US. They are not our allies when it comes to soccer. It is hard for me to grasp how some of you kneel and pay tribute to the competing team and federation. Support Canada, do not support the one that is eliminating you from the World Cup.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS...you are right. Dammit.

True, though.

I think for a lot of us, we grew up with the Caps / 86ers, and for the most part their existence was dependent on access to local Canadian players. Now, in the new world of MLS, you are bang on, and for me it will be hard to pull my heart away from my childhood team, and support another. I won't have a hard time supporting the other, but will have a hard time not being a Caps fan, despite the fact that they do almost nothing I can agree with these days, predominantly their extreme ineptitude when it comes to developing Canadian homegrown talent.

Will Davey Norman Jr. ever get a go? Nobody can tell me he would not be able to accomplish at least as much as Filipe, Juarez, and Tiebert, all ahead of him on the depth chart. Yet they pay big for Juarez and Filipe. Both somewhat panic moves IMO.

Really looking forward to the CPL, and seeing Canadians ply their trade.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
giphy.gif

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old school ttp style coming up...

@mtkb ,
RT is playing better than Juarez and Felipe. Do you even watch the Fcking games??
RT plays like every game may be his last especially because there are people like you dogging him for god knows what reason as he’s been solid this year. Fcuk what he did in years previous. Last year I was on the "Tiebert out" boat as well but since the departures of Laba, Balanos, Jacobson..it's paved the way for an opportunity for the CANADIAN kid and I'd say he's taken it by the horns. He'll most likely lose his place to other higher paid players just based on economics and not ability because that's the way we should rate players right? ffs. ie. Felipe and Juarez make more than Tiebert thus should play before him.

Just show me why he's not worth the money THIS year or shut the fcuk up. Did he fcuk your daughter/girlfriend or mother? You definitely have it out for the guy.

Having said that, I feel almost everything else, WHITECAPS, you talk about has some kind of sense to it. The caps game is on at 7:30pm tonight if you care to watch how poorly the $140k midfielder plays. Of course I just jinxed the kid now so tonights effort doesn't count.

Juarez $525k - overpriced
Felipe $425k - overpriced
Teibert $140k - about right
Hurtado $150k - overpriced
Mutch $156k - will be a bargain
Shea $700k - lol
Reyna $440k - here's to hoping
Blondell $250K - who's smoking crack?
Ghazal $575k - who?
Davies : $73k - come on now!

allfunandgamessogohaveasnickersbeforereplying

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously guys, I do not know you can get excited over this team....it plays like shite....Not even two proper passes together and the ball in the air most of the time...it is like bad English soccer from 1970's and 1980s...do you realize that...

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

(I will watch the game tonight just for a change....)

Seriously guys, I do not know you can get excited over this team....it plays like shite....Not even two proper passes together and the ball in the air most of the time...it is like bad English soccer from 1970's and 1980s...do you realize that...

You obviously were not watching much English football in the 70's & 80's! There was no football as bad as what the Whitecaps play, even in non league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0