Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
cdbasso

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of drama it seems this year. To many cliques and culturally divided were points brought up. Playing for themselves and not the club. Lots of stuff the shows poor management and scouting. Lenarduzzi also said he isn’t going anwhywre, neither is the club Bob. Should be a fun offseason. I also saved a 100% on season tickets by giving them up years ago. Great decision.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The southsiders who publicly posted a tirade against him for allowing his rainbow pride armband to slide under his sleeve and demanded he donate to some charity to make up for it

I’m confused. Waston had the armband “issue” didn’t he? And he is the one making the statement regarding a Two faced person. Is he talking about himself?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I kind of feel like asking for a refund on last years season tickets after listening to all the interviews. What I don't like is how Bobby keeps insisting that player decisions are the coaches and not his and Greg's. Basically excusing themselves from any blame and it was all on the coaches and players. The club needs to clean house and get proper leadership from the top. No way the media would let the front office off the hook so easy if it was the Canucks.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also it shows the quality of Davies that he did so well in what seems to be a toxic environment and it's good to see him out.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m confused. Waston had the armband “issue” didn’t he? And he is the one making the statement regarding a Two faced person. Is he talking about himself?

There was an only an issue because the Southsiders made it one... without actually talking directly to him about it. They claim to support him and the team, and then turn around and publicly shame him without giving him any chance to tell his side of the story. Seems pretty two faced to me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was an only an issue because the Southsiders made it one... without actually talking directly to him about it. They claim to support him and the team, and then turn around and publicly shame him without giving him any chance to tell his side of the story. Seems pretty two faced to me.
This.

I don’t love the way Waston has gone off, but given the SS situation, can you blame him? I remember saying at the time that I’d ask out then and there if it weren’t for a loyalty to see things through for my teammates.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are going in this society from one extremity to the other one, completely opposite, very quickly.

One thing is to expect everyone to accept various minority groups and give every right to those groups (all that is fine) but entirely different thing is to request from Waston (who is apparently a devout Catholic) to put rainbow armband without giving a thought how it may affect his beliefs, religion, etc. and then publicly castrate him when that armband slipped under his sleeve, request apology, donation, or whatever else was listed in that public letter from Southsiders.

So, Deza, you are probably right when you mentioned that situation with Southsiders and who Waston may be referring to. But, who knows? Based on comments from Whitecaps' players it seems that there are numerous other issues within that organization. Where are the owners? Any comments from them?

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In addition, interesting how Dalrymple is saying that there is a bright future because more "home made" products are coming up. Really? Alphonso Davies learned soccer in Alberta and came to BC when he was 14 (then following year got a chance to play for Whitecaps which is good but example with Davies should not be now used to suddenly rave about Whitecaps development program when we all know how many LOCAL players made it to the first team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he’s referring to Colyn, and the likes of Bair, Baldisimo, and Norman. He’s taking the opportunity to promote the players he’s been coaching for the last 5 years. Because, FFS, Robo sure didn’t give them a chance. I hope he’s right.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their academy has been going for about twenty years now. It has produced exactly zero actually homegrown players. Zero. Let that sink in...

The full time Residency program has been running since 2008. I know because my 92's had 12 going to the program. They were the guinea pigs of the program in my opinion and maybe pursuing other options at that time would have been better for some. Thomas Neindorf implemented the original program. He had a falling out with the powers to be about the ultimate objectives and it evolved into what we have today. However, the program of late, and the lack of "homegrown" players has more to do with issues beyond the actual Residency program. The 1st team style compared to the Residency style? Not even close. Residency play a better brand. They are perennial powers in the MLS Academy Leagues. So, I question the opportunities and levity given to our youth players when pitted against some of the pros we have brought in.

The latest developments reaffirms to me that the culture divide within the 1st team is real, but so is the divide between the programs within the club. Someone hasn't been doing their job very well in establishing the culture. Starts at the top in most organizations.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their academy has been going for about twenty years now. It has produced exactly zero actually homegrown players. Zero. Let that sink in...

This is what I’ve been saying; the residency teams are typically- as Balls pointed out- powerhouses. That’s no fluke. Why hasn’t the club been able to transition any of them 8nto the 1st team? I see it as a total disconnect and it’s obvious from Craig’s well veiled comments that Robo had no interest or intent on actually playing the kids. Good fcuking riddance. Look8ng forward to seeing what MDS has planned .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0