Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice result today. Glad to see a new formation. Davies and Kamara worked well together. Thought it was a solid 80 minutes with a very sketchy last 10. Even thought Tiebert played well today, made some nice switches. Reyna held the ball well. Jerseys looked very sharp as well. Hopefully it keeps getting better.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kamara wins almost all balls in the air! He’s got hops and seems to float. He could have had a hatty today, a very nice showing.

Tiebert was great. Good distribution to the wingers and his chips/loft crosses were on point. Always showing for the ball and not as many needless negative back passes. Hopefully he maintains that level of play.

I wasn’t too impressed with Juarez. Seemed a bit slow and touch was off. Might just be a fitness issue.

Lots of positives from the game!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Maund is the best the Whitecaps can find to play with Waston they are in for a long season. Way out of sorts on the goal against and lost Mancosu again minutes later when they should have tied it.

Lots of almost moments in attack for the Caps offensive weapons though so that bodes well as you have to think that chemistry is only going to improve.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maund is only going to be a backup, same as last season. Aja will take his spot soon. Also both the mancosu goal and missed chance came from nerwinski getting beat 1v1 by lovitz who the found the open man that maund couldn't track.

Only problem is I'm not sure Aja will be much better o_O

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maund is only going to be a backup, same as last season. Aja will take his spot soon. Also both the mancosu goal and missed chance came from nerwinski getting beat 1v1 by lovitz who the found the open man that maund couldn't track.

Only problem is I'm not sure Aja will be much better o_O
True. But did you see our keeper's total fail coming over to try to save their goal? He went flying out of bounds...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
True. But did you see our keeper's total fail coming over to try to save their goal? He went flying out of bounds...

Yeah, he definitely overplayed that one.

So if Aja can't do better than Maund, it sounds like the Caps will also have David Edgar on the roster shortly. They just did some TAM/GAM trade which I believe was to facilitate that signing.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little off topic but how is Piette in the national team set up? He's terrible and overweight. He has two gears; slow and slower! :smuggrin:

Tiebert > Piette

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice result today. Glad to see a new formation. Davies and Kamara worked well together. Thought it was a solid 80 minutes with a very sketchy last 10. Even thought Tiebert played well today, made some nice switches. Reyna held the ball well. Jerseys looked very sharp as well. Hopefully it keeps getting better.
Jerseys, your talkin about jerseys?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
last week RT was much better than usual - less giveaways, only overran a tackle once or twice, a couple of really nice balls out wide... still way too many backwards balls, but we should only ask so much... all that said, Montreal is absolutely tragic, especially their all-Canadian right side... as for Piette, I don't know what game you could have been watching to suggest that RT is > than him; for me he was one of their few quality players, asked to do far too much far too often and generally did a capable job notwithstanding. Piatti must be wondering what his exit strategy is...

hate the Parker trade. If you're prepared to go 3/1.4, why not shitcan Hurtado and Teibert and spend the dough to go 3/1.8 and keep him happy... in two years Felipe will be gone, as will the allocation money and international roster spot, and Parker will be a perennial all-star. Brilliant.

it's weird that they don't want to look at Shea at left back... that's where he started way back when in Dallas, and where he's always seemed most comfortable... not suggesting he's going to be a saviour back there, but why not try it.

Kamara sure looks full value for the trade - love his work ethic up there... a little concerned that their other DP doesn't seem to be in the top 11 thus far...

As I write this, Daso compares RT to Laba.... you know better than that Nick!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
last week RT was much better than usual - less giveaways, only overran a tackle once or twice, a couple of really nice balls out wide... still way too many backwards balls, but we should only ask so much... all that said, Montreal is absolutely tragic, especially their all-Canadian right side... as for Piette, I don't know what game you could have been watching to suggest that RT is > than him; for me he was one of their few quality players, asked to do far too much far too often and generally did a capable job notwithstanding. Piatti must be wondering what his exit strategy is...

<div class='fluid-width-video-wrapper'><iframe width='100%' height='0' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen src='https://www.mlssoccer.com/iframe-vi...d=default&brightcove_account_id=5530036774001'></iframe></div>

lol. I don't see much out of Piette and never have. If we're comparing Tiebert and Piette on the day then for sure Tiebert > Piette. They played the same position. The highlights above only show a couple of moments of either player but at 27 seconds that is one horror touch from Piette to gift Kamara a clear look on goal.

At 1:06 Tiebert starts the play with a nice ball out wide, a less confident player might have passed that to De Jong and maybe that play doesn't even start. The ball is played out wide and Piette is running right beside Kamara but doesn't track him. The ball is then swung in and Kamara scores the beauty header with Piette in his dust. Now I'm not suggesting Piette would or should have won that header but a little bit of pressure could have made a difference.

Anyways, he's just a bit lazy for me and yes I'd pick Tiebert over him based on the season opener.

As I type this, your boy Brek just scored! Go cap Go!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shea has been clutch for the Whitecaps with killer away goals. That's about all he's been good for however and to have DP money tied up in a super-sub, I can't think that is a long term strategy for the Caps given they are so budget conscious.

Piette is shambolic and I have never understood why CSA rates him so highly. I remember when he made his debut for Canada and I was thinking who the f*ck is this plug. CMNT carried him for years with "Unattached" next to his name on their roster, which is an absolute travesty for a national program but I won't get into that here. He's finally landed in MLS where he likely can do a job, though I wouldn't expect to see him starting on any team that considers itself a contender. As for Tiebert, I haven't exactly been inspired by him either over the years but, gun to my head, I have to pick one of them, I'd take Teibert every time.

Houston were the better team on the night tonight and the stats show that, along with the way the game played out if you watched it. That being said, the only stat that matters read 2-1 Vancouver at the final whistle. Dynamo probably deserved something for that one and if they knicked a draw at the death I think you would have been hard pressed to argue that they weren't full value for at least a point. That's why they play the games though; well done to the boys for going 2-0.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know that RT does any better marking Kamara than Piette did... I've also never been able to get over the dough that they pay RT, that's the truly shambolic part...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps need to get over the Waston decision... tough to really tell on the video review given how much flopping goes on in the box, but for me it was a clumsy challenge and worthy of the PK... but that's it... on the other hand, the story floating around the internet about how the Caps do with that particular referee is... unnerving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts