Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn’t see it, but from all I’ve read on that match, his sub for Juarez, and his play, were huge influencers in a positive second half. In other words, it seems everyone else but you thinks he had a good match. In addition, his record this season has been quite good as a starter.

Dunno man....I think you have a bit of a RT Hard On you are ashamed of, don’t want to admit, and want to go away. So you tell yourself you can’t stand his play, but secretly you want it, covet it, must have it.

The evidence is in, laddies and gentlemen of the jury.

Bollocks. The only positive thing about his 45 minutes was that it knocked Juarez off the park. He ran around like an idiot, per usual, leaving Felipe to do the dirty work all alone in the middle, much like with Laba and Koffie before. Hurtado I've actually come around on - he looks like he might actually be figuring it out between the ears, and I'll admit I never saw that coming. RT, forget it.

Love seeing Adukebe and Tim Parker just giving it to Lenarduzzi. And the story about the 80% of the players coming through one agent just explains so much about this organization.

They need to scorched earth the committee worse than BC forests...

Baldisimo is quality - as were his brothers - but you're asking a lot for him to do anything this year or next...

Finally, the comment about Froese and Bustos being highly rated? Yeah, by the Caps and by themselves... neither counts for much...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At that academy level, if you are a top performer on a top team, you are rated. What happens going forward is up to the club and player, safe to say both were self-entitled players and the club failed in progressing them. Kids don't adopt that sort of attitude on their own, it's spoon fed to them, and somewhere along the line a coach failed to break them. Therefore, I put their failure 100% on the club, the product was there to be molded.

Back to your hatred of RT, still don't get it. I think most reasonable people would say he's a good depth midfielder, a guy that you use in a pinch when your A guys can't go. That's his role. So happens, I think the WFC A guys are Filipe and Juarez. Filipe, you are right he does a lot of good dirty work, but he's slow to close down and that has led to a lot of passes into dangerous areas, or clear opportunities from the top of the 18. Honestly, RT has been better in that area, even if he's still a weak tackler. Juarez, if you are going to tell me that he's currently a better player than RT, you are truly daft.

Everything else you say proves you aren't a complete softheaded ballsack, yeah, scorched earth sounds perfect to me. The details coming out about the "scouting" process are diabolical. What a racket that has tuned into. Problem is, obviously Robo had club support on this, are they really that cheap? Wait, don't answer.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was careful not to say anything good about Juarez. His 45 minutes was diabolically bad; combined with his discipline issues I would be releasing him and eating the cap hit at this point if I were the Caps. RT was an improvement in the sense that a potted plant coming in for Juarez would have been the same on Saturday.

I don't "hate" RT. He works hard. He's not a moper like most of the squad, and he'd be a great club ambassador and captain were his abilities about three levels higher than they actually are. Nothing against him personally - he's just not remotely good enough.

Re closing down at the top of the 18 - I find that to be one RT's most egregious areas of weakness... it's in the defensive third that his headless chicken routine is most pronounced, and it's frequently the guy he should have been watching that ends up in a position to, and actually does, finish...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, not quite reading what I'm writing...

He's better at it than Felipe, for sure. Juarez, LOL. Ghazal is better- I think- than either of those two as a holder, but he plays a pure holding / release ball to nearest teammate role. Long limbs and an absolute focus on defending helps that I guess. This is why I'd like to see DNJ get some time, let's see if he can quickly get to at least Ghazal level, but perhaps maybe even a bit more box-to-box, and displace someone like RT...maybe even bully his way into that starting HM role.

Where we disagree is I guess you feel RT is at about the PDL level, I feel he's developed into a competent 2nd string central midfielder. A relief guy. Give him a role and he'll be pretty good, but not the ultimate destroyer, not the guy who's going to lead the attack either. Competent.

Jesus, the way you talk you'd figure he's not even of USL caliber, and that's simply not even close to the actual truth. Thus, you are blinded by some sort of weird hate on- jealousy of hair likely, jealousy he made it as an actual professional footballer- not sure.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
my professional footballing ambitions went by the wayside the moment i touched a football. there's no jealousy; just a willingness to call it how it is. if you watch the goals the whitecaps concede with him on the pitch, an inordinate number can be directly traced back to a mistake he made. that's not a feeling; that's fact. so i'll place his level this way - do I think he'd be a star, someone who stood out in a positive manner at the USL level? not a chance...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my professional footballing ambitions went by the wayside the moment i touched a football. there's no jealousy; just a willingness to call it how it is. if you watch the goals the whitecaps concede with him on the pitch, an inordinate number can be directly traced back to a mistake he made. that's not a feeling; that's fact. so i'll place his level this way - do I think he'd be a star, someone who stood out in a positive manner at the USL level? not a chance...

Well it's a good thing you're not a scout!

I said it before and @Dude reiterated it recently, when RT starts games our record speaks for itself.

And if you're talking about players who make mistakes leading up to goals then look no further than the wonder boy Davies. His offensive brilliance outweighs the fact that he can't defend. And I'm not talking about tracking back. I mean defend. It's frustrating to watch him lose his mark off of the play. He got twisted in and out at the All Star game too. Just calling it how it is.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's a good thing you're not a scout!

I said it before and @Dude reiterated it recently, when RT starts games our record speaks for itself.

And if you're talking about players who make mistakes leading up to goals then look no further than the wonder boy Davies. His offensive brilliance outweighs the fact that he can't defend. And I'm not talking about tracking back. I mean defend. It's frustrating to watch him lose his mark off of the play. He got twisted in and out at the All Star game too. Just calling it how it is.

You're delusional about RT.

Davies is 17 years old; think Bayern might be aware that he will have gotten away with some bad habits in MLS that he will need breaking of?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just think the dude is having a good year. Better than Felipe and Juarez imo.

But if I were too compare him to other guys we’ve had then he’s definitely not getting in the starting lineup with likes of Morales, Laba, KoffIe etc who we’d all luv to have right about now.

And I wasn’t comparing RT and Davies...that would be DELUSIONAL.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take it back, Caps are dynamite with RT in the starting lineup...

A little bit of premature ejaculation...and I do mean ejaculation. You would have loved it if the Caps lost tonight with RT starting! :wa:

3-2 comeback win for the Caps! :D

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
truth told I'd love for them to win it all, which makes it all the more frustrating when they insist on self-harm...

RT was in his usual spot, too deep to do anything useful in the midfield but not deep enough to actually be of any help in the box... Ghazal seemed to make a real difference...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of the subs played good(Ghazal,Hurtado,Mezquida). Mezquida added that little bit of energy when he came on and Reyna, who had a sub-par first half, turned it up in the second.

@mtkb , you're surely taking the piss about RT by now. lol.

For me he was a player who only made safe passes and almost always a negative pass to a player who's now more confident in spraying the ball from one side to the other and looking for the positive forward pass to the more creative players. He's getting there imo.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT is consistent in what he gives. Where Felipe and others have not been. Players play roles. I don’t think Robo is asking RT to be an assist machine and play balls that break lines. His role is to sit deep at times. Press balls quickly and work his ass off in the middle of the park breaking up plays. I don’t see much wrong with it if the others are able to do their job around him.

Hurtado always had the work ethic and legs. Two things you can’t teach guys. I’m happy to see him getting minutes and never giving up over then past year of never being a regular. I love his work rate and hunt when he is on. He can hold up a ball and win the foot races deep in the final 3rd to keep us in possession. I rather see him and RT play with their want and passion than a Morales trotting around the field. Any day. Win or lose.

Also glad to see a Canadian playing over washed up guys from another country. RT deserves to be on the pitch with this squad. Years of work and loyalty to the club and he is getting rewarded for it. (I sound like Robo now lol)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all know RT is limited at the top level. However from all accounts he is the fittest player on the team and he’s pretty tidy in possession. As Lion said he doesn’t break lines to often but does Kante for France and Chelsea(I know he’s more advanced this year). Lots of players in that role play a very simple game now. It allows your front 5 to play with a little more freedom and cheat on the counter attack.

It’s just funny to see everyone complain about the lack of Canadians getting chances and then bash one that’s worked his ass off and kept his head down working for his chance. Canada is miles behind in the world game, RT is kind of the level of player we produce. Works hard, average on the ball and lacks creativity. He’s Canadian. My bet is if they interviewed him he’d start talking about how all 4 lines were firing.

All these academies and extras coached by the same local people that lacked creativity and the extra level themselves. But parents pay top dollar for them to produce the exact same kind of player we’ve always produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0