Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, great news for Davies, his family, and the Caps. Bad news for supporters for reasons stated above.

Very, very interested to see what happens in the near future. Robo has clearly lost his room, and Lion, I don't care how many times you say "it's the players". Yeah, it's the players, but they are lead by a manager. Anyways, I'd like a thorough house cleaning, and with that, 3 or 4 players simply released / traded / loaned out / shelved a la Williams / don't care as long as I don't see them wearing Caps gear again.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that only 7 or 8 current Whitecaps have contracts that extend through 2019.

Unfortunately one of them is Juarez...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that only 7 or 8 current Whitecaps have contracts that extend through 2019.

Unfortunately one of them is Juarez...

So what?

Park him for the rest of this year. Not a minute of time. Live with your bad signing. Try and offload him in the MLS off season, and maybe the rest of this season via MLS trade. If you can't, keep him out of the squad. Simple. He'll force the issue if he's not happy, and they can mutually terminate the contract. Or, Caps simply buy it out.

As a supporter, I just don't care how you deal with this guy, he's been a massive disappointment on nearly all fronts, and add to that two very stupid red cards. I get being passionate. I get being fired up. But fcuk me...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, he is slowly losing me as well. Even me!
Just not a consistent energy/vibe from the team. They don’t seem mentally prepared for some of these matches. Or mentally really in to the games. Turned on and focused.
It seems the club seems happy and feel successful cause of Davies and selling on a Canadian talent. ALL their energy seems to be on that right now. Robo and the club will hang their hat on that for a while. But for us fans, club success is winning.

All I’m saying. Is we change the coach. I don’t think the results change. One bit. Lots of disappointments on this team.

Where is Waston this season? I feel he has barely played and made an impact as our big captain.

If your best players are not playing as your “best players” then most likely your going to lose. Your leaders and top players have to perform to win. But perhaps coach isn’t getting through to them. Or they have tuned him out. But either way, they simply are not good enough to win lots in this league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I know is this: they have all but lost me. I am one of those "always have been" a Whitecaps guy. I didn't grow up in a footballing household, I was it in my family. The Caps were all I knew, and when I met Carl Valentine as a kid, I was hooked after.

I have never, ever supported any other team, except our pathetic Canadian squad.

That being said, I will support wherever AD goes going in. I close friends in Hanover have asked me to send Canada AD jerseys, as there is no way in hell they'll wear a Beyern Jersey when they come to town. Me, looking forward to the road trip, I'll wear my Canada AD Shirt. Coming @utah ?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My sources tell me the majority of money from this transfer has already been spent and will go towards the owners divorce Settlement and what ever is left over will be applied to Robbo and Lenny's performance bonuses. :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking a nice watch, with the inscription, "Thank you, Bobby!", and a pink slip along with.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Per CBC:

Davies — affectionately known by his teammates and Whitecaps staff as Fonzie — joined the Whitecaps residency program in 2015. Because he's a "homegrown player," the team will keep the entire transfer fee.

The deal is a landmark for the Whitecaps, the MLS and Canada, said the team's co-owner, Jeff Mallett.

"Alphonso is an inspirational example of what is possible, and we are excited about how this transfer showcases our commitment to homegrown players for our club and country," he said in a statement, adding that the ownership group is "committed to investing 100 per cent of the funds back into the sporting side of the club."

I'll believe it when I see it...

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Bobbaduzzi mentioned in a recent interview our goal is to be a development club. Thats fine but it only works if your consistently top of the league. You can develop but where is the infrastructure, and who are you developing? 1 strike does not a golden boot make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0