Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF 5-1 Mission

Weird game. The second half has been played in their half yet every time we give the ball away or their keeper makes a save they go down the field and score with their pace on the counter. Frustrating game, as we could easily have lead them by 3 or 4 goals if not for their keeper. Ffs

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF 5-1 Mission

Weird game. The second half has been played in their half yet every time we give the ball away or their keeper makes a save they go down the field and score with their pace on the counter. Frustrating game, as we could easily have lead them by 3 or 4 goals if not for their keeper. Ffs

Jesus, 4 goals playing with a man down. Ouch!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus, 4 goals playing with a man down. Ouch!

5 goals. 6-2 final.

Honestly them getting a red was the worst thing for us. First half we scored early, and was tight defensively. Neither team created much but we had the better of the chances in the first. They scored on mistake from our keeper, then took a red late in the half.

Second half we started with them hanging on, and if not for their keeper it could have been 4-1 to us. Then they got one against the run of the play, then it seemed every time we gave the ball away they poured down the field with pace and scored. We were still getting chances but didn’t put anything away until it was already 6-1.

As strange as it sounds we were more in this game than the one we won last week. Figure that out.

Soccer4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 goals. 6-2 final.

Honestly them getting a red was the worst thing for us. First half we scored early, and was tight defensively. Neither team created much but we had the better of the chances in the first. They scored on mistake from our keeper, then took a red late in the half.

Second half we started with them hanging on, and if not for their keeper it could have been 4-1 to us. Then they got one against the run of the play, then it seemed every time we gave the ball away they poured down the field with pace and scored. We were still getting chances but didn’t put anything away until it was already 6-1.

As strange as it sounds we were more in this game than the one we won last week. Figure that out.

Besides Mission’s first goal at the beginning of the game, which came because of defensive mistakes, and a very good chance off of the free kick where the red card happened, the whole half was controlled by Lupi. Possession could have been 70-30. Given, Lupi did score a lucky goal to even up the game, but the vast majority of the chances were owned by Lupi.

Again at the beginning of the second half Mission had a couple of very good chances and without a couple great saves from our keeper they could have been up. After that Lupi took control. Mission had no answer to the Lupi attacks, and scored 5 unanswered goals with 10 men. Mission then finally scored their second in garbage time.

I usually don’t say anything but I needed to correct @4thplacetrophy analysis. I don’t know what game he was watching

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides Mission’s first goal at the beginning of the game, which came because of defensive mistakes, and a very good chance off of the free kick where the red card happened, the whole half was controlled by Lupi. Possession could have been 70-30. Given, Lupi did score a lucky goal to even up the game, but the vast majority of the chances were owned by Lupi.

Again at the beginning of the second half Mission had a couple of very good chances and without a couple great saves from our keeper they could have been up. After that Lupi took control. Mission had no answer to the Lupi attacks, and scored 5 unanswered goals with 10 men. Mission then finally scored their second in garbage time.

I usually don’t say anything but I needed to correct @4thplacetrophy analysis. I don’t know what game he was watching

Controlling possession and creating chances are two very different things. All your chances in the first half were shots from 30-35 yards, nothing worrying to us. Where as we did get a few chances. If not then why did your guy get a red for taking down our striker as last man back. You controlled possession but never really broke us down. Other than that you basically agreed with what I said, we could have had a decent lead if not for your keeper. Overall you guys are a very solid team, and I wouldn’t be surprised if you won provincials but having 70% possession doesn’t win you games. You won as we got caught in a trap of thinking that because you had 10 men we could score freely. If it was 11 vs 11 we probably still would have lost in the end tbf to you guys but I don’t think it would have been 6-2.

Anyways congrats to the remaining teams.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rough round for the FVSL losing 4 teams, with only Red Devils advancing from an all FVSL matchup.

RASA and BMSL looking very strong this season with 2 teams left each; though the two BMSL sides will meet next round.

VMSL is left with a team on either side of the bracket and Powell River is the lone remaining VISL team, though another home draw for them in the next round.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rough round for the FVSL losing 4 teams, with only Red Devils advancing from an all FVSL matchup.

RASA and BMSL looking very strong this season with 2 teams left each; though the two BMSL sides will meet next round.

VMSL is left with a team on either side of the bracket and Powell River is the lone remaining VISL team, though another home draw for them in the next round.

How the tides turn. FVSL came out hot in the first round just to drop a big deuce in the 2nd. I'm putting my money on the All-Blacks.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OOPS. Old man moment.

I will stick up for @4thplacetrophy, all his game reports are usually bang on. I wasn't at the Dynamo game so thus no report there. I thought the FVSL had it this year, we seem to crumble under the pressure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts