Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sending this one to @Dude so his team can practice passing....

just saying....then you wonder why USA and Canada are not in the World Cup. Here soccer is just a means to pass bourgeoisie and petite bourgeoisie values to children. This is why here they lack the grit and determination to succeed at higher levels. Soccer is the game of the poor, but here it is the game of the suburbs. Nothing wrong. Just saying that until the poor and marginalized embrace the game here, we can forget about developing players with heart and determination.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't know any of that. You are saying what you hope (or more specifically what you hope others will think) happened because this is an embarrassment to your beloved league and the team involved. So the league forged his name without his permission you want us to believe. If that is the case, that compounds the bush league smell to this whole thing. This isn't pompous and call me names if that makes you feel better, it doesn't strengthen your point and I suppose it is another comment. I am not targeting any one person or a team. The fact is something happened here, and it sure looks like the plan was to benefit Aldergrove, and de facto the Fraser Valley league. I am just calling bullshit on your entrenched spin on this. I am saying it stinks bad, and when it does, lift up your foot and look at your heel.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always fun dealing with BC Soccer….Lots of rumours, falsehoods and innuendos over this forum the past few days and I’ll offer up what happened with us.
  • It was not an easy decision to go ahead to file the protest, after much deliberation we did so within 48 hrs (timing apparently doesn’t matter – you can file whenever, wherever).
  • A major factor in doing so was our opponent filing a protest against us a couple of years ago. There was no man to man discussion when they filed, nor is it my job to tell another team how to run and organize their squad.
  • The protest questioned two players. One player we weren’t so sure about but the other we were pretty certain he didn’t have the proper documentation.
  • I read on this thread that the manager from the BCT Tigers United team provided the proper documentation to BC Soccer and the protest was denied and we filed an appeal. Simply not true. No proper documentation was provided.
  • Ballbaby has been spot on with his comments. Teams are responsible to do their due diligence on players and the ITC, Pro to Amateur status filing is here to stay.
  • I have zero sympathy for teams that neglect to do so, its a slap in the face for teams that do abide by those rules and several do. As a result, the negligent teams should be penalized...and that goes for every team including ours.
Here is the kicker:
  • We got BC Soccer’s final decision on Thursday afternoon saying: “according to Canada Soccer’s records, and records obtained from the DFB (German National Association), this player has been registered in Germany since 2012; however, we have confirmation from Canada Soccer that because there is no record of issuing an outgoing ITC to Germany for this player, his registration still resides in Canada”.
  • In essence what BC Soccer is saying is that a player registered in two jurisdictions is eligible to play. We totally disagree and believe he should be ineligible in both Canada and Germany. You simply can't be signed in two leagues/jurisdictions.
  • BC Soccer didn’t provide any rules/articles/clauses that defends the merits of their decision. In my opinion, it still leaves the BCT Tigers team exposed. There are FIFA rules to back that up. You can not be singed in two jurisdictions.
Bottom Line: whenever you have a player that comes from overseas or another division or another jurisdiction – get the proper documentation completed. I can see this coming up again via Canada Soccer/Nationals etc. I do not know the details of the previous protests but this is what happened with ours.

Regardless, its been a cluster and in my opinion there has to be better transparency from BC Soccer and the respective teams have to take ownership on getting the proper paperwork completed – even if it’s a grey area. In closing, I think BC Soccer’s decision was meritless but one with the least collateral damage – for now.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman I wrote out this long response to you but thought better idea come see me at the VMSL AGM like a man instead of hiding behind a computer and being the keyboard warrior you are.

People on here know me. My integrity is in tact. You lost on the pitch stop trying to justify whatever it is you are trying to justify.

For the record I did approach Peg before the game two years ago to let you know cj was on the suspended list Kevin Deliba was there to witness. We won 5-0 that night I wasn’t going to protest but after your management team dared me to after that game, I did. This was two years ago! LOL grow up!

PS you have an illegal player with no ITC but for the record I didn’t protest. I produced the proper paperwork the above said player never registered in Germany 3 letters produced by coach, owner of the German club, and fifa agent. “As a minor with no EU passport he was not allowed to register overseas therefore was sent home.” What don’t you understand about “not allowed to register outside of Canada and was sent home”? He was 17 and a minor. If this was a big issue why didn’t you protest him at all till this Provincial Cup game after all he has been with us for 4 years.

I won’t be responding anymore to your posts like I said come see me at the AGM, man up we can have a chat there.

We have a Provincial Cup semi final to prepare for.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman I wrote out this long response to you but thought better idea come see me at the VMSL AGM like a man instead of hiding behind a computer and being the keyboard warrior you are.

People on here know me. My integrity is in tact. You lost on the pitch stop trying to justify whatever it is you are trying to justify.

For the record I did approach Peg before the game two years ago to let you know cj was on the suspended list Kevin Deliba was there to witness. We won 5-0 that night I wasn’t going to protest but after your management team dared me to after that game, I did. This was two years ago! LOL grow up!

PS you have an illegal player with no ITC but for the record I didn’t protest. I produced the proper paperwork the above said player never registered in Germany 3 letters produced by coach, owner of the German club, and fifa agent. “As a minor with no EU passport he was not allowed to register overseas therefore was sent home.” What don’t you understand about “not allowed to register outside of Canada and was sent home”? He was 17 and a minor. If this was a big issue why didn’t you protest him at all till this Provincial Cup game after all he has been with us for 4 years.

I won’t be responding anymore to your posts like I said come see me at the AGM, man up we can have a chat there.

We have a Provincial Cup semi final to prepare for.

You need to a better job with your paperwork and get a better FIFA agent...this from BC Soccer:

"according to Canada Soccer’s records, and records obtained from the DFB (German National Association), this player has been registered in Germany since 2012..."

Signed, Keyboard Warrior

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You need to a better job with your paperwork and get a better FIFA agent...this from BC Soccer:

"according to Canada Soccer’s records, and records obtained from the DFB (German National Association), this player has been registered in Germany since 2012..."

Signed, Keyboard Warrior
You know guys at the end all this is just "growing pains". The local community is advancing in its understanding of the new international landscape.
It is difficult to determine what is going on without all the details. If you can, continue with the appeal process, everyone learns something from the experience. It is always good to have a second opinion. Best of luck, and let us know what comes out of it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs, in the Peg system you played in, was the moto, "If you can't beat them on the pitch, beat them in the backroom"? Is that how it went?

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude what happens in the back room of the Velvet Underground stays there.

I agree with Regs earlier posts that we as players only want to play against the best competition and in my opinion Rhinos had the best team in the best form coming into Provincials. BC soccer created this problem by kicking them and Aldergrove out. Rhinos were an easy target as they were openly trying to create an environment for the best young talent to play at. Don’t kid yourself if you think they are the only ones paying players. I am sure Sapperton/Hurricanes/Tigers pay one poster boy player more than the entire Rhinos roster.

I won’t get into the BS of ITC forms as I couldn’t care less. I do however find it comical that RobJ is calling out the integrity of Sandman. Sandman has more integrity in his pinky finger than you do. I am glad people on here still think you have integrity because I am not sure the people around the league feel the same way. Please let me know when the AGM is so I can mark it in my calendar.

Good luck to the Hurricanes players in the Semi Finals.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Signed, Keyboard Warrior

This from BC Soccer
“He does not need an ITC”

The purpose of the letters was to prove he was never registered in Germany. That was a document you relied on so we needed to prove it was wrong. I dot my i’s and cross my t’s. According to that document he is still living there. He must fly back and forth just to play for us lol.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with Regs earlier posts that we as players only want to play against the best competition and in my opinion Rhinos had the best team in the best form coming into Provincials. BC soccer created this problem by kicking them and Aldergrove out. Rhinos were an easy target as they were openly trying to create an environment for the best young talent to play at. Don’t kid yourself if you think they are the only ones paying players. I am sure Sapperton/Hurricanes/Tigers pay one poster boy player more than the entire Rhinos roster.

I won’t get into the BS of ITC forms as I couldn’t care less. I do however find it comical that RobJ is calling out the integrity of Sandman. Sandman has more integrity in his pinky finger than you do. I am glad people on here still think you have integrity because I am not sure the people around the league feel the same way. Please let me know when the AGM is so I can mark it in my calendar.

Not such a young punk anymore, eh?

It’s just all getting so tired....play the games. We’ll see how it goes this weekend.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in very simple terms can someone tell me what this ITC form actually protects (if that's the right word) What does it stop happening?

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Quite the accusation there. Paying players? Let me guess you don’t have any proof at all, and rely on unsubstantiated rumours, but since this is a forum you feel free to come on here and spread lies. There seems to be a recurring theme here, you guys lose, then either make up lies or try to find loopholes to steal a otherwise fair and square win. You have a good players and you have done your fair share of winning. Just because you lose to a rival doesn’t mean you have to embarrass yourself by crying foul to the league and bc soccer begging to let be let back in on a technicality. Have some class, take the loss like men and come back next year. Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0