Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard they protested, lost the protest, and are somehow appealing their loss of the protest? So, Peg lost on the field, lost in the boardroom, and are apparently protesting their loss in the boardroom.

There certainly seems to be no shortage of Bush League maneuvers to go around in this tourney.

Getting that info second hand, but I think I'm following the bouncing ball.

@robj ?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg protested BCT. As manager I always do my best to make sure proper paperwork is in. BC Soccer contacted me I produced the forms. Protest denied. Rovers move on.

Ok reading all this what I feel the need to say is this. We are amateur soccer the can of worms that has been opened I believe was not meant to be opened. If there is a legit protest or complaint you go up to the team before the game like a man and say don’t play this player he is ineligible. Don’t be fcuking slimmy and dirty and protest after losing. Be a man approach the team and say according to my research so and so is not eligible if the team insists on playing him then file if you believe you are correct otherwise take the loss like a man.

What’s happened here is so fcuking bad. Langley gets a bye in provincial quarter finals? WTF? This years cup will go down in history as the biggest cluster fcuk ever. I have exhausted 3 days that I will never get back because of this can of worms.

No wonder Soccer is not going anywhere in Canada. fcuking ITC for youth players playing overseas, or ITC for an amateur never getting paid a cent. I can understand for a pro but this rule is ridiculous.

VMSL AGM will be interesting. My view is worry about your own team, mind your own business and if you feel the need to protest be a man and tell opposing team before the game starts. Not this slime back door sour grapes shite!

@soccerstar

Initial Peg protest was denied per the above from @robj; I have no intel on an appeal.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was protested?

We have made a point of not naming the players involved in all of the protests publically as it would serve no purpose to drag individual names into this, so I will not change that now.

What I can add is that I have had a source confirm that, in fact, no ruling has yet been made on the Peg/Rovers protest, that matter is still before the judicial committee at BC Soccer. So it is the original protest, not an "appeal", that is still waiting to be ruled on. Given the timeline regarding the Rino's/Aldergrove protest last week, I would expect an announcement tomorrow morning.

soccerstar

Aug 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched FVSL Langley vs FVSL Surrey Utd -- Langley team looks in great form. We may have a surprise into Finals. Also whose responsibility is to ensure player ITC's are clear?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ITC's are here to stay. Mandated by FIFA. Especially now that Canada is applying for hosting a World Cup, they may be more diligent than ever. But the leagues can certainly make the process easy for volunteers in the game. My experiences are that the peopl
Just send off all the forms and questions to @Ballbaby on here he will take care of them for all the teams.

What a mess!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loos like right around the time that I was posting to say that the protest was still under review, BC Soccer was informing the teams that the protest had officially be rejected.

Apparently, if I understand correctly, the Rovers player in question had left Canada to play overseas for two years and then returned. Rovers Tigers did not have an ITC on file for the player upon his return, however, it appears that the overseas team never processed his ITC paperwork either. Therefore, the entire time he was playing overseas he was technically ineligible, but was actually always eligible to play in Canada.

Just in case we thought the rest of the world was in lock step with this ITC stuff...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loos like right around the time that I was posting to say that the protest was still under review, BC Soccer was informing the teams that the protest had officially be rejected.

Apparently, if I understand correctly, the Rovers player in question had left Canada to play overseas for two years and then returned. Rovers Tigers did not have an ITC on file for the player upon his return, however, it appears that the overseas team never processed his ITC paperwork either. Therefore, the entire time he was playing overseas he was technically ineligible, but was actually always eligible to play in Canada.

Just in case we thought the rest of the world was in lock step with this ITC stuff...
You have to be kidding me....this is like a soap opera....

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dammit, guess that overseas soccer team didn't have a soccer mom, huh @Soccer Coach ? If they had, surely they would have remembered the paperwork.
We do not know the details. There are all sort of factors. These things are not as simple as I forgot to do the paperwork. At this moment if someone is not doing ITC's properly, then there is some funny business going on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know enough. Clearly they were cheaters, and clearly they had inferior Soccer Moms, according to the way you see things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0