Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to work for a guy named Mike Head when I was a teenager. He didn't appreciate being called Mr. Head.

True Story.

(No relation to Gord).
I guess the current players on the island don’t read TTP
Reg you might need to have banners at all Provincial games
We had a streaker in Victoria 12 years ago
She jumped out of a van a cameraman was there so it was a setup not sure if it was local tv station

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Connor Hildebrant transferd to any one of the top 7 Vmsl prem teams he would have played with a much higher level of players
With excellent passing
SHOT FIRED

It's interesting that I think you guys get to meet in competition now. Two young, fast teams that like to score? Sounds like a fun one to watch, hopefully it's a good match!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's interesting that I think you guys get to meet in competition now. Two young, fast teams that like to score? Sounds like a fun one to watch, hopefully it's a good match!
I think we are faster Brett played for me a few years ago when he was college in Vancouver excellent striker

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear you are a fast and young, talented squad. Again, should be a good game to watch. Too bad I won't be in town. Looks like you'd be the clear favorite with more goals scored per game, less goals allowed, and in a tougher league. Over the past few weeks of the season and Cup play Aldy has been playing far better, so who really knows.

Someone here wrote Brett was injured earlier this season, possibly for the balance of the year...but beyond reading that rumor no idea. He's nowhere on the Golden Boot chart, so definitely would suspect injured for a big part of the season at least.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually agree.

Hopefully the teams from the First Best league and Second Best league actually perform like it this year, instead of leaving it to Inter to save face (at least, for the First Best league, that is) after Teams from the Third Best league took two spots in the semis.

I mean, could they possibly underperform as badly two years on the trot? Not likely.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually agree.

Hopefully the teams from the First Best league and Second Best league actually perform like it this year, instead of leaving it to Inter to save face (at least, for the First Best league, that is) after Teams from the Third Best league took two spots in the semis.

I mean, could they possibly underperform as badly two years on the trot? Not likely.

I should really stay out of this....however....

Of the 7 VMSL teams in the competition last season 4 were eliminated by fellow VMSL teams and then another won the whole competition. Only Rovers Tigers and Westside were beaten by out-of-league opponents when they lost to very good Langley and Aldergrove teams respectively.

All I'm saying is if I'm hanging around on East Hastings with VMSL hookers than you've got to be on Whalley Blvd. doing the exact same thing with whatever the hell the FVSL equivalent is. I really don't like arguing with you because I think were too much alike in our passion for the local game and wanting to see things improve. Messed up part is I have lived in the Valley and still keep my toe just ever so slightly involved with the FVSL. I know lots of these guys and have seen some of their matches. I don't just blindly crusade for the VMSL, but like I said, the stats don't lie, I really can't help that.

Whatever, I took your bait and got dragged back into this. A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar I guess... I'll work on pulling the hook out of my mouth while I continue to wrestle with whether or not to pick all six VMSL teams to advance when I do my predictions... :cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think one Mr. Mills would disagree about my lips, but I digress.

Besides...the name of the site man...never forget the name of the site.

If I were to bet I’d only bet on one FVSL squad making it out of opening weekend. Surrey. As good as the draw was last year for the league it is as bad this year. But fcuk me, the VMSL-with the exception of Inter- sucked large last year. If they repeat those performances, 4 will move on....because guess what? They just weren’t any better.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome history lesson, learned a lot.

Point being: the VMSL apologists on this Forum- and there are many- love pointing out the great draw the Valley got last year. It was indeed a great draw. That being said, maybe had some of the better VMSL teams actually shown up to play, there would have been more than 2 VMSL teams in the semis. Can't expect Inter to do it all for you AGAIN, can you? Well, maybe...seems they are constantly written off, and keep coming back strong in this tourney. If the VMSL collectively plays just as shite this season, they maybe should even expect fewer in the semis than last year, because the Valley won't be punting the VISL teams for you this year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't want to bother to look it up, can you refresh me on how many times the Valley has won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0