Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Masters Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that this one is very tough to call. I am going to go with Westside 1-0 in regular time. Likely on a header. I think it should be a really good final.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well well where the haters at ?
All my respect to this league and hopefully we finally have the respect of some haters. Gonna enjoy some pints for Sir M. EDC locooooooooooooos

Probably a bit premature with my post but hey, I will post anyway.
We have been on the winning side after being outplayed but today that caught up with us. Truly felt we were the better team all day long.
All respect to Chile.....no goals allowed in the Provincials and they lifted the trophy. All respect to Souza, but how the Chile keeper doesn’t get MVP is beyond me. He was the difference by a country mile.
We had the chances to win it and I thought the goal came against the run of play...that’s football. Today was there to be won for us.....we just fell a wee bit short and weren’t clinical enough. Obviously.

We will be back and probably a bit younger.....here’s hoping anyway.

Congrats Chile. Hamstring is well and truly buggered now but might have one more year in me.

DB. ✌

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile had some great chances in the first half and probably deserved to be ahead. Westside had created a bit and maybe had more possession but certainly Bestie was the busier of the keepers.

Second half was all Westside except for the Chile goal. Once they got the lead they parked 10 or 11 players behind the ball at all times. The keeper was on fire for EDC and definitely made the difference. That being said De Souza was a strong shout for MVP given he was everywhere on the pitch and it was his cross that bore the only goal of the match.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile had some great chances in the first half and probably deserved to be ahead. Westside had created a bit and maybe had more possession but certainly Bestie was the busier of the keepers.

Second half was all Westside except for the Chile goal. Once they got the lead they parked 10 or 11 players behind the ball at all times. The keeper was on fire for EDC and definitely made the difference. That being said De Souza was a strong shout for MVP given he was everywhere on the pitch and it was his cross that bore the only goal of the match.

Definitely fair that Besty was busier in the first half but there wasn't much danger for us or for a lad that doesn't play in goal. As I've said, we have been the winning team where we have been outplayed (ask W Van ;)) and yesterday caught up with us. Really proud to play with the 'team that won't go away' and you're right mate, being 'too old and too injured' never bothers us. It is the first time that this group has ever lost a final together and even at our ripe age, we will learn from this. Congrats again to @La Wara and the rest of Chile. It's good for the league that a new team is coming through but to a man, they were not the better team yesterday. Again, that's football.

As for MVP; If, by your logic, crossing the ball for the winner is enough for man of the match, then I need to rethink football. The lad that scored the header was our only worry all day and had a great game. The Chile keeper was MOTM going away. De Souza, while a hell of a player, was good in their half but never caused us grief at any point. Respectably, he was a non-issue.

....and that is all she wrote. Have a great summer ya shower of shite. We'll be back next next year. That, I can absolutely promise you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0