Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Margin, not margarine. God, I'd explain it to you, but no offense, you are the stupidest man alive, and I doubt you'd ever grasp the concept. FML.

Besides, that brand doesn't work for me. Too orange, and a hidden ingredient happens to be Big Bag ball gravy, a by product from the whole process. Not for me. You get fat just looking at the stuff.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh come on. You have a hate hard-on for RT like no other. Completely off the deep end on your assessment. Let's not start lying to each other now.

Don't hate him - he puts the effort in, unlike many of the DP's they've brought in over the years... I just think he's absolute shite at the MLS level...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea what to make of this crew.

Overall, I don't buy the line of thinking we don't have the quality of players. I think in terms of quality it's about where their salary is, top 3rd.

The coaching certainly isn't, though. He can't seem to manage the team through situations where key coaching and man management decisions are necessary. When he wins, the line is "players not formations". When he loses, what's he supposed to say?

This weekend showed what happens when they put out as close to their best line-up as possible, playing in their best spots. Sure, at that moment, you finally look smart, but anyone can coach a squad of good players playing in their right spots. It's when you have to improvise where you get exposed.

Robo has been exposed far too often, yet his nice sweaters, sexy all knowing footballing accent, and baby blue eyes have got not just all the ladies in the city bamboozled, but most of the guys in the media, too- with the exception of @GoF and his staff. The media is in love with this guy, and it's puke worthy.

BTW, @GoF, when are you going to march down to The Province, tell them how shite their WFC coverage is, and demand a gig?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude your personal vendetta towards Robinson is starting to reach unhealthy levels and to think it all started when your wife admitted she thinks of him when she's with you.

Damn, First Demerit Now Robinson. You shoulda clued in when you started paying for a pool boy and you didnt even have a pool. Now Who's the stupidest man alive @Dude ?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still looking for that pool. It's even worse than paying for a lawn boy when I have a rock garden.

Like, what the actual fcuk is with that?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, I met one Mrs. Demerit at the GLC, apres ski this winter. We had sat down at adjoining tables, I hid my drool, and we enjoyed a beverage and chatting about our kids. Guess who's now on a first name basis? Take that, Jay, you handsome, charismatic dick.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, I met one Mrs. Demerit at the GLC, apres ski this winter. We had sat down at adjoining tables, I hid my drool, and we enjoyed a beverage and chatting about our kids. Guess who's now on a first name basis? Take that, Jay, you handsome, charismatic dick.

Next stop. Restraining order.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was the first official VR in the MLS. What does everyone think? Seems to me to be about the same amount of time as the Ref conferring w/ his linesmen about a call. On first glance, I'd call that a 50/50 ball. With the opportunity to see it on VR, you can spot the extra kick from the striker. As the play-by-play guy said, that's the way it's supposed to work.

Thoughts?

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2017/08/06/watch-first-ever-use-video-review-mls

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicago I presume, or Minni.

Either way, hopefully a change in venue means a change in his luck.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A needed pickup Jacobson has been okay but with the absence of Waston we are at risk with the amount of games he misses we need the depth. Would of like to of seen more especially a true box to box midfielder but with the ownerships tight approach I am not surprised

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This has me very intrigued: https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/20...n-international-central-midfielder-aly-ghazal

Seems like a poor man's Atiba? Box-to-box guy, ball winner, but possesses it properly and transitions it forward (at least, as we can see from the 2 minute highlight reel package, all we need to know, right?). Solid pedigree in a tough league. If he can dominate a midfield anywhere near as well as Atiba, could be a great link-up man for Reyna and Montero. I see this as a potential move to unload Laba. AJ and Tchani should also be on notice, but of all three, I think Tchani and AJ have made good cases this season for staying on, while Laba's star seems to have burned out.

@Regs pointed it out at the time, moving Koffie would hurt us, but seemed to have hurt Laba the worse. Spent a season lost, and the the Caps realized (like the rest of us) that the hole Koffie left actually broke up the whole effing centre of the midfield. The Tchani move was specifically to address the hole Koffie left, Robo admitted as much.

This guy Ghazal definitely appears to be more box-to-box, and this is exactly what we've been missing. Should address the possession deficiencies.

I hope...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This has me very intrigued: https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/20...n-international-central-midfielder-aly-ghazal

Seems like a poor man's Atiba? Box-to-box guy, ball winner, but possesses it properly and transitions it forward (at least, as we can see from the 2 minute highlight reel package, all we need to know, right?). Solid pedigree in a tough league. If he can dominate a midfield anywhere near as well as Atiba, could be a great link-up man for Reyna and Montero. I see this as a potential move to unload Laba. AJ and Tchani should also be on notice, but of all three, I think Tchani and AJ have made good cases this season for staying on, while Laba's star seems to have burned out.

@Regs pointed it out at the time, moving Koffie would hurt us, but seemed to have hurt Laba the worse. Spent a season lost, and the the Caps realized (like the rest of us) that the hole Koffie left actually broke up the whole effing centre of the midfield. The Tchani move was specifically to address the hole Koffie left, Robo admitted as much.

This guy Ghazal definitely appears to be more box-to-box, and this is exactly what we've been missing. Should address the possession deficiencies.

I hope...

MEH........

All the old paintings on the tombs
They do the sand dance don't you know
If they move too quick (oh whey oh)
They're falling down like a domino
All the bazaar men by the Nile
They got the money on a bet
Gold crocodiles (oh whey oh)
They snap their teeth on your cigarette
Foreign types with the hookah pipes say
Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh