Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that a couple of signings they thought they were close on to fell through. I guess Messi is happy where he is:). They said they are still trying to sign a #9 and #10 but not sure when it will get done. I do get the feeling Robbie Keene might be coming to help out his old buddy.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that a couple of signings they thought they were close on to fell through. I guess Messi is happy where he is:). They said they are still trying to sign a #9 and #10 but not sure when it will get done. I do get the feeling Robbie Keene might be coming to help out his old buddy.

That would also explain while Bobby is looking weathered these days. Coming off a week long Bender with Irishman in Dublin.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still laugh at that, when he got that haircut. "E$". What a joker. Then the value in his stock went from sky-high to pennies in a heartbeat. Couldn't buy a goal for, what, 18 months? Was sent to Norway to figure shite out? I guess he figured out he didn't like being loaned to fcuking Norway, LOL!

He's 26 this year.

The book is written on E$. He's made himself into a useful squad guy, but that's it.

E$. Classic.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado did lots of things well last season. I really think he has come a long way and can hold up a ball but also give a pacey threat.
I saw tons of balls over the top to the side of the 18 and he would win the race or battle and keep possession for the team.
Obv his finishing was terrible. But so was Riveiros. And mattocks. And every other striker we have had.
So if he could improve on the finishing side he would be a decent striker.
He could have lead the team in scoring if his finishing rate was higher. The chances were there every match he played in.

I don't think he is the answer. We do need a bonafied goal scorer and a 10. But I think Bolanos could be a good 10 with the right two in behind him.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado did lots of things well last season. I really think he has come a long way and can hold up a ball but also give a pacey threat.
I saw tons of balls over the top to the side of the 18 and he would win the race or battle and keep possession for the team.
Obv his finishing was terrible. But so was Riveiros. And mattocks. And every other striker we have had.
So if he could improve on the finishing side he would be a decent striker.
He could have lead the team in scoring if his finishing rate was higher. The chances were there every match he played in.

I don't think he is the answer. We do need a bonafied goal scorer and a 10. But I think Bolanos could be a good 10 with the right two in behind him.

Did you go the match vs NYRB? :banghead:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tie Domi comparison?

The brief time we were teammates, I don't recall Davie getting into a tackle, nevermind fisticuffs :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rain Jersey.

Do people actually get swayed by this bullshit?

"so, we embrace the rain, because when it falls, it falls together, on us all."

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rain Jersey.

Do people actually get swayed by this bullshit?

"so, we embrace the rain, because when it falls, it falls together, on us all."
Looks like a nighty. I wish the spent as much effort in signing a guy who can score, than lame hipster quotes and triangles and stripes.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ayers_Blackburn_Rovers_missed_out_in_January/

“Giles Barnes was a player we looked to take on loan with a view to signing in August, that never happened, so in January I spoke with Vancouver Whitecaps and I was in a position where we probably could have got Giles Barnes on a free transfer if we could look after the salary aspect."

hardly inspiring stuff here... what were the Caps thinking when acquiring him last season if they didn't want him and his bloated contract this year?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robbo quotes...

"The players we've got in the squad at the moment [can score]," Robinson added. "We've got Erik Hurtado, who I believe can get up to double figures. We've got Giles Barnes, who if you look at his background and history in Houston, has scored seven, nine, 11, around that area.

"I think Giles can hit 10 as well, and we brought Kyle Greig in as a sleeper really, because Kyle's scored a lot of goals in the USL. His movement's excellent and sometimes the sleepers surprise you."

Hurtado to score double digits?
#GiveMeStrength

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money