Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure what Hurtado has improved other than his haircut, and that's arguable...

I've stopped watching highlight videos of new signings. Masato Kudo looked like a clinical finisher until you looked closely and noticed that the quality of the defending was VMSL Division 1 at best... sure enough, he ended up being another swing and a miss...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I didn't mind Teibert last night. He still has absolutely no idea how to read the game, and never will, but he worked hard, got stuck in, and played a few nice balls that weren't back to the keeper... true, he had more time on the ball vs. Montreal Impact 4, but he wasn't their problem last night...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are trying so hard to be a glass half full guy but you just can't get yourself there yet.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are trying so hard to be a glass half full guy but you just can't get yourself there yet.

I think my problem is that I measure everything against how the yellow and blue clad Sixers did when I was a wee lad...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You forgot the key part of his paragraph:

.... The only problem is that playing in a forward position you're supposed to score every once in a while.

He has improved in what I'd say are the tactical parts of his game. He's way less stupid, but nobody every will accuse this guy of being the cerebral type. His skills are not improved, and won't improve. His hair, I'd say horizontal move on the improvement / diminishment scale. No better, no worse, just, Hurtado.

I'd be surprised if we ever see him on the pitch for the games again at this point, TBH.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think my problem is that I measure everything against how the yellow and blue clad Sixers did when I was a wee lad...

With all do respect to those teams you also have to factor the quality of the teams they played against.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love saying "With all due respect", because as soon as you say it, the next thing is you are disrespecting the thing or person you are supposed to be respecting.

Same goes with "No offense, but...".

I look at it this way...

The early CSL years were stocked with players that just came off the 1986 Canadian WC team, and the Canadian WC team that nearly qualified for 1994 was also stocked w/ CSL players.

It was a small league, so not watered down.

The amateur men's leagues in Canada have been consistently very good over a long period of time.

So, with all due respect, you are a complete idiot, and your argument is baseless in terms of supporting evidence.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect to your opinion your argument is the same one I have heard for a long time about the quality of players that are in our local leagues with very little proof of it being true. Players that play against lesser talent have a tendency to look better than they are. Why is it players like a Kush or a Heald when they no longer can play professional come back to the local leagues and are still better than all young players in the VMSL?

No offense to your boyhood heroes but the quality of the players in the world today are way better now then they were in 86. Could those players on those 86er teams play in the MLS the answer is yes but there is no way those 86er teams are winning championships the way they did.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the end of the day we see better players in not only the VMSL but the FVSL than Hurtado and Teibert, how the Whitecaps pay these guys the money they do is beyond me...time to ship them out.

At least the Whitecaps are not promoting Teibert like his is the next great Canadian anymore.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the end of the day we see better players in not only the VMSL but the FVSL than Hurtado and Teibert, how the Whitecaps pay these guys the money they do is beyond me...time to ship them out.

At least the Whitecaps are not promoting Teibert like his is the next great Canadian anymore.

Scratch that...has there been a great Canadian soccer player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0