Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2017 VMSL Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies to all TPP members. A simple clarification came out of control and I couldn't contain my anger. I should have understood that some issues have to be discussed in person and not behind a computer screen. I hope this will not happen again.

Good reads. Made the day go by faster. For that I thank you

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies to all TPP members. A simple clarification came out of control and I couldn't contain my anger. I should have understood that some issues have to be discussed in person and not behind a computer screen. I hope this will not happen again.

I didn't find you were out of line at all. Of all the posters here, you are one of the more civil and even headed, even when you think you are writing in anger, it doesn't come out that way.

Your advice was spot on: step-up, or shut-up. The officiating thing would be a fairly easy motion to make at the AGM. You don't even need to be on the board, you just need to convince the board with a sound case for it.

And, sorry guys, this is an Imperial Cup thread, no more ref talk for me here.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't find you were out of line at all. Of all the posters here, you are one of the more civil and even headed, even when you think you are writing in anger, it doesn't come out that way.

Your advice was spot on: step-up, or shut-up. The officiating thing would be a fairly easy motion to make at the AGM. You don't even need to be on the board, you just need to convince the board with a sound case for it.

And, sorry guys, this is an Imperial Cup thread, no more ref talk for me here.
I understand that at the end this is a matter of perspective and philosophical approach when it comes to the respect and value of basic democratic principles within social and communal institutions.

"The step or shut-up" approach might be comfortable with those who are used to a more dictatorial or command style of leadership. The discussion of ideas, thoughts, and concepts should not discouraged and most importantly, people should not be attacked or mocked for showing a different thoughts.

By the same token, people and members of a society should not be discouraged from participation when showing a difference of opinion.

And if you are an elected member of an organization and are part of the board of that organization, it is not your duty to try to critize, ridicule, or exclude a member from that organization. You are very out of line, if you do this. If the poster, is indeed an elected member, then he is correct in issuing an apology.

Sports organizations are social organizations here in Canada. The aim is not to have them run like little dictatorships or small business ventures.
People who are running those organizations should welcome and encourage participation and diversity of opinions and approaches.

I know that this is difficult for some people here to understand. Amateur soccer leagues should not be run like dictatorships or small private business ventures.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
con·de·scend·ing
ˌkändəˈsendiNG/
adjective
  1. having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
    "everyone on TTP thought he was an arrogant and condescending cnut of a human being"
Perhaps...perhaps... but at the process of modernization in the league is bound to happen sooner or later, from having electronic registrations, to improvement of customer service to players and teams, to devoting more resources to referees, to the allowance of difference of opinion. We want and need the league to modernize in many aspects. I understand some people are stuck in the past, specially the older generations, but things change in society and the league should and must to adjust to these changes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See how you are?

@Regs, I know the last time I asked for a self-like, it became quite an onerous task. I understand, and am forever grateful for your gift.

If I may, I think some here would appreciate a "See how you are?" emoji. The man-with-monocle seems appropriate, as a pompous, condescending, dim-witted fool.

No? Yes?

I'd even start using emojis again.

man-with-monacle emoji
praying emoji

see how you are.jpg

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs, I know the last time I asked for a self-like, it became quite an onerous task. I understand, and am forever grateful for your gift.

If I may, I think some here would appreciate a "See how you are?" emoji. The man-with-monocle seems appropriate, as a pompous, condescending, dim-witted fool.

No? Yes?

I'd even start using emojis again.

man-with-monacle emoji
praying emoji

View attachment 18335
I support this.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps...perhaps... but at the process of modernization in the league is bound to happen sooner or later, from having electronic registrations, to improvement of customer service to players and teams, to devoting more resources to referees, to the allowance of difference of opinion. We want and need the league to modernize in many aspects. I understand some people are stuck in the past, specially the older generations, but things change in society and the league should and must to adjust to these changes.

There was definitely a coin toss in your game. Definitely. Been confirmed by the ref and now by the Metro Ford coaching staff as well.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was definitely a coin toss in your game. Definitely. Been confirmed by the ref and now by the Metro Ford coaching staff as well.
No no no wait...there is one player who is away overseas and there is a tiny tiny chance that he was the one who took the coin toss, if there was one, which I'm positive there wasn't. But I blame the loss on the coin toss because, you know, that's some important sh*t.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
No no no wait...there is one player who is away overseas and there is a tiny tiny chance that he was the one who took the coin toss, if there was one, which I'm positive there wasn't. But I blame the loss on the coin toss because, you know, that's some important sh*t.
You are almost correct.
1) Referee should not be discussing previous games with anyone nor should be coming to check posts on games that he refereed (just another reflection of the lack of integrity).
2) Yes, we are waiting for the last person who has not confirmed that there was no coin toss. Even there was, the issues is that the referee failed to instruct the coaching unit and players that they were in the side with no referee. He also showed preference by giving the flag to a Coquitlam supporter who with purpose and by own admission was trying to confuse the Campo defense.
3) A friend came to Italy to visit. We went to see the Whitecaps. He was: "whao!, you guys are really behind." He could not contain his laugh at the reaction of the crowd on so many plays and instance. We replied. Yes, this is the way is here. There are so many things that people still do not get, (i.e. which includes understanding the importance to follow the laws of the game-like the coin toss or telling players that there is no assistant).
It is fine @bandcamp. Keep working at it. One day you will get better at understanding it.
We are 117th now, so there is some improvement.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New There was a coin toss
It's pretty much impossible as everyone said there wasn't except there is this guy, he's away, Estevan, and there's a super tiny chance that he took the flip, without telling us, and WATCH OUT...look over there...a friend from ITALY said we suck...and yeah. There's that. Cool story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0