Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updates:

That Canada/Ireland game last Thursday was 6-3 Canada by the way...:oops: :dead: :D

India 4 Africa 2 last night apparently.

Scotland play Italy tonight at Trasolini Turf in Port Moody at 8PM.
Canada vs. China at Minoru at 9PM.
Scotland O-30s vs. England O-30s at Holly Park in Ladner at 7:30 as well tonight.

Over 30
England 3 Scotland 0
England looks like they will have another strong team this year.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In over 38 action :
Africa 4 - 3 China

It was 3-0 Africa at half as we gifted them a couple of goals with weak back passes to our keeper that they intercepted and finished.

We threw everything at them in the second half and came up short. We had clear looks on goal and I was guilty of shooting a foot over the cross bar from 10 yards out with only the keeper to beat for my second. :mad:

The ref did a good job but he missed a blatant penalty at 4-3 but he was not the reason we lost.

Lots of footie to play and watch on Saturdays at this tournament...and beer garden ;)
Good luck!

@Rangerforever , I saw the score of the opener in Open. 7-1! wow!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did any team get screwed this year?

Maybe Croatia...

Deliba with an arguably dodgey penalty call to give India the 1-0 win over Croatia in the open semis. Tough to see from where I was located how much contact/intent there was. Croatia had an earlier penalty shout waived off when there did appear to be a good case after a collision in the box.

India then had a guy sent off early in the open final before losing 1-0 to Italy. Unsurprisingly they were up in arms afterword, but the challenge was a complete shocker, two footed over the ball, and a red card all day. Only thing that surprised me about it was that it was the same referee from the BC Provincial open final and he didn't send Hildebrandt off for essentially the same challenge that started the now infamous brawl at the end of that one. Not saying the guy should have stayed on the park, as I said it was a shocking challenge, just that I was marginally surprised when the referee pulled out the red after opting for yellow two months ago.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, he has had a lot of time to think about that tackle from the final. Are you really that surprised?

blade

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Croatia...

Deliba with an arguably dodgey penalty call to give India the 1-0 win over Croatia in the open semis. Tough to see from where I was located how much contact/intent there was. Croatia had an earlier penalty shout waived off when there did appear to be a good case after a collision in the box.

India then had a guy sent off early in the open final before losing 1-0 to Italy. Unsurprisingly they were up in arms afterword, but the challenge was a complete shocker, two footed over the ball, and a red card all day. Only thing that surprised me about it was that it was the same referee from the BC Provincial open final and he didn't send Hildebrandt off for essentially the same challenge that started the now infamous brawl at the end of that one. Not saying the guy should have stayed on the park, as I said it was a shocking challenge, just that I was marginally surprised when the referee pulled out the red after opting for yellow two months ago.

If you'd had a better seat Canuck, as you suggest, the handball was extremely obvious from behind the Croatia goal where a bunch of us were sitting. The player's arm was completely outstretched and he almost caught the ball in his hand. Not the way anyone wants to lose a semi but I would suggest that you rethink your description of dodgy given your vantage point. I don't think either team looked to be the superior squad in this match.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You left out Portugal

I stand corrected. Japan with an impressive debut at the tourney and finished second in their group. They only needed to tie eventual champs Italy in the final group stage but lost 1-0. Well done. And Congrats to all the group winners this year and back to back open champs...Italy!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you'd had a better seat Canuck, as you suggest, the handball was extremely obvious from behind the Croatia goal where a bunch of us were sitting. The player's arm was completely outstretched and he almost caught the ball in his hand. Not the way anyone wants to lose a semi but I would suggest that you rethink your description of dodgy given your vantage point. I don't think either team looked to be the superior squad in this match.

Not sure your interpretation of my post but I thought I left the door entirely open for the handball call to be accurate. I believe my exact words were "Maybe Croatia..."; hardly a ringing endorsement. I also conceded that I could not see the incident clearly and the penalty was only "arguably dodgy." Evidently it would seem that it was the correct call...

Take a breath mate. :)

blade

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touche! That was brilliant bandcamp!:wa:

I was actually at the other end of the field and "should have" been in the beer garden.

Btw..well said Canuck. In hindsight, I really should have read that again (twice !) before I posted.

Well said mate!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see much of the tourney but I did catch some of the Italy/Iran semi. Really liked Italy's team. Basso up front is big, fast and has good touch. They attacked down the left flank and were dangerous getting to the bi-line. Their winner came from there and was a stunner.

And Milad likes to dribble.....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was away from the ceremonies but Basso got top scorer for sure.

Italian defender won defensive player as well.

Sorry, don't have much in details right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0