Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Provincial Cup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick, first glance impressions of the Men's A Cup draw...

Great draw for Aldergrove. If there was ever a year for the FVSL this could be it and they're hosting nationals to boot.

Obviously, take nothing away from the teams in their quarter, but to dodge the VMSL and to have two home dates against the Island, or one Island and one team from their own league, has to be absolutely tantalizing.

West Van get Coquitlam in the first round for the second year straight after finishing second to Metro Ford for the second consecutive year as well. Can they finally get over the hump?

Also that Surrey derby looks tasty.

FVU

Apr 10, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha oh no, yet another reason for Les Kirvak to have a moan about something. Go On West Van!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any update on who won the playoff for the final FVSL spot last night between PMO and Westcoast?

Mediocre Site with nothing posted...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So another Pomo vs Pomo match in the first round ? I think they played each other in a cup final already...

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, and that's the issue. The B cup is a nice tournament, but that's all it is. At least the A Cup has some serious prestige and prize at the end.

All the B cup winners get is a trophy that says they were the best in the province at a level that competes under the 1st and Premier divisions. Some will take it seriously, some will not, whereas everyone puts everything into the A Cup.

What is wrong with opening up the Imperial and Pak Cups (and whatever the Island has) to every team? Have it a mandatory Cup for P & 1st teams, but all others can enter? I recall it used to be that way, at least with the FVSL, where the 1st and 2nd div teams would compete in the preliminary round, then meet up in a draw vs. Premier squads in the 1st round? My memory is not serving me well on that....

I dunno...too much attention on lower level cups, where Promotion should be the goal.
I kinda half ass agree with u that the attention should be solely on promotion for the lower division teams. We ended up playing 9games in 3 weeks to see who gets to play in the B cup. Cost us a league promotion as we ended up having to play guys that had no right to play because of muscle pulls groin injuries etc. Shaheen had the same and eventually pulled out of the provincial cup.
Back when I played we had our divisional cup and also the provincial cup. As someone had mentioned earlier the lower division teams played off and when they got to 4 teams they included the next division. We started playing cup game back in October and u played ur league game sat and cup game sun. Every third week u had a cup game if u moved on. Provincial cup should not take precedent over our league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do like that they fixed the format and timing to align it with the other cups. That makes it more ligitamate as a championship.

And, you can't take away the amount of work it took to get there. Besides, last year's champ went on to win Promotion to Premier, that alone validates it.

Not sure where I'm going with this except to say I didn't mean to belittle it or the players, if that's what I did.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do like that they fixed the format and timing to align it with the other cups. That makes it more ligitamate as a championship.

And, you can't take away the amount of work it took to get there. Besides, last year's champ went on to win Promotion to Premier, that alone validates it.

Not sure where I'm going with this except to say I didn't mean to belittle it or the players, if that's what I did.
Lol. I'm not too sure either. Lol. But as I said it was campo that used an illegal player last year named Edson as he too was signed and was the leading goal scorer and like this years illegal player played on a fvsl div 4 team. Campo only got up to div 1 in a really weird way as there was a rule missing 6.3 when they had the meeting to see what they were doing with the bottom prem team when Surrey left. They ended up sending two teams down and had a vacancy left by Surrey leaving. Then amazingly the rule 6.3 re appeared and unlike the promotion ruling if there is no time to have a playoff game it is the winner head to head between the two teams. Not only did norvan prem team being the second to bottom have to go down but the norvan div 2 team got screwed as well. They lost out on goal difference as this was the ruling they came up with and the vmsl says they forgot to change it.
Once again this year the norvan div 2 team gets screwed as they finished a point out again and with the vmsl knowingly kicking akal out after they forfeited there first three games turned the div1 into an eleven team division. Then to top it off they do not change the ruling of two teams going down they are saying akal is one of them. The rule clearly reads that 2 teams go down. It does not read that one team goes down and the other one we kicked out for not playing is the other team. There still should be two teams going down and one vacancy like the previous year.
But getting back to the other point. Campo cheated and should never be where they are as they too used an illegal player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0