Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial Masters Cup - Predictions, Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its still showing at Sherman Road on the BC Soccer site, and at Burnaby Lake West on the VMSL site.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel quit confusing things. Now it is confirmed that the Cowichan - MF game is at Sherman Road at noon Sunday.

Carry on as if normal.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aren't all finals supposed to be played on the same day? What happened this year?

The snow....

Plus they expanded the field of teams in the Masters and "B" Divisions. Competition was originally supposed to begin week of April 7/8/9 and then I believe the Masters and B brackets had to play over Easter and ALL the finals were supposed to be last weekend.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have never understood why they need to play them all not he same day vs. playing what they can on grass. Then someone told me it is all about the $5 concession to get into the grounds as a fundraiser. Seriously?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely Baseless Predictions
Men’s Masters Deryl Hughes Provincial Cup
Quarter Finals: 3/4
Overall: 13/20

Semi Finals:

Cowichan 49ers (VISL) v Coquitlam Metro Ford (VMSL)
The lone VISL still remaining in any Provincial Cup, Cowichan will be counting on home field advantage to propel them past the VMSL Champions, Metro Ford. Both teams have had little trouble in the competition to this point, with neither really have a scare put into them by any of their previous competitors. Cowichan have yet to face a VMSL team in the tournament though, having knocked of an RASA, BMSL and FVSL opponent in their quarter of the draw, and they will be handed a tough test in Coquitlam, the cream of the Vancouver League this season. Metro Ford, on the other hand, have faced only domestic competition to this point, knocking off traditional powerhouses Westside and Columbus on their route to the semis. Travel, as always, should not be overlooked, but Cowichan themselves know that this is far from a deal breaker given that they traveled to the mainland in the Round of 16 to defeat Roma. Overall, given the down year for the island and the pedigree of Metro Ford, I expect the VMSLers to be comfortable in this one.

Croatia SC (VMSL) v PCOV (VMSL)
The Match of the Round is a domestic encounter from the Vancouver Metro Soccer League. Third place PCOV takes on fifth place Croatia and both teams have benefited from being in a rather open bottom half of the draw. The only seeded team, the RASA Champion Richmond Old Blacks, was seen off at the first hurdle by Delta, who would then be knocked off by Croatia in the quarter finals. These two teams likely fancied their chances and, sure enough, hear they are in a semi final. Croatia got past Delta, as mentioned, as well as their FVSL compatriots South Surrey to reach this stage following a randomly drawn first round bye. PCOV got a tour of the BMSL, knocking off Burnaby Bulls and Europa FC, before putting their VMSL counterparts, West Van, to the sword last weekend in a 5-0 victory. Neither of these teams have conceded a goal in the tournament, a statistic that we all hope will change in the semi final. Nobody is routing for a greasy 0-0 penalty shootout. These teams have had no trouble finding the back of the net this year as Croatia put up 49 in 21 league matches. PCOV only scored 37 goals in the league, but have exploded for 13 in their three Provincial Cup games. Lots of reasons to be optimistic then if you are a neutral at the park on Sunday. The Portuguese had the better of it in league play, finishing higher and, after losing their first meeting 1-0, beating Croatia 2-1 and 3-2 in their subsequent fixtures. Those one goal score line indicate that this one should be close, but I like PCOV's form. Blowing out a traditional powerhouse in West Van is a statement result and I back them to build on that and make the final.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard metroford up 1-0 at half with the Cowichan keeper making loads of saves . Last I heard they got to the keeper and now up 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0