Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighLife

Mar 30, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Through numerous people that were at the game, i heard it was pretty much a long ball game and no one really dominated but the quality of Milad R. ended up being the difference. Aldy winning 3 out of 4? I doubt that. I've seen a few of their matches this year and I think they'd maybe win 1. Good team nonetheless.

As for the "brawl" I'll make a case based on that video. Fair enough, Milad might have taunted fans but I don't care who you are, you make a tackle like that then you better expect to get smacked right after. Ridiculous no calls on the reds, in my opinion, from the ref. No red for the tackle? No red for the goalie running out and hitting the other player? If you are incensed with Milad, why not hit him? Would the reaction from the Inter players have been the same if Milad was tackled? Was there other tensions boiling around the field as well?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There were reds. I believe 2 reds each squad, including the Aldy Keeper who was as out of line as the Inter CB.

Again, I can be convinced Connor deserved red, but late tackles like that happen often, and no, MMA ground and pound counterattacks don't. Try and keep this thing realistic.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Through numerous people that were at the game, i heard it was pretty much a long ball game and no one really dominated but the quality of Milad R. ended up being the difference. Aldy winning 3 out of 4? I doubt that. I've seen a few of their matches this year and I think they'd maybe win 1. Good team nonetheless.

As for the "brawl" I'll make a case based on that video. Fair enough, Milad might have taunted fans but I don't care who you are, you make a tackle like that then you better expect to get smacked right after. Ridiculous no calls on the reds, in my opinion, from the ref. No red for the tackle? No red for the goalie running out and hitting the other player? If you are incensed with Milad, why not hit him? Would the reaction from the Inter players have been the same if Milad was tackled? Was there other tensions boiling around the field as well?

I Agree @Stringer !

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the CB really out of line? Someone tried to do him in the 99th minute of a 2-0 game? How should have he reacted? the game was over at that point. It was a blatant tackle to injure.
A two foot torpedo tackle in that minute would get that reaction in most matches with any heartbeat. Dude, I have to disagree with you on this one. Tackles like that do not happen often in the last seconds of games. Perhaps mid game they might happen, but in any case that is a straight red card, no matter what minute you are in.

I watched the second half online. It was pretty ugly. Inter was content of playing long balls to their front 3 and getting the ball out of their back 1/3 as quick as possible. I didn't see Aldergrove sustain any pressure at all second half. it was a very ugly half from what I saw online, with Inter getting more of the chances. Their front 3 on Inter is very strong. Aldergrove front 2 is very strong as well,... one team finished some chances.

Congrats to Inter! well deserved title after knocking out PEG and the top 2 Valley teams.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the CB really out of line? Someone tried to do him in the 99th minute of a 2-0 game? How should have he reacted? the game was over at that point. It was a blatant tackle to injure.
A two foot torpedo tackle in that minute would get that reaction in most matches with any heartbeat.

Spot on @LION

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so you are saying if that happens mid game, with the game on the line, the reaction doesn't happen, but at 99th minute, and now assured of a trip to Nationals, you chose to react that way? Honestly?

Summer game, sure. Who cares. Trip to Nationals booked? I think I'd want to make sure I'm playing.

Anyways, emotions running high, and VERY easy for me to say while watching on the sidelines. Dangerous tackle, for sure, and (all credit to the ref), one of the only calls he missed all game (not showing red instead of yellow). The officials did a very good job with the match and that incident.

HighLife

Mar 30, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude, you have been in the game a long time as have I. At the end of the day, a tackle like that in the 99th minute down 2-0 is horseshit. Its a pussy move.

What if an Inter player had gotten injured on that tackle, would you be singing a different tune?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the video, it isn't clear to me that the ref showed 2 reds to Aldergrove.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like we are all fairly unanimous that the tactics and level of play were, shall we say, less than what you would hope for in a Provincial Cup final.

Second goal definitely scored on a guy who's not a keeper... I still say credit to him for going in there.

Re the incident: Absolutely a straight red. Connor had one thing on his mind there and should have been punished accordingly. The bald centreback got a deserved red as well. If you want to react like that, however justified (and in this case it proved to be decent street justice given that Connor wasn't sent off...), you have to understand that you will be sent off. Things seemed to be calmed down until the stand-in keeper came charging in and it all kicked off again. He was clearly targeting Nonni for injuring the regular keeper earlier in the game and I guess he figured, with the game lost and a brawl already in progress, now was a good time to settle things. Again, fully deserved the red card and should definitely be given a lengthy suspension as I don't really think you can put one that down to "heat of the moment" the way you could say that the bald centreback was reacting to the tackle etc. Not sure what Nonni was sent off for, I watched the video a few times and from that angle he didn't seem any more involved than everyone else on the pitch, other than getting punched by the keeper. Not saying he didn't deserve to go, just that it's not clear why he was sent off from those highlights. I can't see any evidence of a second red for Aldergrove.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, I haven't watched the video, only going off what I recall happened.

1. As soon as Connor went in for that tackle, you knew a card was coming, likely red. Yellow it was. I remember asking @lfc4 standing next to me if a red to him now would carry to TSS play. We all thought it'd be red standing where we were, waiting for the verdict.

2. Regs: yes, I thought for sure the Aldy Keeper was shown red. There is no way he couldn't have been, he outright attacked an Inter player. Again, watching, we counted two reds / squad. I suppose a match report can confirm this?

3. @Canucks4Ever - was it possibly one of the Aldy CBs booked for their other red? Gotta agree w/ this: "Again, fully deserved the red card and should definitely be given a lengthy suspension as I don't really think you can put one that down to "heat of the moment" the way you could say that the bald centreback was reacting to the tackle etc."

4. As much as I contend Milad is classless, it was still a nice goal (sure, on a keeper that wasn't a keeper), at a moment in the match when they needed it most. Nail in the coffin. Aldy was pushing, he made them pay, and that was that. It was with about 30 seconds left on the watch, as I'd just heard the Aldergrove players about a minute prior to that confirm the ref had 1:30 remaining. They pushed, Inter countered down Aldy's right side.

So, as memory serves, I am certain of 2 reds each. Certain one was to the Aldy Keeper, and guessing the other to the Aldy CB.

That being said, my memory isn't the best, and I think sometimes in my mind I see something else happening in front of me that actually didn't. I.e.: the other night I watched the whole TSS match, and completely missed the opening goal. Or three weeks ago completely missed one of the 4 goals Aldy scored against Bays. So, definitely open to being proven wrong here...which would be the first time, ever, on TTP.

Glad I went to watch. Have to say, after watching Inter vs. Langley, I wasn't surprised to see Inter use pretty much the same game-plan against Aldy. Hump it up to a talented top 3, mostly the wings, and attack from the sides. Definitely that was where their quality was, and as stated before, a back four that doesn't give away much. My thought was that Aldy had to play their game vs. Inter, and force them on their heels, and tracking back if they had any hope of beating them. Attack, attack, attack straight down route 1. Was hoping for a different result, but not surprised by it. Yeah, wasn't the prettiest of games, but frequently that's the way it goes in Championship matches.

Does anyone know what the actual decision is regarding National spots? Do the hosts get 2 or 1? Seems to be inconclusive right now?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, after watching on the video, it happened so much faster there than I remember in real time, LOL. The reds, they occurred at least how I remembered, but @Regs you are correct it's not entirely clear on the video. You can kind of see the ref pointing twice to Aldy players, one the Keeper, the other certainly had to be the CB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude, you have been in the game a long time as have I. At the end of the day, a tackle like that in the 99th minute down 2-0 is horseshit. Its a pussy move.

What if an Inter player had gotten injured on that tackle, would you be singing a different tune?

Hey.

I'll try to answer this with as much truth and as unbiased as I can.

I did state that I hadn't watched the highlights before commenting, and I will say having now watched the highlights, and time to watch it a few times, it looks ugly, and as Regs pointed out, like a leg breaker. In watching it live, we saw it as late, yes, but I put it down to a frustrated player who was at that point trying to break through the whole team himself and score. Trying not to defend Connor too much here, because obviously I am 100% on the kid's side.

I can't also say I wouldn't have done the same thing as a 20 year old; though I never had Connor's talent, I did have the same ultra competitive mentality, and I can see myself doing something dumb in a game like that, as a 20 year old Dude. Dirty is all in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone crying foul here, I can bet have committed as egregious a foul as Connor had at some point in their footballing careers, all to I'm sure various degrees of consequences. No, doesn't make it right. Just saying we've all done it, so stating "It's a pussy move", whatever. Glass house.

As a 30 or 40 year old Dude, I would have likely not have done the same. I would have also likely not lost my shite and full on thrown out my chances of playing at a National just to throw a handbag at a kid who obviously lost his head in the heat of a moment. I say "likely" because, unfortunately, never been in the circumstance. Would love to have been.

Had the player been injured? Well, yeah, probably would be singing a different tune. Glad none were, for the Inter player's sake, and for Connor's. That would truly have been tragic.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red's were to: Aldy's back-up keeper and left back; Inter's CB and 'Nonni'... Also, 10+ was added, the 1:30 was in regulation.

Thanks.

The 1:30, sure that wasn't w/ 1:30 left in stoppage? Just following our watches, seemed you were well into stoppage.

Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks.

The 1:30, sure that wasn't w/ 1:30 left in stoppage? Just following our watches, seemed you were well into stoppage.
From my understanding the ref stopped his watch during Aldergrove's keeper being tended to and then also had 10+ added for all the other nonsense (i.e. head to head collision in the Inter box being the main factor).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI: not 100% certain that reds in THIS competition carry to Nationals.

The Aldergrove players that received reds do not sit out their first league games next September - they have to sit out the next provincial cup game the team they are registered with plays.

That's my understanding.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI: not 100% certain that reds in THIS competition carry to Nationals.

The Aldergrove players that received reds do not sit out their first league games next September - they have to sit out the next provincial cup game the team they are registered with plays.

That's my understanding.

Correct. Reds will be served next Provincials for Aldy for sure.

I'd be surprised if the suspensions carried into Nationals for Inter, but I don't know for sure that they do not.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got suspended one time in bc's and it carried over to the next year at bc's.

Congrats to Inter. Solid effort and they got the job done when they had to. Huge congrats to all the players and especially Joe and Ken. As for the pk save, Erman is a stud. Always said he is the best keeper around and to save a pk in the finals... HUGE! No better feeling and no better way to get your team into a huge game.

Good luck at nationals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts