Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw is done, first round starts April 21st

Aldergrove vs Bays United
Vic West vs Abbotsford
MetroFord vs West Van
Westside vs Nanaimo

Cowichan vs Langley United
Croatia vs Rovers Tigers United
Peg vs Inter
PMO Rangers vs PMO Gunners/Westcoast Selects

First Round Predictions
Aldergrove
Vic West
MetroFord
Westside
Cowichan
Rovers
Peg
PMO

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

Aldergrove vs Bays United
Vic West vs Abbotsford
MetroFord
vs West Van
Westside vs Nanaimo

Cowichan vs Langley United
Croatia vs Rovers Tigers United
Peg vs Inter
PMO Rangers
vs PMO Gunners/Westcoast Selects

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe people actually think that a FVSL team has a chance at winning provincials. Aldergrove is definetly not a dark horse and definetly won't get by west van or metro ford. Westside has a better chance

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, won't Aldy lose their best player to TSS and PDL action after the Quarterfinals?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe people actually think that a FVSL team has a chance at winning provincials. Aldergrove is definetly not a dark horse and definetly won't get by west van or metro ford. Westside has a better chance

I'm certainly not suggesting that they are a favourite, but the draw has them either playing back to back island teams at home or a team from their own division. That puts them one game away from the final without playing a VMSL opponent. At that point it just takes one bounce or one call or one moment of brilliance or who knows. It's not like their status as League Champions is a negative either, clearly they have some amount of pedigree...

Example, North Delta went to penalties in the Semis the year before they switched leagues. Their record since then might be taken to indicate that they weren't necessarily the third or fourth best team in the Province at the time, but they were there and they were what largely amounts to a lottery away from making the final.

So I think Aldergrove has a decent chance, I wouldn't even call them a "dark horse", they should be favoured to reach the Semi Finals IMHO.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if losing in Penos is being out coached. Against a stacked inter side.
We lost many players since that semi finals. 1/3 of our team has change since then.

Regs its way past your bed time. Usually it's a 5am post.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah still has a pager, so send him a series of numbers he can then convert to Morse code. It literally takes two hours to message him that you'd like to have lunch.

@utah, has the potential conflict been even discussed w/ the Rovers? Would Connor be allowed to play, should your team win despite poor coaching?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Answer- no thanks to @utah (he's probably still decoding).

https://www.bcsoccer.net/files/Abou...Soccer_Rules_Regulations_updated_20170408.pdf

Covers it in Rule 6 Poaching (page 16), then Rule 19a (page 31) – TSS can’t take players until Utah screws the pooch, and the season is over. That goes for anyone still in Provincial Cup. VMSL, or FVSL, doesn't matter.

I'd like to take credit for this finding, but I'm not that smart. It came to me through my ASS (Anonymous Soccer Source). My ASS is somewhat mercurial, and lacks self confidence on TTP. Too many hits to the groin. My ASS is also aging, and not what it once was, probably a bit overworked, and underappreciated, too. My ASS could use a weekend at the SPA, an ASS massage, one would say, maybe a makeover, probably a bottle of spray-on hair solution they sell on the infomercials, too. Wants a small blond with big boobs, but that ship has sailed. That said, as sad as my ASS is, it is somewhat useful, and once in a blue moon a nice little nugget falls out.

It would seem that if TSS were to demand it's players were to miss conflicting games, like this potentially could be, then TSS could be in some hot water w/ the governing bodies right off the bat.

That said, most bets are with Utah spoiling his drawers before this becomes an issue, so this is all likely MOOT.

(I deserve two self-high-fives for bringing back two old TTP staples).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait, I am gramatically perfect on that. It's players. Or, TTS' players.

Pick one.

See how you are?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's players = it is players
Its players = players belonging to it

#grammarlessons #teachanolddudenewtricks

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spoke with Elmo today and he confirmed that TSS don't have to release players for Provincial Cup. It's going to be up to them if they want to ask to play or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0