Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aird salary would be based on his Rangers contact and it's possible they are paying a portion which would make him so cheap for us.

I believe Dean is part of the generation adidas program still which is why he gets the high guaranteed comp. My understanding is that his salary would be paid by MLS and not count against our salary cap.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is interesting is if you check out the salary discrepancy between the two New York teams then the result from yesterday.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The second call against Ka was very bad, the ball was up near his shoulder. Nagbe was the best player on the field today as he was when Portland won last year.
Glad to see the Caps doing so well with a low budget team, but also feel that we could afford to pay more for better players. Higher salaried players don't always perform so we make do with a low budget team that is performing well.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was some kind of F reffing in Portland. Ref must be using mushrooms or he was full of bad gas. Even Dude would have done a better job. Waston lost it again man needs to smoke bit of roach to calm down, better yet ship out.
FC Edmonton has two good players that Caps should go after. Jake Keegan and Pape Diakite could help for sure. Diakite is fast pace C/D good in air and on the ground. Keegan can score and is fast attacker.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am starting to drink your Kool-Aid regarding Watson there, Base. He's a big liability this year, and that act at the end was pure stupidity. Didn't hear the whistler my ass. He knew they were down to the final second or two of stoppage, the score was 4-2, so he was on his own agenda looking to clean a guy out. He'll get 5 games for that, my guess.

Kah is frightening. 'Nuff said.

As for our manager, he was up to his mind bending decisions again. Two huge mistakes at the opposite ends of the part. Hurtado starting? Seriously? When you have Riv and Perez available?

Manneh...I actually agreed w/ this one. He was hot, and again had another good shift out.

In the back, a mess. Moving Parker to the right in order to slot in Kah (not Jacobsen) was a head scratcher. Parker has been your best CB, leave him there. You have a natural LB on the bench in Sam, and a capable LB that can play RB in Harvey.

Duh.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed - Why he moved Parker is beyond me considering his alternatives out wide.

But, I do like Kah in general as a back up CB.
He was obviously rusty due to lack of playing time is my guess.

And yes, selfish and stupid move by Waston.
Especially given the fact we don't have much in alternatives to him and Parker right now.

Starting Hurtado was probably a reward for the Toronto game so he could get the nod in his home town?
Nice gesture of the Manager but...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waston is gone to play for Costa Rica in Copa America anyway... I guess now his absence will just be a couple weeks longer. I guess he'll be back with the Caps by August.

Any good CBs on our USL team?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza Hugo Rhods could help in the back he is NASL player, Pape Dinkite would fit in no problem also an NASL player with Europian experiance. Ian Svantesson is a six foot six forward could get to them crosses in the box All those guys would cost less than than one import. Drop Laba to C/D add a guy in the middle. Hurtado has improved since he went to Europe. They should do that with few other Canadian kids. NASL is good place to start your development for a year or two. Waston needs mental help.
USL kids only one guy that could do the job but not as C/D. Midfielder.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza Hugo Rhods could help in the back he is NASL player, Pape Dinkite would fit in no problem also an NASL player with Europian experiance. Ian Svantesson is a six foot six forward could get to them crosses in the box All those guys would cost less than than one import. Drop Laba to C/D add a guy in the middle. Hurtado has improved since he went to Europe. They should do that with few other Canadian kids. NASL is good place to start your development for a year or two. Waston needs mental help.
USL kids only one guy that could do the job but not as C/D. Midfielder.
Laba as a CD are you daft? Jacobson did a good job slot him in beside Parker Kah is a Liability shuts off constantly and at his age that wont change Watson is just frustrated but needs to get over it cuz the Reffing won't get better.

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took my high school academy to watch the Whitecaps train on Wednesday and it didn't surprise me that they came out flat against Portland. They really struggled with a simple passing combination drill. The kids even commented that it was poor. Overall it just didn't look sharp. Then I heard they cancelled training the day before and had a basketball tournament instead.
I'm all for changing things up at training but Robinson needs to run a tighter ship. I get the impression that these guys think they're better than they are. It's great that they had a three game win streak but they're on the fringes of a playoff spot playing a team that is arguably their biggest rival. Last week should have been business as usual at training.
It was pretty cool to see the training habits of some of these guys. Now I know why Tiebert is able to have a pro career with such limited technical ability. The guy is dialled in at all times. He was out there thirty minutes before anyone else working on his own.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kah not sliding for that ball and letting the striker get a touch to it first was diabolical. Robinson not making a change to the backline at half time is a major mistake. Parker at right back when Kah is so far off the pace...not adjusting to that as a coach is poor management.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, bingo. Robo continues to make a lot of very basic man management errors. Basic stuff.

Parker has been far and away your best CB, why move him out of that spot? Keep the middle of the park strong, at all costs. You can fcuk w/ the attacking formations, fine, but you try to maintain as much consistency as you can from the center backs going up.

Robo must have an extreme lack of confidence in Sam, because to me, this was an idea opportunity to bring Sam in at left, and push Harvey to the right.

And, obviously Smith is out of the equation, so why are we wasting our time? Move him on, stick him down in USL for the season, lend him to a European partner, whatever, but get him off the roster.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree on Jacobson as center back alternative. I do not like him in the center mid position. Just not creative enough. Solid in the back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0